Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mice in attic

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
<snip excuses for animal cruelty>

Neutral

You're recommending people to leave them on a glue trap to starve to death, even telling them to hide the animal out of sight and ignore it never mind the fact that:

a) it's beyond cruel.
b) it's against the law.
c) the animal can chew a limb off and get away, thus making it impractical and stupid.
d) there are options for euthanising the animal humanely.
e) it's a cowardly thing to do.

Which part of these five points don't you seem to understand? Do you even have have a conscience at all? How the heck can you justify what essentially amounts to deliberately torturing an animal to death? Please, do share. Point out where I'm wrong with these points, and how they're not logical... instead of ignoring them and rating them as "boring" or "abusive" (part e strikes again). Come on.

Now you're getting all defensive and snotty because someone actually pointed out that what you're advising (or doing) is animal cruelty. Unnecessary and pointless cruelty, at that... and illegal. Well too bad, you should have thought about that before telling people to starve animals to death on controversial traps.

I even offered advice, recommended other methods and even went as far to say I'm not trying to judge you! I'm judging your method of disposal, not you as a person... but I just might have to rethink that going by these replies.

"The sort of person I am" - on face value, your deliberate cruelty, encouraging what is technically a criminal act (no, not the killing, but option b) and response to criticism of your first post is quite telling. Quite frankly, the "go fuck yourself" line is a sign that you can't really defend/justify what you wrote with regards to glue traps. Resorting to personal insults instead of attacking the criticism, how very classy of you.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glue traps are illegal in Ireland and limited to professionals in Australia, and even then they have to kill the animal humanely

throwing that out there

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:24 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a glue trap supplier:

Quote:
Under the Animal Welfare Act 2006, any animal becomes a 'protected animal' when it is 'under the control of man whether on a permanent or temporary basis'.

Therefore an animal in such a trap is a protected animal, and if it suffers unnecessarily as a result of poor practice in the use of the trap, or through a failure to release or kill the animal in an appropriate manner, then an offence of causing unnecessary suffering under section 4 of the Act may have been committed.

These are guidelines pest controllers have to follow in the UK. What makes you think you're exempt, hellkat? Ignoring legalities, ethically speaking it's f'ed up. I would have thought common sense and decency would win the day, but I can see how that won't happen with someone lacking these two things. TBH, people like hellkat are the reason why glue traps shouldn't be allowed to be sold.

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im that soft, I ended up leaving food and water in little bowls under my sofa when a dormouse escaped the cats. I knew it couldnt escape as four of my cats held daily vigils by the couch , it was driving them crazy. I didnt want to lift the couch in case I squished it an invested in a humane trap with peanut butter. Mice love peanut butter.

Two retarded starlings started building a nest at ground level next to the barn which I thought was strange but i had to keep going to it and destroying it in order to put them off. The carnage from my cats would have been awful.

I feel really bad for upsetting the starlings and all their hard work.

I'm a lost cause aren't I Embarassed

Chalky.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryl84 wrote:
hellkat wrote:
<snip excuses for animal cruelty>

Neutral

You're recommending people to leave them on a glue trap to starve to death, even telling them to hide the animal out of sight and ignore it never mind the fact that:

a) it's beyond cruel.
b) it's against the law.
c) the animal can chew a limb off and get away, thus making it impractical and stupid.
d) there are options for euthanising the animal humanely.
e) it's a cowardly thing to do.

Which part of these five points don't you seem to understand? Do you even have have a conscience at all? How the heck can you justify what essentially amounts to deliberately torturing an animal to death? Please, do share. Point out where I'm wrong with these points, and how they're not logical... instead of ignoring them and rating them as "boring" or "abusive" (part e strikes again). Come on.

Now you're getting all defensive and snotty because someone actually pointed out that what you're advising (or doing) is animal cruelty. Unnecessary and pointless cruelty, at that... and illegal. Well too bad, you should have thought about that before telling people to starve animals to death on controversial traps.

I even offered advice, recommended other methods and even went as far to say I'm not trying to judge you! I'm judging your method of disposal, not you as a person... but I just might have to rethink that going by these replies.

"The sort of person I am" - on face value, your deliberate cruelty, encouraging what is technically a criminal act (no, not the killing, but option b) and response to criticism of your first post is quite telling. Quite frankly, the "go fuck yourself" line is a sign that you can't really defend/justify what you wrote with regards to glue traps. Resorting to personal insults instead of attacking the criticism, how very classy of you.

You're funny Laughing

https://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/fv53wkr/nob.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:34 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryl84 wrote:
https://edge.papercutpm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/hulk-smash.png

He's spunky, can we keep him?

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little nipper up, chocolate covered rasins with a bit of peanut butter smeared on. Put one or 2 on the bait pin on the treader and thread another one on the long pin that holds the trap open. In case a ninja mouse manages to pinch the bait off the pin on the treader without setting the trap off, he will get deaded when he tries again on the last bait.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right or wrong you do come across as a pompous prick barryl84.

Then I noticed rogerborg rating you up and downrating hellkat with the old karma buttons of doom, makes sense as he's a pompous prick too. Thumbs Up Laughing

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegubner wrote:
Right or wrong you do come across as a pompous prick barryl84.

Would you have liked me to say it in another way instead? Sugar coat it, perhaps?

We have someone practically saying "I torture animals with glue traps, you should too" yet I'm the prick? That doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't think animal abusers should get a free ride, their actions should be pointed out. Can't see how doing that is "pompous". Would I be "pompous" if I criticised someone kicked a dog randomly and telling them how cruel that is? Screw animal abusers, honestly... they deserve all the criticism they get. If they are upset that their actions and feelings are attacked, then they should have thought first before deliberately torturing an animal and writing it as recommendation on a public forum. For effect, here it is:

Quote:
(b) leave it there for a couple of days till it starves to death, try not to think about it (put it behind something so you can't see it in your direct line of vision) and THEN chuck the trap out (my personal choice)

Yes, so pompous for having the audacity to point out why that's fucked up, disgusting, cowardly, etc.

L-Jam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair I do agree with what Barry is saying, at the end of the day it's not nice to leave something starve to death.

Mind you, I once stepped on a spider on purpose.

Do I go to jail?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the post you pompous prick, it says "right or wrong" implying I give not a fuck, you just come across as a pompous prick. Sugar coating would do fuck all, you'd still come across to me as a pompous prick.

You pompous prick.

HTH

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegubner wrote:
Read the post you pompous prick, it says "right or wrong" implying I give not a fuck, you just come across as a pompous prick. Sugar coating would do fuck all, you'd still come across to me as a pompous prick.

Well there has to be a reason. If you're not going to divulge it, then don't waste my time with such nonsense please.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason, I don't need to divulge any further. You wasted your own time unless you think I typed your reply out for you.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pompous prick.

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegubner wrote:
You pompous prick.

You know what?

I don't care any more. Call me what you will, but I'll continue to fight the good fight regardless what you may think.

I think you're an ever bigger prick. Probably friends with the animal abuser I assume... figures.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care either, your move fuck face.

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegubner wrote:
I don't care either, your move fuck face.

https://i49.tinypic.com/120kl7t.gif

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, my own meme Laughing

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITT: The gubner and barryl84

https://i.imgur.com/DGYZE.gif
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall saying anywhere that I was superhuman, that I might not have failings. Its kind of you to point them out for me, in my busy life I might have forgotten what they are Laughing

Sociopaths Anonymous, yes, it has a ring to it.
Meetings herein.
Form an orderly queue.

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 16 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I don't recall saying anywhere that I was superhuman, that I might not have failings. Its kind of you to point them out for me, in my busy life I might have forgotten what they are Laughing

Then better yourself as a human being by not starving an animal to death next time. Just put it out of its damn misery. Neutral
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 03:49 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

unitynotsocrippledatmo wrote:
animal rights act hahahaha its like the majority of the lower classes........they might have 'rights' but are mostly too uneducated or pissed to write to their mp's about it......

yeah as if that squirrels going to call the police because i crippled it with a 2.2 springer?hah what next compensation for rats injured by poison?

ps can BCF have that pussy picture as its collective logo?

This post makes me weep for the collective intelligence of humanity. I am dumber for having read it.

First, it's called the Animal Welfare Act, you muppet. Secondly, breaching it can result in fines and/or jail time depending on the severity. So next time you abuse your dog or whatever animal you want to 'cripple' (dickbag), and someone reports you, don't be surprised to get a knock on your door.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:33 - 17 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make me weep, you're that busy being a pompous prick you can't tell when you're being wound up.
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5