Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mice in attic

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:47 - 18 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roof rats are common here so I must bait regular. Don't use traps or poisons. If they die in there you have a smell. And they are clever: if they see one eat something and die they won't eat it.

I use racumin. It is a paste that comes in a tea bag. It doesn't kill them but clogs their gut, so they leave the roof to find water and die outside. As it is not a posion, it doesn't harm a cat or any animal that eats them, like arsenic and styrichtnine poisons.

Been using racumin for years. Tried others but racumin works best. Made by bayer I think.

I just open the trap door to the roof, chuck in a few tea bags, and in a few days, silence.

https://www.bayerhome.co.za/index.php?option=3&id=1&com_id=106&parent_id=88&com_task=1

Quote:
Over the years, several means have been formulated for their eradication. At first, people tried to control them by having tightly lidded metal garbage cans to block all their methods of home entry and by eradicating their shelters and other possible areas of cover.

Then came snap traps, glue boards, zapper traps, and most recently, instant-kill rat poisons — which all proved unsuccessful in the long run.

Instant-kill rat poisons, for one, are only effective for a short-term period. This is because when other rats see the effect that these products have on their fellow rodents, they will eventually try to avoid them.

So what’s the best proven and tested way to eradicate them?

From world-trusted Bayer comes Racumin, so far the most effective product to keep the rat population under control, as it counters “bait shyness.”

The main reason why most rats learn how to “outsmart” other products is that they immediately observe the effect that they have on the poisoned rats.

Racumin’s formulation instead has a delayed killing action; it takes effect after a couple of days so that rats would not know that it was actually the product that killed them. It contains Coumatetralyl, a potent active ingredient that causes these rodents’ demise.

Once rats ingest Racumin, they slowly die of dehydration but appear to do so due to natural causes. The dehydration that Racumin causes also helps minimize the foul odor that they would emit once they die.

And what’s best about Racumin is that it comes in three forms — tracking powder, ready-made bait, and paste — which are all easy to use. Racumin Tracking Powder can be used as a means of tracking where rats dwell and as an added mixture with other baits.

Racumin Ready-Made Bait, meanwhile, lures them with a highly enticing rice fragrance that cereal-loving rats love. Racumin Paste, on the other hand, is a ready-to-use mixture suitable in dry or damp conditions. It is available in convenient sachets and may be easily placed in areas where rats commonly inhabit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:58 - 19 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegubner wrote:
You make me weep, you're that busy being a pompous prick you can't tell when you're being wound up.

https://i49.tinypic.com/120kl7t.gif

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:19 - 20 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put some bait out yesterday since this thread reminded me some of these little bastards have squatted in my roof again rent free. Last night instead of scurrying feet I heard sounds of them falling over. Guess they out dead in the bushes as now as there is silence. Death to ratkind!! Chemical warfare rules!

Little dirty parasitic bastards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 20 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad You cruel ratbag! (pardon the pun) Crying or Very sad

Do you not know that rat poison is made from warfarin which makes them bleed internally (and which is used on humans to help dissipate deep vein thrombosis) --- those poor little rattie-poos, their eyeballs bleed and they stagger about up there in your roofspace like a pack of hammy rat-zombies, going "Heelp! barryl84, call the ratpolice, heeeeeelp us!! That terrible racist sexist rattist Boer has evilly poisoned us and we are slowly bleeding to death in much pain!" and leaving little ratty trails of blood dripping from their eyes and nose and mouth, everywhere all over the floor as they stagger torturously toward certain death. And all the while you sit downstairs enjoying your braai and beer and pontificating about the superiority of whitey. Bad Kradmelder!

They're probably up there practising their Hamlet and trying to run themselves through with swords as we speak.

Mad

Wink Middle Finger

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 20 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we stick barry on a glue trap and give him a colonic irrigation with liquid rat poison?

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 20 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Crying or Very sad You cruel ratbag! (pardon the pun) Crying or Very sad

Do you not know that rat poison is made from warfarin which makes them bleed internally (and which is used on humans to help dissipate deep vein thrombosis) --- those poor little rattie-poos, their eyeballs bleed and they stagger about up there in your roofspace like a pack of hammy rat-zombies, going "Heelp! barryl84, call the ratpolice, heeeeeelp us!! That terrible racist sexist rattist Boer has evilly poisoned us and we are slowly bleeding to death in much pain!" and leaving little ratty trails of blood dripping from their eyes and nose and mouth, everywhere all over the floor as they stagger torturously toward certain death. And all the while you sit downstairs enjoying your braai and beer and pontificating about the superiority of whitey. Bad Kradmelder!

They're probably up there practising their Hamlet and trying to run themselves through with swords as we speak.

Mad

Wink Middle Finger

get them a fellow rat jew lawyer. They can claim I holocausted 6 million rats in a gas chamber in my roof and try and claim 80 billion in compensation. I will deny it all and tell them but where are the carcasses? Laughing

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 20 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slience in the roof after darkness. Total victory! The enemy has been routed with 100 percent casualties!

The fuhrer was right! All that is needed is fanatical faith and resistance for Final victory! If the rats want war it will lead to the utter extermination of rattery in my roof! Racumin the Final solution to the rat question!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 20 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascist Laughing

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 20 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My attic sounds quieter now aswell, last mouse I discovered still had the raisin in it's mouth from the bait pin and a little nipper through its skull. Was quite a sad sight, but I'd rather that than chewed cables.

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 20 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
My attic sounds quieter now aswell, last mouse I discovered still had the raisin in it's mouth from the bait pin and a little nipper through its skull. Was quite a sad sight, but I'd rather that than chewed cables.

That is why these bastards get expelled from every place they infest. Their parasitic userous ways are just not acceptable. they just live off the hard work of working people. One day they will discover that to behave this way survival means you must appoint a Court Rat, to advise the powers that be why rats are indispensable Mr. Green

But sooner or later these vermin will try and claim a homeland somewhere, claiming they are persecuted due to their race, and use exterminations as a justification.

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 06:52 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicating each one of my posts with every moronic one of yours, hellkat. Well done.

The bottom line is the advice you gave out regarding glue traps is technically illegal and no amount of stupid jokes or shit-stirring is going to change that.

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:06 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegubner wrote:
can we stick barry on a glue trap and give him a colonic irrigation with liquid rat poison?

I'd prefer we do it to you just you can see what it feels like. Then perhaps you'll get a better understanding where I'm coming from.

Until then, shit posts are shit.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:56 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe he's getting touchy. Rearrange these words to find a commonly used phrase.....

prick pompous.

If you get it right you win a night on a glue trap with krad and hellkat.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:00 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryl84 wrote:

As are shit posters that join forums just to troll.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:20 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryl84, if you think your nitpicking is actually bothering me any more, you have a sorrowfully overinflated opinion of your effect upon me.

The very fact of me even responding directly to your post has raised my interest level in you to exactly zero.

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
barryl84 wrote:

As are shit posters that join forums just to troll.

Sort of like rats or mice in your roof making an irritating noise and chewing on stuff.

You have to bait them and get rid of them.

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:46 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
barryl84, if you think your nitpicking is actually bothering me any more, you have a sorrowfully overinflated opinion of your effect upon me.

The very fact of me even responding directly to your post has raised my interest level in you to exactly zero.

Got nothing to do with having an "effect" upon you, it's just that the more you post on this thread, the more it reaffirms my criticisms against you. You've never even justified your actions/advice pertaining to glue traps, so it's obvious you have none.

Did you really expect people not to point it out? It's cruel and also cowardly to "pretend" it isn't there. Not to mention incredibly unsanitary and impractical.

I don't see how highlighting those facts is trolling. They are worth mentioning. Were the same thing done to a fox, the same people who are bagging me for giving a fuck might have even criticised you too. I'm certainly not the only one who thinks what you did was extremely heartless, cowardly and unnecessarily cruel. If I'm being crass when saying that, then so be it. You shouldn't get a free ride just because you've been on longer here. Were I a veteran I'd say exactly the same thing, perhaps then people would take me more seriously instead of dismissing it as a "troll" or being "pompous".

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryl84 wrote:
You've never even justified ...

There is one person in this whole world who I see fit to justify myself to from time to time, my dear, and I expect its reasonable for me to assume that you are definitely NOT that person.

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryl84 wrote:
You've never even justified your actions/advice pertaining to glue traps, so it's obvious you have none.

Right, so what's the point in going on and on about it? You're just repeating yourself now.

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 21 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope he doesn't find the "shooting bunnies with air rifles" thread ...

barryl84
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 22 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
barryl84 wrote:
You've never even justified ...

There is one person in this whole world who I see fit to justify myself to from time to time, my dear, and I expect its reasonable for me to assume that you are definitely NOT that person.

Perhaps one day you'll have to justify it to the RSPCA when someone rats you out. I don't tolerate animal abusers, hence my criticisms against you.

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 22 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordShaftesbury wrote:
I just hope he doesn't find the "shooting bunnies with air rifles" thread ...

any good rabbit recipes on there? like a good hasenpfeffer?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5