BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Do you buy used motorcycle clothing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

RyanTZR125
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:18 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got given all my bike clothing, from my elder sister, shes not getting back on a bike due to MS and I'm a skinny bloke, so size 12 leather/textile trousers fit me perfect, small jacket, all fit nice and snug and were free Thumbs Up

I bought my bash hat new, as I did the balaclava and gloves, I will also buy boots at some point, as unfortunately i don't have size 5 feet Rolling Eyes

All my sisters stuff has been used rarely as she was always a pillion, during summer on her old mans bike.

With the prices new, i would have been riding without, as the cost is way out of my reach. So thanks to my big sis I can ride protected Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iMark
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

H100A1980 wrote:
So thanks to my big sis I can ride protected Thumbs Up

That was gold...
https://th3sh33ps.com/stevensp/archives/14-04-05%20(5).jpg
So was that... Twisted Evil

BCF has made me this way.

RyanTZR125
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:28 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMark wrote:
H100A1980 wrote:
So thanks to my big sis I can ride protected Thumbs Up

That was gold...
https://th3sh33ps.com/stevensp/archives/14-04-05%20(5).jpg
So was that... Twisted Evil

BCF has made me this way.

Hahaha Laughing that's pretty mild I was expecting worse, for wearing womens clothing Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

H100A1980 wrote:

Hahaha Laughing that's pretty mild I was expecting worse, for wearing womens clothing Twisted Evil

Probably nobody would notice any difference between mens and womens on a skinny guy unless they are pink of course Wink

RyanTZR125
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:50 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggot wrote:
H100A1980 wrote:

Probably nobody would notice any difference between mens and womens on a skinny guy unless they are pink of course Wink

Didn't I mention the were pink leathers Laughing
Black leather/textile trousers, button does up on the mans side, only difference is they say size 12 rather than size 30 Thumbs Up The Jacket is unisex I would guess It's small, 40 chest.

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hein Gericke Tuareg waterproof boots, £225 new, found a pair 'worn only twice' on ebay bought for £100. For that sort of thing it can be great.

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 19:36 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my £1200 Aplinestars suit used for £300 in great condition.

Washed the lining, cleaned and oiled the leather and its good as new.

That was 7 or 8 years ago and i still use it, though i must admit its getting VERY tight now.

I was 18 when i got it.

Kierran
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:56 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my first helmet second hand but when it comes to clothing im broad across the shoulders and chest with extra long arms. I cant buy anything with with length sleeves without trying them on first. My feet also float some where between 12 and 13 depending on brand so rule me out for footwear as well.
The only things i can buy without checking is usually trousers 36/36 or a snood.

iMark
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggot wrote:
H100A1980 wrote:

True...

My jacket, was my aunties.. Razz but it's not pink.. LOL

mailee
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:20 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also an E-bay shopper. J&S leather jacket £35, leather trousers £16, Hein Gerick Toureg textile jacket, £35, Frank Thomas textile trousers £30, And a Tech7 one piece textile over suit £16. Was given my winter gloves, Bought new boots for £50 and a new helmet £150. That is what I call cheap biking. Very Happy

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't buy 2nd hand clothing but only because I have the money.
If I didn't then I would.

Spamalittle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:40 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mix of new and second hand. I pretty much impulse buy anything I like the look of.

TBH, most of my gear is new but my favourites, two piece leathers, are second hand Hein Gericke jobs from ebay - they were an awesome deal Thumbs Up

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 15 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggot wrote:

I would never buy an used helmet since I butchered one of mine to see whether there was more damage after accident. Outside it looked only scratched.. but inside there was much more damage found. Depends how you trust your friend I suppose.

Well it was more of an acquaintance really, Id known him for about 2 days before purchasing a helmet, jacket and pair of gloves all used for £20. It was when I had just started out and didn't want to wear cbt stuff.

Also I'd hate to rip open mine most probably find it all collapse as I took it apart Mr. Green

BravoCharlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:56 - 11 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my HG leathers from my gfs uncle, who took up biking 10 years ago and gave it up after 1. They were pretty much mint, until I had a spill in em.

A manufacturer fault* means I'm too big now for the bottoms, but I love the jacket.

*manufacturer of pies.

Edit: just saw the original dates... My bad

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:03 - 11 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, old thread but it's been bumped.

I'll buy second hand clothing if it's in 'as new' condition. I got both my two piece and one piece leathers for a fraction of the cost of new, and they both were unmarked as new.

My Berik one piece was £800 new - I paid £300. Quite glad really, because so far, I've worn it three times and crashed on two of them. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 11 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah hell yeah I do! All of my alpinestars race suits, bar my last one, were 2nd hand. You save a good 50-60% over retail price and somebody has already broken it in for you!

My SMX-plus boots were used at £80, when RRP is £190. And my A* SP2 gloves were £20 and lasted me 3 years before they wore through!

Ebay, just like a bling TK Maxx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 5 years, 266 days between these two posts...
centerstand This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
centerstand This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 49 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2