Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bitcoins

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:33 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When should they sell out?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:37 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Well to make a profit they need to wait until the price is higher than what they bought in at. Wink

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Ste wrote:
Well to make a profit they need to wait until the price is higher than what they bought in at. Wink

But I thought bitcoin was about changing the world and was going to be the silver bullet to the centralised banking cartel lizard people.

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ZNuhcXv-Ocb4iiNo9B97xgHaEK&pid=Api

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:06 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ought to add now that it's mainly the long term ideological stance that I'm 'attacking'.

For now there's plenty of money to be made still.

A guy I know started a company involving ICOs and other crypto jargon.* Three months later and he tells me they're close to finalising a $1,000,000 deal Shocked .

Fair play to the money winners. However it's still no more impressive than selling time-share apartments that never pass the planning stage of construction.

*He also showed some interest in employing me to take a piece of the pie while it's there do some app development for him, so I may go a little quiet with the cynicism soon Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:22 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
But I thought bitcoin was about changing the world and was going to be the silver bullet to the centralised banking cartel lizard people.

You're thinking of blockchain technology rather than bitcoin. And even then. The idea that it'll change the world is sensationalism at best and naive at worse.

What company is it that your mate is involved with who have nearly finalised a $1million deal?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

You're thinking of blockchain technology rather than bitcoin. And even then. The idea that it'll change the world is sensationalism at best and naive at worse.

What company is it that your mate is involved with who have nearly finalised a $1million deal?

I don't even know the name, and I daren't put it on here anyway. BCF is too good at general online trolling and sabotage.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:23 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Ste wrote:

But when should they sell out?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:08 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's for the muggles to decide. Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:41 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will they decide?

You know, I'm beginning to wonder if you really can predict the future. Thinking

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 28 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Wozniak, the co-founder of Apple, revealed on Tuesday that he had lost seven bitcoins to a scammer.

“Somebody bought them from me online through a credit card, and they cancelled the credit card payment,” he told a conference in India. “It was that easy. And it was from a stolen credit card number, so you can never get it back.” At the time the scam was carried out, the bitcoins were worth just under $5,000; now, their value tops $70,000.

Trololol.

No different to the scam that is Apple, tbh.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:22 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carney: embrace, extend, and extinguish crypto.

The comments are... idiomatic.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about investments in the penny share market?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 03 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 2nd Feb, 2018, Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Anyone buy Monero today at £130ish?

Whistle

I really should thank The Artist for his pointer. Thumbs Up Granted I've not stumped up as much as I would have liked, it fell at a bad time for me, but I'm happy with the outcome.

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:58 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Educate me.

What happened at ten past four this afternoon, that caused a collapse, a bull trap and a dead cat bounce?

https://www.coindesk.com/price/

asta1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:49 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triton Thrasher wrote:
Educate me.

What happened at ten past four this afternoon, that caused a collapse, a bull trap and a dead cat bounce?

https://www.coindesk.com/price/

The collapse was possibly due to this:
https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/enforcement-tm-statement-potentially-unlawful-online-platforms-trading.

The bounce, harder to say.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:26 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/03/07/bitcoin-just-tanked-below-10000-after-sec-says-crypto-exchanges-must-register-with-agency.html

There is a working link for you.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:31 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would regulation cause people to flee from this legitimate currency that can be used for everyday, lawful transactions? Eh?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:38 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In America land the IRS are taking an interest in some coinbase customers.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-informs-13k-affected-customers-of-imminent-data-handover-to-irs

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

*He also showed some interest in employing me to take a piece of the pie while it's there do some app development for him, so I may go a little quiet with the cynicism soon Laughing

So, about this guy who wants me to do some blockchainy app development stuff.

He asked me to get to grips with a thing called Solidity, which is a programming language for facilitating ethereum transactions.

So I've had a look at it.
1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidity
2. https://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/solidity/
3. https://solidity.readthedocs.io/en/v0.4.20/

It screams of amateurs attempting to reinvent the wheel that nobody asked for, and the fact that the documentation is littered with warnings about its security if not implemented properly, it's just stunning. This is supposed to be some kind of huge thing for the new world of decentralised finance, and idiots are putting faith into it for no reason other than 'fuck the system man', without the slightest understanding of how everything works under the cover. I could write a Solidity based cryptocurrency app and leave it full of security holes, through accident or intent, and ... that's it? This is the supposed future of currency?

Did I mention that my brother lost all the money in his cryptocurrency wallet a couple of months ago? He had about £40 in there and decided to just leave it after the prices all crashed in January. He then noticed it was gone, so contacted the e-wallet people who were supposedly holding it. They said it was impossible for the money to be gone. Then suddenly the money reappeared, so he stopped caring. Then it disappeared again. And again, these people said it was impossible for the money to have gone anywhere, because it's crypto, maaaaan! And then they stopped responding.

The future of currency Laughing

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I could write a Solidity based cryptocurrency app and leave it full of security holes, through accident or intent, and ... that's it? This is the supposed future of currency?

Well, you could but you would need to release the code opensource on github. That would show the flaws and thus make it dead before it started.

People don't just start up flawed tokens and everyone jumps onboard. It doesn't work like that friendo.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Did I mention that my brother lost all the money in his cryptocurrency wallet a couple of months ago? He had about £40 in there and decided to just leave it after the prices all crashed in January. He then noticed it was gone, so contacted the e-wallet people who were supposedly holding it. They said it was impossible for the money to be gone. Then suddenly the money reappeared, so he stopped caring. Then it disappeared again. And again, these people said it was impossible for the money to have gone anywhere, because it's crypto, maaaaan! And then they stopped responding.

The poor man!

I heard a guy left the keys to his car in his coat pocket, which was put over the back of a chair when out in the pub.
Someone stole his keys and took his car!

The future of transport Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

The poor man!

I heard a guy left the keys to his car in his coat pocket, which was put over the back of a chair when out in the pub.
Someone stole his keys and took his car!

The future of transport Laughing

???

How are misplaced keys analogous to insecure app design where users lose their resources through no fault of their own???

And...

Pjay wrote:

Well, you could but you would need to release the code opensource on github. That would show the flaws and thus make it dead before it started. .

... Laughing what? No, there's no rule that says, "You have to release your source code on github before your app goes live on the play store."

I'm not talking about writing a whole new cryptocurrency. I'm talking about using the Solidity language to perform ethereum transactions, wherever you may want to implement it. So it could be a website, an app, or whatever other software.

It would and could be done with Solidity, a language for which the creators admit it needs to be used with care, to make end-user products for crypto currency transactions. At no point does source code need to be shared, checked or verified in such a process.

Last edited by Lord Percy on 17:06 - 08 Mar 2018; edited 1 time in total

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
... Laughing what? No, there's no rule that says, "You have to release your source code on github before your app goes live on the play store."

There is the fact that all of the ones that are adopted have released their code.

People that back crypto are not generally morons.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:13 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It wasn't his wallet, he was using an online wallet which is never a sensible thing to do as he found out.

If it was his wallet then it would have been on his computer or external storage device.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 22 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 42 of 58