Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bitcoins

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

The definition you gave for fungible, well the second definition you gave is closer to a definition of liquidity than it is fungible. You have TWICE defined the word wrong.

Well that definition is literally from a dictionary Laughing

chris-red wrote:

All the BS crypto justification is a smoke screen for your lack of understanding and unwillingness to admit it. I'm bowing out now there is a finite number or ways I can say the same thing.

and the feeling is mutual.

chris-red wrote:

I suggest anyone using this thread to gain financial understanding or possible investment advice should do your own research and not rely on anything written here.

Well yeah, a motorbike forum isn't exactly the best place to get financial advice. Thanks for confirming that for everyone. Laughing

This is just a thread to discuss crypto but each time it starts to get some attention, it gets taken over by people claiming it is a pyramid scheme/fraud/ponzi scheme or whatever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

Things like Monero are truly fungible as if you receive one XMR, then there is no way of knowing the history of it and it is worth the same as all other XMR.

Maybe not according to this article xmr can be traced https://decrypt.co/40284/us-homeland-security-can-now-track-privacy-crypto-monero?&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=feed&utm_source=coinbase

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
The Artist wrote:

Things like Monero are truly fungible as if you receive one XMR, then there is no way of knowing the history of it and it is worth the same as all other XMR.

Maybe not according to this article xmr can be traced https://decrypt.co/40284/us-homeland-security-can-now-track-privacy-crypto-monero?&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=feed&utm_source=coinbase

This is old news. Ciphertrace have admitted they can't actually trace Monero transactions. Their analysis still relies on off-chain data at the moment. They are trying a few methods. Just google "ciphertrace monero" and read any article that isn't just a company announcement.

If/when Monero gets properly broken, it has almost no benefit over BTC and will crash to 0.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
andrewm82 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:26 - 20 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/m8qj24/cnn_says_bitcoin_is_fungible_hahahahahaha/

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

A poster made the interesting point that cash is only fungible up to a point in that if you try to move large amounts of it then you run into problems.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger would be turning in his flouncecasket.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:46 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Roger would be

https://gab.com/Rogerborg

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 22 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

I miss him. He was responsible for 80% of my Karma.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Pjay wrote:
Roger would be

Three posts in and its clear he's still the most irritated man on the planet.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought 100 quid of bitcoin. Made a tenner. Got rid.

I also jumped on the hype of 'hogecoin', was up by 100% for a while but didn't notice it drop later and eventually bailed out with only about a fiver of profit.

Also, most cryptocurrency things now request a 'gas fee' which is so piss-takingly large that the nonsense ponzi "this is the future" bullshit that was pushed for so long about crypto is now clearly the absolute bollocks I always said it was.

People join it to make money and nothing else.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

I also jumped on the hype of 'hogecoin', was up by 100% for a while but didn't notice it drop later and eventually bailed out with only about a fiver of profit.

Also, most cryptocurrency things now request a 'gas fee' which is so piss-takingly large that the nonsense ponzi "this is the future" bullshit that was pushed for so long about crypto is now clearly the absolute bollocks I always said it was.

A complete misunderstanding of what crypto is.
In the meantime people buy and sell things with crypto every day in their millions. Transaction fees are not an issue if you know the slightest about the tech.

Anyhow, well done on making £15, you must be chuffed.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running a fantasy trading book for the last twelve days starting with £100 and have managed a 25% return. It's very tempting to start some real spot trading but I'm a cowerdy custard and don't exactly understand the spot trading screen on the binance site I'm using. Still 25% is not to be sniffed at.

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 22:22 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

You lost my vote as soon as you said "most cryptocurrency things".

This, everyone, is why you don't invest in crypto when you're completely clueless about what you're investing in.

You obviously have no clue how crypto works if you don't understand why gas fees are necessary and how they scale. Did you even read any crypto whitepaper before you bought in or did you just chuck money at it and go "hope I get rich tomorrow"?

Do you even know how the current ETH fee model works and the scaling solutions they're rolling out? Ever heard of EIP1559 or ETH2 upgrades?

Crypto is in its dial-up phase and it's extremely early. The technology is still being developed and it's gone way over your head or you're ignorant to the tech.

A lot of fools laughed at the idea that we would all rely upon the internet back when the internet was in it's infancy and now look, the world would stop functioning if the internet suddenly disappeared. Don't be that guy.

I'm not here to convince you because what you do with your own money is up to you, but I am here to tell you that your idea that crypto is "absolute bullshit" is completely wrong. Enjoy your £15 profit and walk away. The rest of us will adopt early and get rich.

I'm £400k in profit, I have friends who have become millionaires with crypto.

Please do your research again and come back and tell me that none of us know what we're doing, that you know better, and that it's bullshit.

Here's your starter kit:
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
https://ethereum.org/en/whitepaper/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8cHUB-KoU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGemhK9t44Q
https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-1559
https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-3298
https://ethereum.org/en/eth2/

Edit: Also if this is all a bullshit magic internet shitcoin ponzi, can you explain why we're seeing solid retail adoption by big companies like Tesla, Mastercard, PayPal, and the likes of Square who have all taken up risk in Bitcoin? Why are there also multimillion dollar VAT registered companies and legitimate businesses running on Ethereum smart contracts? You need to give me something substantial before you can convince me that this is all unicorns.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's a good spot trading setup?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, BRD coin went up by 500% since January 2021. Thinking

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 25 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

There's always something shooting up but what goes up must come down. BTC is cheap today though.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 25 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

There's always something shooting up but what goes up must come down. BTC is cheap today though.

The odd and sad thing is though, I sort of assumed this was gonna happen (the ''BTC market'' getting too mainstream, people seeking altcoins of all sorts), and I was about to enter the crypto world in december 2020, but I thought I'd study how all this works before gambling with my money. Smile

EDIT: I was gonna put in like 10,000 CZK (327.38 GBP), so I wouldn't get filthy rich anyway, but still, getting 5 times that back in just 3-4 months, cool. I even told about this my mate who loves cryptocurrencies and he told me at that time that BRD was a shit coin not worth the effort. Razz

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

The odd and sad thing is though, I sort of assumed this was gonna happen (the ''BTC market'' getting too mainstream, people seeking altcoins of all sorts), and I was about to enter the crypto world in december 2020, but I thought I'd study how all this works before gambling with my money. Smile

EDIT: I was gonna put in like 10,000 CZK (327.38 GBP), so I wouldn't get filthy rich anyway, but still, getting 5 times that back in just 3-4 months, cool. I even told about this my mate who loves cryptocurrencies and he told me at that time that BRD was a shit coin not worth the effort. Razz

You could still make money getting in at the moment as the btc price has dropped this week but the general trend is still upwards. The thing is there's a lot if manipulative dealing goes on because compared with stokes the Crypto market is a small pond so it doesn't take much to create big waves. Take microstrategy for instance who bought huge amounts of BTC with $650M of borrowed money. It pushed the price up and then the shares of microstrategy shoot up as well. Microstrategys management have now cashed in by selling $millions of their own companies shares. Nice work if you can get it.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

You lost my vote as soon as you said "most cryptocurrency things".

This, everyone, is why you don't invest in crypto when you're completely clueless about what you're investing in.

You obviously have no clue how crypto works if you don't understand why gas fees are necessary and how they scale. Did you even read any crypto whitepaper before you bought in or did you just chuck money at it and go "hope I get rich tomorrow"?

Do you even know how the current ETH fee model works and the scaling solutions they're rolling out? Ever heard of EIP1559 or ETH2 upgrades?

Crypto is in its dial-up phase and it's extremely early. The technology is still being developed and it's gone way over your head or you're ignorant to the tech.

A lot of fools laughed at the idea that we would all rely upon the internet back when the internet was in it's infancy and now look, the world would stop functioning if the internet suddenly disappeared. Don't be that guy.

I'm not here to convince you because what you do with your own money is up to you, but I am here to tell you that your idea that crypto is "absolute bullshit" is completely wrong. Enjoy your £15 profit and walk away. The rest of us will adopt early and get rich.

I'm £400k in profit, I have friends who have become millionaires with crypto.

Please do your research again and come back and tell me that none of us know what we're doing, that you know better, and that it's bullshit.

Here's your starter kit:
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
https://ethereum.org/en/whitepaper/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8cHUB-KoU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGemhK9t44Q
https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-1559
https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-3298
https://ethereum.org/en/eth2/

Edit: Also if this is all a bullshit magic internet shitcoin ponzi, can you explain why we're seeing solid retail adoption by big companies like Tesla, Mastercard, PayPal, and the likes of Square who have all taken up risk in Bitcoin? Why are there also multimillion dollar VAT registered companies and legitimate businesses running on Ethereum smart contracts? You need to give me something substantial before you can convince me that this is all unicorns.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Crypto is the future it's not about profit, by the way I made loads of profit"

Rolling Eyes

It's total bollocks. There are now hundreds of crypto coins. Can you tell me what they all do or why they were invented in the first place? All of them? Every single one? No you can't, because almost all of them are ponzi scheme nonsense propped up my money-makers and fanboys who think they gain tech brownie points because they're part of the club. Society does not want or need a new form of money.

If or when blockchain-backed digital currency is adopted by governments or world banks, I'll happily get on board and strongly support it as the future of financial transaction, but it won't be via ANY of the current crypto offerings, it'll be regulated and nation-specific, just like the currency we all use every day to pay our taxes, the currency that governments specifically utilise and regulate in order to protect the economy of the nation they represent.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:13 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

It's total bollocks. There are now hundreds of crypto coins. Can you tell me what they all do or why they were invented in the first place? All of them? Every single one? No you can't

I get the point you are trying to make overall but how does being able to know what each one does have anything to do with your point?

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 18:32 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
talking shit

stay poor faggot

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because by speculative trading you can make a profit doesn't necessarily prove the worth of what's being traded. Look at stocks, plenty of good companies with excellent products and doing good business can do badly by share price just because of the emotional aspect of the market conversly hollow companies with sod all real value get their price pumped. Crypto is no different, some of the tech will last and have real value and some will float on hot air until they pop.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

It's total bollocks. There are now hundreds of crypto coins. Can you tell me what they all do or why they were invented in the first place? All of them? Every single one? No you can't

I get the point you are trying to make overall but how does being able to know what each one does have anything to do with your point?

When folk like meef claim they've grokked crypto, or talk like they're some kind of authority on the subject just because they got in at the right time and made a profit (which no doubt has been withdrawn in large chunks back into real-world money), it just screams of cult and bias.

My point is that meef tried to sound like the king of knowhow about crypto by talking about white papers and super secret crypto jargon EIP1559 which is nothing more than dick-swinging with pointless buzzwords that the cult members are privy to. It doesn't change the basic fact that there are hundreds of possible choices of crypto currencies, and none of them show any sign of usefulness, so it's clearly a massive money-making con for the most part.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy has a STEM Degree.

He knows more than us. Fact.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 52 of 58