Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bitcoins

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 22:41 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trading almost every day and securing 5 figures weekly/monthly. I didn't get in early and make a profit and luck-out.

You cast aspersions and jump to conclusions based on nothing but your own scepticism which is why my default reaction is apathy and fun-poking. I literally give no fucks what you think I've done but you are completely wrong.

It's easy to scream "cult and bias" when you've done (very obviously) zero research and are just here with your tin-foil hat.

I don't need to know what the top 100 cryptos do. I research any crypto that looks good fundamentally and cryptos that offer a real use-case. I'm not about to give you a rundown on all the fucking whitepapers of your top 100 picked cryptos in order to prove that I know what I'm talking about. I get enough ignorant people coming to me and asking me "is this shitcoin good?" having done no work themselves. The information is free and it's out there if you're not closed minded and arrogant in your belief when it comes to new money systems.

Of course the space is rife with shitcoins that do nothing and are utter vaporware. They don't do very well and disappear into non-existence after weeks to months. Scams to be avoided, just like the hundreds of fucking fiat money scams.

I can't be fucked to spoon feed you your homework, especially when you're being deliberately obtuse. There are many use cases for any given crypto. None of it makes sense to anyone who is closed minded and screams "super secret crypto jargon EIP1559". EIP1559 is one of many well-known aspects of Ethereum's roadmap. Any idiot who has even watched a five minute ETH video or quickly googled it will understand it.

Also I've heard this a hundred times over by no-coiners. Crypto isn't a ponzi. Your idea of a "massive money making con" can be applied to any market, not just the crypto market. For any stock, commodity, forex pair, or whatever the fuck you're trading, for it to move up in value it has to be bought and money has to flow into it. Some will profit, some will make a loss.

Also FYI if crypto isn't a currency, why have I been able to blow five figures at a time buying things without ever having to change it into pounds or dollars?

Also on Pjay's STEM degree comment, I have a computer science degree myself. I'm pretty sure I have a good base of knowledge for understanding the fundamentals behind crypto.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:47 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I none of them show any sign of usefulness, so it's clearly a massive money-making con for the most part.

Well that is just wrong. Not even a difference of opinion, it is just wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Lord Percy has a STEM Degree.

He knows more than us. Fact.

Still salty are we Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to release a coin called Handbag. It can be used on forums when users have a tiff.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call it what you will but crypto is monopoly money until it becomes usable for paying taxes or performing central economic management tasks at the government level.

Sure, it serves a purpose to those who use it, but I cannot see the conceptual difference between this and any standard item being used as a tool of trade.

As you said meef, it's no different from stocks, shares, commodities etc which fluctuate in value. But none of those things have ever been granted the status of 'currency'. Also probably worth considering that there are not bitcoin-specific prices for things, i.e. in the non-crypto world people will say things like "oh you should buy that item in Farawayistan because your GBP will go further there", but, give or take a few chancers here and there, bitcoin is only ever translated back into current real-world value (usually USD value) when applying it to the cost of goods being bought. In that respect it's more like gold, not cash.

Anyway, like I said, I'll dive into crypto currency when it's state backed and regulated and I can pay my taxes with it. But I don't think that's what its supporters want, and that's why I think it's a dead-end in its current form (and no, making a personal profit is not a sign that it is working or is something society wants or needs).

Also, gas fees are an obscene overhead no matter how one attempts to explain them.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:

Also on Pjay's STEM degree comment, I have a computer science degree myself

You shouldn't have said that. Gonna trigger Pjay again and I don't think he's over the first time it happened (about three fucking years ago Laughing)

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

You shouldn't have said that. Gonna trigger Pjay again and I don't think he's over the first time it happened (about three fucking years ago Laughing)

It's just a moronic thing to say.
As if only the people that could get a degree have them and that they mean you are instantly an authority on a subject when you spout your usual bollocks.

This thread is a case in point.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 27 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Call it what you will but crypto is monopoly money until it becomes usable for paying taxes or performing central economic management tasks at the government level.

Sure, it serves a purpose to those who use it, but I cannot see the conceptual difference between this and any standard item being used as a tool of trade.

As you said meef, it's no different from stocks, shares, commodities etc which fluctuate in value. But none of those things have ever been granted the status of 'currency'. Also probably worth considering that there are not bitcoin-specific prices for things, i.e. in the non-crypto world people will say things like "oh you should buy that item in Farawayistan because your GBP will go further there", but, give or take a few chancers here and there, bitcoin is only ever translated back into current real-world value (usually USD value) when applying it to the cost of goods being bought. In that respect it's more like gold, not cash.

Anyway, like I said, I'll dive into crypto currency when it's state backed and regulated and I can pay my taxes with it. But I don't think that's what its supporters want, and that's why I think it's a dead-end in its current form (and no, making a personal profit is not a sign that it is working or is something society wants or needs).

Also, gas fees are an obscene overhead no matter how one attempts to explain them.

You make a lot of assumptions about what crypto is supposed to be and what crypto users want and at the same time, you have no idea.

Very few people are gonna say that crypto is going to replace fiat currency which is what you seem to think crypto users think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 11:41 - 29 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess stacking 6 figures in USDC means nothing then.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-crypto-currency-visa-exclusive-idUSKBN2BL0X9

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:26 - 29 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
I guess stacking 6 figures in USDC means nothing then.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-crypto-currency-visa-exclusive-idUSKBN2BL0X9

Oh he wont like that at all.
A mainstream financial powerhouse accepting crypto.

The horror.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 29 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a new laptop last week as it had a RTX3060 in it all for £1k.
It is truly great, very snappy and games look superb.

There is a problem though. It mines crypto (eth) at around 38MH/s, which is surprising as I assumed the 3060 would have the limiter on it, throttling the mining. It turns out the 3060 mobile GPU's are not limited at all.
Anyhow this means it will pay itself off in about a year if I just leave it turned on and leave it mining 24/7

No worries, I will leave that doing some mining and buy another for gaming and as I was so impressed with the 3060, I thought I would buy the upgraded RTX3070 model at just £300 more.

Well it came on friday and it too has been mining ever since.

Fuck gaming, I have a passive income of £2.5k a year now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-7-4800H-GeForce-Graphics-Windows/dp/B08BWWG5F4/ The 3070 is now out of stock.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:24 - 30 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
I bought a new laptop last week as it had a RTX3060 in it all for £1k.
It is truly great, very snappy and games look superb.

There is a problem though. It mines crypto (eth) at around 38MH/s, which is surprising as I assumed the 3060 would have the limiter on it, throttling the mining. It turns out the 3060 mobile GPU's are not limited at all.
Anyhow this means it will pay itself off in about a year if I just leave it turned on and leave it mining 24/7

No worries, I will leave that doing some mining and buy another for gaming and as I was so impressed with the 3060, I thought I would buy the upgraded RTX3070 model at just £300 more.

Well it came on friday and it too has been mining ever since.

Fuck gaming, I have a passive income of £2.5k a year now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-7-4800H-GeForce-Graphics-Windows/dp/B08BWWG5F4/ The 3070 is now out of stock.

They cost the best part of £1k. If you spot traded £1k for 1% per day five days a week for a year that would be £13290!

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 30 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
They cost the best part of £1k. If you spot traded £1k for 1% per day five days a week for a year that would be £13290!

I have money in crypto and have made a fair return. I don't bother with day trading that much nowadays, although I made a nice amount on DENT in the past day and a half, it's not as simple as just saying 'make gains daily'.

I was just merely pointing out I cant even buy myself a toy.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 30 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

I have money in crypto and have made a fair return. I don't bother with day trading that much nowadays, although I made a nice amount on DENT in the past day and a half, it's not as simple as just saying 'make gains daily'.

I was just merely pointing out I cant even buy myself a toy.

I'm sure there are practical considerations with day trading. I'm working up to having a go myself but I have enough trouble understanding how to make buys and sells at the moment so I'm doing more research.

Have you thought of getting some Lego?

Last edited by Ribenapigeon on 18:19 - 30 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 30 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

So, let's say you had an employer and they offered you a bonus but the choice was between BTC, cash or company stock? I could see a way in for crypto to the normal personal finance area if companies started doing that.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 30 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Have you thought of getting some Lego?

I am much like The Artist when it comes to crypto, I long term buy what I like. It has worked out very well for me mostly. Even my most underperforming stack (BAT) has made me good gains.

Trading is piss easy, just use binance and play around with a high volume coin and try to buy the lows and sell the highs Smile
Use £50 or so, don't go learning with £5k, as it's simple to catch a bad run. Losing 50% means you need 100% gains to recover, losses are easy, gains are harder. Set Binance to trading view and 1 min candles and click the values to buy and sell from the order book, dont type them out.

Eth and Bitcoin are the main places to store your money, or you can bank it like someone that has a degree in something or other and get no interest.

The mining is new to me (well I mined some years ago) these days, as it just seems like a decent way to spend money that was dead in my bank account. I am now looking at either finding some GPU's or I may just buy some more laptops. They are a new model, so even after a couple of years mining, they will have a fairly good resale value.

Not a bad way to double your money for doing nothing.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 30 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.coindesk.com/paypal-to-start-letting-us-customers-to-use-their-crypto-at-checkout-report

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:53 - 31 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Trading is piss easy, just use binance and play around with a high volume coin and try to buy the lows and sell the highs Smile
Use £50 or so, don't go learning with £5k, as it's simple to catch a bad run. Losing 50% means you need 100% gains to recover, losses are easy, gains are harder. Set Binance to trading view and 1 min candles and click the values to buy and sell from the order book, dont type them out.

Eth and Bitcoin are the main places to store your money, or you can bank it like someone that has a degree in something or other and get no interest.

I use Binance to watch the price. I use the trading screen with candles at 1min and the EMA lines set to 8, 13, 21, 55. What I struggle with is how to use the Buy and Sell boxes to make a spot trade at the price I see on the graph. I was going to start with £100 because it gives a good at a glance % performance. I do need to upgrade my laptop first though as I have an ssd that's been waiting to be put in and I want that out of the way before I go setting up a trading system. I agree using trading to stack crypto is a good idea but if I make any significant money then I think I would split between BTC and £.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 31 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
What I struggle with is how to use the Buy and Sell boxes to make a spot trade at the price I see on the graph.

Click buy or sell (top right), depending on which you want, then use the order book to select the price. The current prices are top of the greens for buy orders and bottom of the red for sell orders.

So if you want to buy at the bid rate, just click the top green and move the slider to the amount you want to buy and then make the trade.

If your buy order slips down the orderbook, you will need to pay more.
To guarantee the buy order completes, use one of the higher red order prices. Dont worry, you will only buy from the orderbook at the lowest values first. Same goes for sales, you will always sell to the highest orders.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 31 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
What I struggle with is how to use the Buy and Sell boxes to make a spot trade at the price I see on the graph.

Click buy or sell (top right), depending on which you want, then use the order book to select the price. The current prices are top of the greens for buy orders and bottom of the red for sell orders.

So if you want to buy at the bid rate, just click the top green and move the slider to the amount you want to buy and then make the trade.

If your buy order slips down the orderbook, you will need to pay more.
To guarantee the buy order completes, use one of the higher red order prices. Dont worry, you will only buy from the orderbook at the lowest values first. Same goes for sales, you will always sell to the highest orders.

Say I want to buy £100 worth though? I can't see how I do that. In the amount box it seems to want me to type in an actual amount like 0.002596 for instance. The price is changing so quickly I can't see how this works. I click on the top price in the green list that then gets entered in the price box when Limit is highlighted and I have Spot selected but the slider doesn't move and what does the slider really mean? It looks like it's percentage of a whole coin cost but in 25% increments, but that doesn't make sense.

Also what is Cross 3x and Isolated 10x

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 31 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Say I want to buy £100 worth though? I can't see how I do that. In the amount box it seems to want me to type in an actual amount like 0.002596 for instance. The price is changing so quickly I can't see how this works. I click on the top price in the green list that then gets entered in the price box when Limit is highlighted and I have Spot selected but the slider doesn't move and what does the slider really mean? It looks like it's percentage of a whole coin cost but in 25% increments, but that doesn't make sense.

I trade in USDT so the amounts are in dollars and you can pair everything with USDT so it's ideal to trade and have an idea of the value.

Clicking the top of the greens will only get you a sale when the price is dropping, you need to buy in the red sales if you want instant.

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Those are margin trades, don't be enticed in until you have a thorough understanding. You can lose everything pretty fast.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

I trade in USDT so the amounts are in dollars and you can pair everything with USDT so it's ideal to trade and have an idea of the value.

Clicking the top of the greens will only get you a sale when the price is dropping, you need to buy in the red sales if you want instant.

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Those are margin trades, don't be enticed in until you have a thorough understanding. You can lose everything pretty fast.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Ribenapigeon wrote:

I wouldn't go anywhere near margn trading for sure it looks like a deep rabbit hole of wipout.

So when looking at a price chart, what does it mean when the chart is tagged with 3x? It's showing the price regardless of whether you borrowed money to buy. Or am I missing something?
Thanks for the advice and info by the way. Its a steep learning curve but I've played video games with worse so get there in the end.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
So when looking at a price chart, what does it mean when the chart is tagged with 3x?

Ignore the 3x and 10x and just trade on the Spot charts.
I dont think you can even trade margins without passing a test anyhow.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
So when looking at a price chart, what does it mean when the chart is tagged with 3x?

Ignore the 3x and 10x and just trade on the Spot charts.
I dont think you can even trade margins without passing a test anyhow.

OK I see now, the 3x means three times borrowing limit.

Edit after (dumb questions) ok I see in market tab it calculated amount for spot.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 15 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 53 of 58