Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bitcoins

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 29 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shares assuming the company has real profitable activity are at least representative of an interest in something with concrete value. Something like dogecoin though really is just crap.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
bladerunner wrote:
I started buying and selling shares about 18 months ago. got lucky with tesla, cashed out and kept the profits in stocks. its game money as i have my original cash back in my pocket. Anyhow seeing as its free money I have been interested in all this crypto talk and crazy rises and drops so when dogecoin was at its peak a few weeks back i bought £100 at its then peak knowing it was most likely to crash and burn.

But i had some skin in the game and could play the game. Sure enough it dropped as expected over the next 2 weeks then a few days ago it was at 175% of what I paid and cashed in as you do! I like crypto now......24/7 trading and boy you need to keep an eye on what its doing A LOT!!

What trading platform do you use?

I went with bitpanda as dogecoin was a PITA to purchase. if you wanted to cash out then it cost you £2 plus 2% of the transaction in fees...however they now also do stocks and shares as of last week so thats made it easier. I did buy another £2k in tesla shares today as it was in cash in my freetrade account anyhow and tesla was at a low just after a great earnings this month..already up £100 on the day which is odd as friday is usually a sell day, and fingers crossed the next big factorys for tesla being giga germany and china coming on line fully this next quarter could make tesla shares up again this year? I did sell most of my tesla shares back at $753

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:09 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Shares assuming the company has real profitable activity are at least representative of an interest in something with concrete value. Something like dogecoin though really is just crap.

If you want to compare crypto to an existing asset class, it is more like a commodity than stocks and shares but its function, rather than being a material is the functinality it provides. Global instant (ish) transfer of value.

Dogecoin is proof the market is still completely irrational and that is just one of many. There are a lot of projects that look legit that are in the top 100 but should not be based on their actual usage or even future potential usage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
Congrats Thumbs Up

Are you trading cryptos (day / swing etc) rather than investing, or something else?

I have longer term investments in cryptos that I feel will do well, but most of the stuff I trade are ERC20 tokens with strong fundamentals. A lot of it is buying the rumor & selling the news.

I spend a lot of my time talking to people in Telegram and networking through crypto Twitter in order to find projects that are worthwhile looking into.

jump on Ethereum. It's currently undervalued even at #2 in the crypto market cap rankings.

Fair play! To find something that fires the imagination to immerse yourself into, to change ones life. Fantastic Thumbs Up

I will confess to say I believed "the system" would step in and block the purchasing power of cryptos. They couldn't control their existence, but they could largely control their use.
But so far they haven't. In fact, the big American investment banks have been in on it for a bit now too and growing. And while I've sat still, the market has exploded. NFT's I've just heard of, but they are changing hands for $500k+
I've followed a Wallstreet guy from 2000 and trust his views more than my own. He was a traditional stocks guy (still is) but has been buying Etherium for 18 months all the while I and most sat on the side lines.

Anyone can say something is wrong, or shouldn't be. The market has a way of humbling.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 17 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

All gone quiet in here..... whos dumping the lot Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 17 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
All gone quiet in here..... whos dumping the lot Laughing

People who put money into a highly speculative investment that they can't afford to lose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:14 - 18 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not dumping but im sick of hearing of Elon Musk.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 19 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Tether is finally imploding...possibly.

It was always going to be mental when that happened. Honestly impressed without how big it got. $58b currently. Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 24 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 trillion lost off all crypto in less than 2 weeks.

Ah yes, those super-awesome future-of-finance electro coins we should all be embracing for their greatness and usability.

Yes I know folk here recently have been saying it's more like gold/silver/stocks than currency. Yes I'm still salty about the folk a few years ago who were convinced cryptocurrency would be the future of finance and would eclipse nationalised central banking Laughing

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:11 - 24 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been waiting so long, well it feels like a long time, for you to come and make this post!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:05 - 25 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mining rigs still cost hasnt dropped so that tells you something.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:05 - 26 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
I have been waiting so long, well it feels like a long time, for you to come and make this post!

Very Happy

Some folk are saying the mass crypto dump is due to something much more sinister than general market sentiment. Apparently a lot of hedge funds were using crypto to hide and/or launder their money in some way, and there's talk of the recent crypto rise being manufactured by said hedge funds in order to scalp desperate profits to prop themselves up a bit longer before their impending demise. Several lesser hedge funds have already demised.

Potential worse-than-2008 crash incoming. Or so the tinfoil hat wearers say.

Thinking

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:06 - 26 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

We're all doomed etc etc.......

The whole setup, conventional as well as crypto currency is on the brink according to some. All the money printing, the shady nature of banking in general and the outright corruption of politics. Just pick which house of cards you want to camp out under.

Personally I think Btc will continue to accrue value as long as its being mined. Once the last Btc is produced then attention will turn to assessing what utility it actually has and it will crash as it falls short on utility compared with other crypto. Anyone holding crypto needs to pick a date before the end mining point and dump.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 26 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
The Artist wrote:

Very Happy

Some folk are saying the mass crypto dump is due to something much more sinister than general market sentiment. Apparently a lot of hedge funds were using crypto to hide and/or launder their money in some way, and there's talk of the recent crypto rise being manufactured by said hedge funds in order to scalp desperate profits to prop themselves up a bit longer before their impending demise. Several lesser hedge funds have already demised.

Potential worse-than-2008 crash incoming. Or so the tinfoil hat wearers say.

Thinking

Some folks say a lot of things but the reality is, no one knows for sure unless you are directly involved with whatever is going on.

I suspect the "crash" is just a natural reaction to long sustained growth in prices and people cashing out large sums when they see the first sign of any sort of dip, much like what happened in 2017 and before that 2013, and before that 2011 etc etc.

The entire global economy is all sorts of fucked up at the moment as Ribena says. Money printing is off the charts but interest rates are so low, we can't compare it to anything in history. Fuck knows what is going to happen but I don't think it will be good.

Or maybe this will all just continue for another year or 5 or 15.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 26 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Personally I think Btc will continue to accrue value as long as its being mined. Once the last Btc is produced then attention will turn to assessing what utility it actually has and it will crash as it falls short on utility compared with other crypto. Anyone holding crypto needs to pick a date before the end mining point and dump.

In 2040 there will be no more Bitcoin created, but each block reward will be made up of transaction fees. That will be enough to ensure it continues to function.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:07 - 26 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

In 2040 there will be no more Bitcoin created, but each block reward will be made up of transaction fees. That will be enough to ensure it continues to function.

What about the speed of transaction issue?.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 26 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

There isn't really an issue now, transactions are fairly quick and there is also the Lightning Network.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 26 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

There isn't really an issue now, transactions are fairly quick and there is also the Lightning Network.

Lighting network is interesting. I looked at aetting up a node but it was technically beyond my IT abilities. Still technology moves quickly, can Bitcoin really preserve value against newer inovations? How much room is there for it to develop?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 26 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Can Bitcoin really preserve value against newer inovations? How much room is there for it to develop?

It's still the dominant force in crypto, something like 40% of all money in crypto is in BTC. That's a shit ton of money. Even if Ethereum takes over, BTC couldn't just die. Bitcoin Cash didn't even die Smile

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 31 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks banning fiat to crypto exchanges. Is this because they're genuinely threatened by crypto or is it pressure from governments who are worried about losing tax revenues?

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:57 - 31 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Banks banning fiat to crypto exchanges. Is this because they're genuinely threatened by crypto or is it pressure from governments who are worried about losing tax revenues?

Banks aren't threatened by crypto, at least not yet. They are worried about fraud and complying with AML/KYC laws more than anything else IMO.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:49 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hacking group Anonymous has issued a threat to Elon Musk, accusing the billionaire Tesla owner of having liquidated dreams and “destroyed lives” with his tweets about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjYAe9g1Qd0

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
excess energy is wasted by power companies and sought out by crypto-miners.

Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:15 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news...

El Salvador's president says he will make the Bitcoin crypto-currency legal tender in the country.

If his plan is backed by congress, the Central American country would be first in the world to formally adopt the digital currency.

It would be used alongside the US dollar, El Salvador's official currency.

President Nayib Bukele says Bitcoin will make it easier for Salvadorans living abroad to send payments home.

"In the short term, this will generate jobs and help provide financial inclusion to thousands outside the formal economy," Mr Bukele told a Bitcoin conference in Florida, adding that it could also boost investment to the country.

#Bitcoin has a market cap of $680 billion dollars. If 1% of it is invested in El Salvador, that would increase our GDP by 25%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-57373058

Dance!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Indi' Bitcoin green apocalypse. https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/bitcoin-china-crackdown-energy-environment-b1861123.html

Interesting though is the author Peter Howson is into crypto in some way its being used for some environmental shinanigins https://theconversation.com/profiles/peter-howson-410183
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 55 of 58