BCF: Bike Chat Forums

P****D OFF!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 11:50 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: P****D OFF!!! Reply with quote

Last night some twerps decided to damage my bike!

They shoved stones up my exhaust, broke off the right wing mirror and damaged the electric starter, f*** knows how much it will cost to repair, but I am just about to go to police, not as if they will do anything.

Not going to report it to my insurance company, I am Third Party only and I want a 1 years no claims at the end of the year, but yes I am very annoyed!!!

Jon (S_S)
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 11:53 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

fucking twats, probably drunk fuckers that thought it'd be "funny".

Lets hope they tripped and broke their legs on the way home Thumbs Up

Slavo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:07 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear mate. Similar happened to my scooter. It was about 8pm and I'd popped to the pub with a neighbour, when I returned the scooter was on its side. No evidence that a car had knocked it as my car was one side and the neighbours the other. Definitely kids. Turned out that a bit on the column was bent, i knocked it back and was fine. Since then, my bike is never left outside for longer than 5 minutes and even then I'm by the front door watching it.

Your exhaust you may be able to sort yourself. Take it off, shake the exhaust upside down i.e. with the exit hole at the bottom so that the stones fall out of the hole they were pushed in. I'm not sure but one or two stones I shouldn't think should affect the airflow too much.

Wing mirrors. I bought a pair of aftermarket mirrors for my scooter that looked much better than the originals and were a tenner for the pair!

Sorry, I can't help you with the electric start. Mine is also broken and was when I bought the ped. Although I think it may be the switch in the brakes that is broken.

Hope it is all sorted without too much expense,

Good luck and keep it off the road Wink

Slavo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bunny-chan
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have twats like that where we live, one night my boyfriend found his bike smeared with ice cream!!! I feel for you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:34 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update...

Well I cleared the exhaust by kick starting the engine and blew them all out of the exhaust which was quite amusing.

Then, I went to the local police station nobody there...So I went down to the local Motorcycle service station and on the way there two kids on derestricted bikes over took me, now I was only doing 30 MPH and then a police car pulled out of a side road and then put it's sirens on and puled me over, I was shouting that I had not been speeding and that I was actually looking for the police originally.

He accused me of racing the other 2 guys and wrote my name and number plate into this book of his...Will I get points on my provisional licence?

If I do I'm going to get a solicitor and go to court because I was neither racing or speeding the other two guys.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he gave you any forms, I think its a yellow slip thingy then you will probably get points, it will say on it. He might have just given you a producer, in which case you will just have to take all your documents to the station.

Gutted about the damage to your bike, I have had similar things done to mine plenty of times.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 13:03 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explain to them the fact that it does not go over 30mph. They cannot argue with that. Same happened to me on a pizza bike. Thumbs Down Dumb coppers odn't even know the law. Rolling Eyes

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:04 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have had no forms, He asked for my plastic licence which fortunately I had on me and he just said off you go.

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck! Sad

I doubt if the police will take things further. I reckon they were looking for the other two oafter a complaint. I'd report the incident anyway - you never know.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:56 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go to Taunton Police station 13 miles away to report it as our police station isn't open on Saturdays!!!

Pete
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

really sorry bout your bike. maybe runs some wires accross the outside with a large charge running through to give them all electric shocks!
that police thing is awfull. wish they would spend thier time doing usefull thinkngs instead of crap like this!
Pete

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:31 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to this the bike is locked to the front of the house now Underneath my bedroom window instead of the side. I cover the bike up every night. I have installed CCTV above the bike linked to my video player. I have a security light there and I got my bike AlphaDotted. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1