Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got the fuelling sorted out (it's roughly right) on my project bike. YES!! It works like it's supposed to work. Just a bit rich, but the revs go up and they go down. Very Happy

Non-standard carb, non-standard 2-into-1 manifold system I had made for me, a throttle cable I made myself, and a pod filter...

This has taken me a very long time. I found suggestions for the carb setup online, and on Youtube, but they were a long way off from being correct, and in some cases contradicted the Mikuni manual. I was chasing down a hanging revs problem, a nonexistent vacuum leak, a sticky carb slide, and even dismantling and reassembling the automatic ignition advancer. In the end, it was just trying out one thing at a time that succeeded in dialling in the single carb. You change one thing and it changes everything else... Apart from a differently tapered throttle needle (on its way to me) this is roughly how the engine will be set up. I can now get on with the nice and easy tasks, replacing the tyres, choosing my shocks, etc.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been such a wanker of a weekend weatherwise, windy and grey skies, I didn't really want to go out on Saturday but I made myself, and I am so glad I did.

Decided on a little jaunt about the place, stopped for a cupo coffee with the lovely Hoffy which, aside from being pleased to finally get to see the little bugger ( Wub ) I scored an AWESOME jacket off his dad (complete with old rocker badges and studs, LOL, excellent!) ... and a helmet and gloves off his mum, the helmet even has a visor Shocked

Then I pootled round the M25 to my mate Liz's in St Albans for dinner and somehow we managed to wear out more than 4 bottles of wine between us, pair of piss heads.

The filthy weather means that I've already had a couple of opportunities to really appreciate the visor, being caught in random flash storms. At one point round the M25 I could only just see far enough to stay within my own white lines. Could do with some sort of a ... raindrop removing device, maybe ... Thinking

Got soaked through to the boots.

Home now though. Toasty.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 24 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

VFR - Acquired fuel pump relay. It's not the fuel pump relay. Bought new (used, known good) fuel pump. Will put the new points on i and keep the new relay in.

125 - Ordered enough bits to do a total top end rebuild (150 barrel, piston rings gaskets, cam chain, guide, CCT, longer duration cam, rockers and tappets,). Total cost - less than the valve check on the VFR. Wouldn't want to put money on it passing 120K miles like the VFR is about to though. Wait for a sunny windfree day, no guts no glory...

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 25 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the bike, but got my headliner out of the car- will repair this including the tears at the visors. It's a typical cardboard type material so it should be rigid enough with a repair with the help of some spare rag.
I would like to re-use the material itself too...we'll see.

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/189886687_195255015781553_4477202798940159171_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=zmpmD9fblw0AX-mtDvk&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=7a7c6449ab28d0b2a0e30c77978330af&oe=60D3E3BD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 28 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viffer. Got a used fuel pump from an owners group on FaceAche. Tested it (12v, fuel can, fuel line). It worked ok so I took the new contacts I bought out of the old pump and put them into the new one. Primed and boshed onto bike and it revs happily again. Cleaned and oiled chain and de-crapped rear wheel. I'll take it for a gentle bimble tomorrow to test under load, as it was beginning to rain.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 29 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Viffer work.

Fan swapped, without removing radiator. I also regard that as a minor miracle. While I was in there, I swapped out the front plugs with Iridium ones to match the back pair. Also fitted the fins on the mid panel that I took off and sprayed about 18 months ago. Opened and rebuilt the starter clutch (known weak point) with a Tourmax roller kit. I'll wash off the mucky fingerprints and wax her after I've had some munch. We'll go ride her tomorrow.

The next major lot of work is rear subframe swap, rear manifold swap and shock swap. Need to wait for a week off to do that methinks. I'm still not into this thing for more than £750 including all of the spares.. Bangernomics at it's best.

And to top it off, I got one of the new, legit AWoL T-shits in the post today. The downside is that reality hit that the mag folded 20+ years ago and I feel fucking old.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 29 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major clean of the Hyosung GT250r.
It actually looks presentable now Shocked .

I put it on the trickle charger.

I might even ride it next week Shocked Shocked !

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:43 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked it up

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4763776#4763776
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:21 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=18]Split thread. Continues here:[/size]
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=333100
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409
Page 409 of 409