Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed my starting problem

when I say fixed I pressed the button and it started Confused Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WULFSTAN wrote:
I much prefer to see bodyguards used bike than some toy dragged out for picture and then put back away. Bodyguard please keep the lovely pictures coming. Thumbs Up

His numerous (high res') photos of some mundane task on a crap bike rapes my data limit Evil or Very Mad

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WULFSTAN wrote:
I much prefer to see bodyguards used bike than some toy dragged out for picture and then put back away. Bodyguard please keep the lovely pictures coming. Thumbs Up

It's a fucking shed and the guy's a cunt.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chucked a newer and better camera (2MP) on the CCTV to watch over it. A local feral shit was taking a large interest in it until he got his collar grabbed by a neighbour. He'll be back no doubt.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:16 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was carrying on making a dolly for the bike; not a lot of room to swing it round in my 'shed'. First dolly made a few days ago, collapsed when I let it take the weight of the bike. (partly made from strong[ish] ply) (the dolly that is, not the bike lol)

Now working on plan 'B' - making one from pieces of 50mm square steel tubing. Today the angle grinder decided to sh1t its commutator end bearing, so this stopped play. New bearing will be here next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petemate wrote:
Was carrying on making a dolly for the bike; not a lot of room to swing it round in my 'shed'. First dolly made a few days ago, collapsed when I let it take the weight of the bike. (partly made from strong[ish] ply) (the dolly that is, not the bike lol)

Now working on plan 'B' - making one from pieces of 50mm square steel tubing. Today the angle grinder decided to sh1t its commutator end bearing, so this stopped play. New bearing will be here next week.

I gave up and bought an Abba stand with the dolly, cost far too much but it works very well at least.

Got new soft panniers for the KTM today, proper Powerparts ones, not very big but definitely will do the trick for weekend trips.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Seal kit arrived for the front calipers this week.

Again? Your brakes seem to shit themselves every month. Why dont you do it properly?!? Unsure if its your incompetence or if all yamaha's are this shit. Pistons also appear fucked by mole grips.

Get spare used calipers with pads. You can have a clean set ready to swap on next time, becomes 5 minute job and will be cheaper than fixing the shit you have.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got the ST2 back in working order. Even went for a spin albeit just a few miles to a friends.
Weather caused delays but it's been dry and 10 degrees today so cracked on. Even stuck the exhaust decals on I've had sitting about.

First winter in a decade or more I've not had to use the bikes to get about.... I missed the racket open pipes bestow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUoZhEEW0AUiahm.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Seal kit arrived for the front calipers this week.
https://i.imgur.com/qQX4niJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qQX4niJ.jpg

Just picking up on kramdra's point for a sec, I wondered if that piston at the top left has been damaged by someone trying to force it out using pliers or similar.

I had cause to service my brakes recently, and one of the pistons looked like that. I was worried it was damaging the seals as it travelled beneath them when actuated. Because my bike's got 6 pot opposed callipers, it's a right faff to do anything to them at all. One of the pistons would not rise when the lever was pulled - perhaps because of some oxidation in the recessed seats for the seals, which caused the seal to be too proud, making it difficult for the piston to travel over it.

Paranoid that I could easily knacker the pistons if trying to remove them by grabbing the outside with some tool or other, my mate made a tool by adapting an engineer's vice. He ground flats onto the upper and lower edges of its jaws, then screwed the vice such that the jaws touched, then placed them on the inside of the piston, and screwed them out until they got a good purchase on the piston.

But this isn't possible on your calliper because you can't separate them. I'm guessing that you'd have to use fluid pressure or compressed air. The difficulty there though is of course that one piston comes out, next is fluid, and suddenly you've lost pressure. Meaning the other three are still in. I thought my six pots were a nightmare, but those cast four pots look worse in some ways.

Will you replace that piston? I suppose if it's been okay for four years it's probably not doing anything untoward to the seals - I'd be tempted to change it myself though if the surface is as damaged as it looks. Just not sure how I'd go about it seeing as the calliper doesn't separate.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Even stuck the exhaust decals on I've had sitting about.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUoZhEEW0AUiahm.jpg

I could do with one of those to finish off the refurb. Heat resistant? Where from?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh feck...An Italian company...gizza mo whilst I reassemble the recycling

[edit] After the great PC death of 2017 I lost the exact details and yes they were advertised as heatproof. IIRC about £15 the pair

https://i.imgur.com/lxHRB1P.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Ahh feck...An Italian company...gizza mo whilst I reassemble the recycling

[edit] After the great PC death of 2017 I lost the exact details and yes they were advertised as heatproof. IIRC about £15 the pair

https://i.imgur.com/lxHRB1P.jpg

Effebi Design. Cheers! Thumbs Up I'll look them up.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took apart the left switchgear to clean it- It's fecked.

New ones will have to be fettled to size, re-wired and go on next weekend, not had more than an hour to open it up and look.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:22 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chain and sprockets done. Gold chain, Supersprox rear sprocket. I'm such a tart.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled the starter motor for a rebuild swapped it for the project motor for the moment. Replaced switch cluster on the left hand side after loosing low beam. Seems to be working will only know after its tested under load on the way work tonight. Fixed a pannier rail that was loose new bolt and washer. Cleaned the clutch arm and relubed. Relubed throttle holder now feeling better.

Plus replacing the coolant, giving it a wash out as it was brown. Now it starts better. Cleaned up the spark plugs, new ones will go on order soon.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Chain and sprockets done. Gold chain, Supersprox rear sprocket. I'm such a tart.
Gold chain = easier to spot the defects.

In our personalities.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:09 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bodyguard"]Seal kit arrived for the front calipers this week.

You dick you put the grease on the wrong side of the pads and your wearing gloves you fucking pussy Thumbs Up

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a chain adjustment (one FULL turn) and a lube up... CB250.

Twas thinking of giving the old girl a wash but I will do that next weekend
when I get my CBF500 back from the shop with luck.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Dem CB250s do love to munch through the chains.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
^^Dem CB250s do love to munch through the chains.

They do indeed, even the genuine kits.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:10 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found they stretched the heavy duty DIDs pretty quick too. For a little thumper they sure put out a lot of pulse and I was pretty good as keeping the chain clean, lubed and adjusted.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I found they stretched the heavy duty DIDs pretty quick too. For a little thumper they sure put out a lot of pulse and I was pretty good as keeping the chain clean, lubed and adjusted.

Heavy duty and 'O' ring?

Or just heavy duty?

I put a new DID 'O' ring chain on the FJ1200 before Mrs.Fizzer and I rode 2600 miles around France last year. I adjusted it once in all that time.

Always have a 'Plan B'

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:37 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DID NZ Super Heavy Duty Non-O-ring.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 91 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 291 of 409