Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:52 - 05 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the Chinese pos (Honley RX3) for it’s first MOT today.
It passed with no advisory’s Laughing Thumbs Up

Fugk it was fugging cold this morning.
The bike looks like it’s just finished the Paris-Dakar after all the shite and salt on the road all sprayed on with a smattering of snow/sleet.

I’m happy though Thumbs Up

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 05 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold - it's that alright.

Spent the evening stripping parts off the CB500 and also collecting all the spare parts up for sale.

My hands are frozen working in the garage.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:14 - 05 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just as fucking cold coming home this evening.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:00 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
You were lucky it didn't splatter all over the rear tyre on the move and throw you off!

Oh to have hot gunk sprayed all up your back and then be tossed off for a finale, fun times Laughing

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:55 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
Looked at her and felt sorry that she is not getting used so much at the moment. I've lost my mojo since I nearly killed myself in the wet. What has happened I may become a summer only rider. Embarassed

unfortunately, this is where i'm at with biking atm, especially in winter. too many close enough calls. that and my mate just came off after a bmw pulled out on him on his zzr1100 with a bit of slipperiness on the ground that increased his braking distance a fair bit
We picked the bike up from the recovery place yesterday and it is completely pickled. both forks snapped, both front discs bent, front wheel caved in, all plastics exploded into 100000 pieces, tank dented 3 or 4 times etc etc
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://badassmanifesto.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/watchout.png

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @

5am
40 mile commute.
Dressing accordingly.
Having to travel anywhere by 17 YO shed.

Oh and repeated attempts to impress strangers by repeatedly proclaiming the same all weather hardman claims whatever thread
you post in like it's your only achievement in life. I mean, who wouldn't be boastful about getting up halfway through
the night to do a NMW job 40 miles away to keep a bike (thats older than half the forums kids) on the road and a 50 grand
mortgage paid.

Well done you, you magnificent beast. I'm gonna spend all day being impressed.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finance. Laughing LOL. Nope, several vehicles all bought and paid for with good old cash, including the Spacker.
The nearest I have to any finance is the small amount left to pay on my residence mortgage. Which I only keep
going so that if either my wife or I die unexpectedly the mortgage gets paid off for the remaining partner by the
life insurance for the other one. It's a couple thing.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had nuts welded to the wallered out, 15yr old capheads holding the exhaust flange on. We'll heatcycle and plusgas it until it feels like moving.

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:05 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petemate wrote:
Was carrying on making a dolly for the bike; not a lot of room to swing it round in my 'shed'. First dolly made a few days ago, collapsed when I let it take the weight of the bike. (partly made from strong[ish] ply) (the dolly that is, not the bike lol)

Now working on plan 'B' - making one from pieces of 50mm square steel tubing. Today the angle grinder decided to sh1t its commutator end bearing, so this stopped play. New bearing will be here next week.

Well, fixed the angle grinder - that (being a Bosch) should last another 20 years. Dunno why the commie end bearing went, but happily the rest of it was ok including amazingly the brushes. This tool has helped build 2 kit cars, and the construction of a complete inner framework for a replica Model A Ford, as well as many other workshop duties.

The dolly has been finished and works very well - single-handed I can now spin the bike round and place it anywhere in the shed to give me plenty of workspace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 04:15 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped down to 190/55 rear from 200/55 and from a Pirelli Supercorsa SP2 to Metzeller M7RRs front and back.

R&G bar ends
R&G carbon tank sliders
CNC shorty levers
Right hand mirror OEM (snapped last one in half)

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 04:22 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogeyman wrote:

My bike is a well oiled machine which is used daily but continue calling it shed just because it isn't financed 66 plate with <1000 miles. Tart.

If you're smart, you would have a financed 67 plate too but you don't earn enough money to have worked this out yet.

I have two financed bikes, 66/17 plates respectively... I also earn a lot more than you and have friends who earn a shit load more than me, guess what? None of them "own" their 100k cars or 1/2 million pound houses either.

You're smart though!

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far ordered new headlight brackets for one of them, fitted the tax disc to the other. Now to get the new one semi reasonable.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Tax disc. Is there such a thing?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 19:12 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabricated an exhaust hanger, so I can get rid of the pillion pegs.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
^^^Tax disc. Is there such a thing?

Fancied having the year of the bike on the bike. Personally know this is counter intuitive as it should be 85 with tax; however I really don't care.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:55 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave all the old tax discs to the new owner of the CB250RS..they went back to 1983. He seemed chuffed.

Difficult to find a holder that was 100% waterproof...then found one that used 6 grub screws...who got time for dat! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I gave all the old tax discs to the new owner of the CB250RS..they went back to 1983. He seemed chuffed.

Difficult to find a holder that was 100% waterproof...then found one that used 6 grub screws...who got time for dat! Laughing

Halcyon tax disc holder is the one I've got on the bike I'm thinking of getting this tax disc laminated to save it from getting ruined. Know for a fact when it was on the bike it never leaked once which I'm guessing is pure luck then. The other idea was to put the word Guinness in there or a jack daniels round coaster.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the error of smearing grease around the outside....Fine until a hot summer day then it leached through to the paper disc. Rolling Eyes Smile

Davemc37
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Changed my vstrom 650 which I loved to Reply with quote

A suzuki gsx 650f which I love a lot more. The poor old vstrom feels a bit agricultural in comparison.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boringman wrote:

My bike is a well oiled machine which is used daily...

https://s14.postimg.org/hx5saxlgh/giphy.gif
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 08 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up my re-chromed fork tubes from Philpot's in Luton. £155 the pair, with my name now etched into the bottom bush recess for all eternity. Also bought a Sealey 46-47mm fork seal driver. It's too damn cold in the garage though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 72 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 293 of 409