Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 23 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
DrSnoosnoo wrote:
I put the muffs on.

Tempted to put mine on tonight.... You get used to the lack of movement. My brother gave me a tip when I first started using them.

If you need to remove a hand to scratch your nose/lift visor/do whatever, then use your left hand....when you panic and don't get perfect re entry you'll be glad you still have control of the front brake and throttle.

I remember when they came off my 600, it felt weird not having my arms restricted. Just needed to readjust.
Ps. I only ever do stuff with my left hand anyway, always have control on my throttle and brake Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 23 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:

I remember when they came off my 600, it felt weird not having my arms restricted. Just needed to readjust.
Ps. I only ever do stuff with my left hand anyway, always have control on my throttle and brake Thumbs Up

Ah sorry, misunderstood. Assumed this was your first go with them.

I made the mistake once of trying to lift my visor with my right hand as an experiment, I did indeed panic when I didn't get it straight back in haha.

On the plus side, as soon as spring arrives and you remove them it feels rather good Smile

Soggz
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:30 - 24 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiped it over

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:40 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

removed failed waterpump seal from the clutch cover casing and top end to find rusty piston rings .....hey the poor bike aint been used for many years so to be expected.....you got to love old 2 strokes right?

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:20 - 27 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuckkered the gear lever attachment. The aluminium clamp for the gearbox splines has worn and came loose the second time in two weeks. The result, gear lever moves too far and catches on sidestand, gets stuck. It tightened up but the whole left hanger could do with replacing.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:44 - 27 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

changed barrel,piston,head and reeds psi reading is 112psi up from 63psi so all good....oh yeah extra cc's added too!! post man brought me a new gasket set so I can put it together over the next week...RDLC might get a day or 2 on the road before retiring for the winter!!

now upto 125PSI as changed the must be ancient hi tech reeds for std st/st ones that actually seat and changed the head for a std 125cc item rather than one that had been bored out to run a big bore kit.....thats 63PSI to 125PSI so hey time to put it back together !!

Last edited by bladerunner on 01:14 - 29 Oct 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 27 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBF500 had a PR5 on the front and a new battery.....

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 27 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil, filter and plugs changed on the R1. Stick coil number 1 was fiddly because it is close to the frame with a bunch of connectors in the way, so I did that one first to get it over with.

There's a plastic tray which fits over the top of the coils, secured with three push pins (I'm not sure what they're called) but annoyingly I managed to drop/ping two into oblivion. My usual go-to magnetic tool for such retrieval jobs was no use because they're plastic. Hopefully Halfords will have some which will fit. I'm annoyed at potentially leaving them lurking somewhere inside but I've searched for ages.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 28 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work rat -

• Swapped carb out for one that wasn't leaking, has a larger jet, and the needle raised one notch.
  • Drilled a 6.5mm hole, and put a some 6mm threaded stainless bar straight through the overlap where the polylock meets the downpipe. Copper silicone liberally applied. Wrapped.
  • Chain tension and lube.
  • Slapped some more matt black on places rubbing off.
  • Pulled obvious rust off, brushed it, applied inhibitor and painted when that dried.

VFR -

• Stud extractor set and centrepunch have been 'borrowed' - which I only found out when I went to use it and couldn't find it.
  • Swore a lot at borrower over phone, Swore at the studs for snapping in the first place.
  • Found more mullered socket head bolts. At least these I should be able to put a flat in and get out without too much hassle, assuming I apply some heat and penetrating oil.
  • Swore some more, and locked her back up.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:19 - 28 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Fitted Oberon clutch slave cylinder to the VFR.
Arrow Tried to fix the sluggish right hand indicator, but was unsuccessful
Arrow checked the configuration of the Regulator Rectifier
Arrow Fitted the correct front brake bolts on the right hand front caliper

Still to do:

Arrow Arrange for heated grips to be fitted
Arrow Actually fix indicators
Arrow replace regulator rectifier

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 28 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticked some LEDs in the dashboard, a few had failed officer, that's why I was speeding in the dark you see.

Much brighter now, no excuses anymore though Sad
Cheaper than the standard set from Honda too, according to man maths.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 29 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made up some nylon rings, 26.8mm bore, 38mm OD and 4mm thick. They are to press onto my bar ends to locate and secure the muffs.

https://i.postimg.cc/5NJ56hMd/IMG-20181029-002733.jpg
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 29 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

KITT wrote:
Was all this 'work' done outside your pikey council flat next to the football field?

No, magic bike-fixing faries came and did it. You would know all about fairies.

We've been through it before, but you're obviously a knuckle dragging, retarded, cum guzzling Remploy Allstar that can't remember how to wipe his own arse, let alone actual things in the world outside your own drool lines, so here it is again. In tiny words even your distinct lack of cognitive ability can understand, Ashley.

Not Council. Not a football field.

Now, be a good model for Care in the Community, and fuck off back to dribbling in your dinner while you figure out how a fork works.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:53 - 04 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split the crankcase on the Daytona https://i64.tinypic.com/f4o5fa.jpg

and found this missing tooth on 4th gear!
https://i63.tinypic.com/2mq71p4.jpg

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 04 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Now, be a good model for Care in the Community, and fuck off back to dribbling in your dinner while you figure out how a fork works.

He's yet to figure out how chain adjusters work, dunno what's gonna happen when he finally sees a vagina.

Well, when he he finds a vagina, it'll be like looking in a mirror, so that should be interesting.

ಠ_ಠ

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:03 - 05 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I attacked the slow starting right indicator on the VFR, fitted rubber bungs to the top box plate, and fitted the heated grips. I don't have the relay yet, but the 'intelligent shutoff' seems to work ok. I don't really want to take the risk though, especially as the auto shut off takes 5 minutes to work...

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 07 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday. Wheel + caliper off XR, undid forks and rotated them around a bit in the hope it would all button up a bit straighter having bounced it off the front of a car at around 20mph and been about 3-5 degrees out of whack.

Seemed to work Thumbs Up

I have bruised finger, legs, knees, hip, ribs. But essentially fine.
EDIT: Driver admitted fault, as on wrong side of road.

Last edited by Pigeon on 20:55 - 11 Nov 2018; edited 1 time in total

pits
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past few weeks, my bike has been serviced, MOT, taxes and insured, first time in 4-5 years.
Out in rain today, forget how weird people get when you bring a Ducati out in the rain and turn up at a cafe covered in filth from roads.
Forgot how much fun that bike is
00:32:08 Blau Zedong: yes, i am a massive CB400 fan and collector
00:33:00 Blau Zedong: the CB400 is my favourite road bike

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 11 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed the sloppy fitting gear linkage, filled the slot so that it can close a bit tighter.

Also drilled holes in garage floor, inserted some expanding nuts, so I can use as tie down points when bike is on stand and I want the front wheel in the air - much quicker than removing fairing to jack the sump.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 11 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took XR for MOT. Failed. Sidelight wasn't working. It had been the night before.

Turned out that XR was trying to copy Striples example and eat its own wiring as it passed between the fork leg.

The earth had been worn away completely and it must have been luck that when I checked, the bars were rotated left, squishing the two ends together.

Soldered in a an extension. Heat shrinked. Electrical taped. Then wrapped a section of old MotoX inner tube around the wires and cable tied in place.

The wires were wrapped in the standard sheath, but it had been worn through and I'd not spotted it. Should last a bit longer now.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 11 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applied some new vinyl decals on the grom, checked it started up properly then locked and chained up both bikes and covered them over. I am not going to be doing a whole lot of riding over the next few months. I will swap the trickle charger over so they both get some juice.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 11 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

almostthere wrote:
Split the crankcase on the Daytona https://i64.tinypic.com/f4o5fa.jpg

I had no idea you could split the crankcase with the engine still being in the frame. Putting it back together sure will be fun. Thinking

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
Added temp and voltmeter to bike. Cheap chinese items but had to make a case to waterproof.

https://s17.postimg.cc/jukxs6rpr/IMG_20171227_083207.jpg

Seems I need to waterproof the sensor connector.. 10 miles in, started to show11 degrees while my left hand was going numb from wiping the ice off visor.

It did winter but voltmeter died, was not adequately waterproof. Making a new one.

https://i.postimg.cc/C19tc99D/IMG-20181117-193041.jpg

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 18 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to service 1100. Found two head gasket leaks. Then lost an oil gallery washer somewhere in the head. Lost my shit and will be shipping it off for an engine rebuild in January, that’ll be a thousand quid I don’t really have Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 324 of 409