Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:46 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Road 5 front fitted, edit - 117,700 miles.

Last edited by kramdra on 19:02 - 20 Oct 2019; edited 1 time in total

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up my bike from the shop, had it's first proper service 48K, thankfully no serious shim issues.

Rode the bike home the long way so I could open her up. Laughing

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave it a muff and then proceeded to stick my whole hand in. My first rodeo but I don't think it was hers. Embarassed Laughing

Oxford £39 ones. Turns heated grips into a mini oven. Not restrictive beside very tight manoeuvring at full lock/close to (ie: moving around to park).

Spent some time laughing at myself and then proceeded to venture for a ride smiling at how comfortable I was in crappy conditions. Thumbs Up

https://i.postimg.cc/76Qj3dNX/M4FF.jpg[/i]

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode Southwest
With no visor
And occasional bursts of rain
And no back light
Felt rather vulnerable
Made it before it got completely dark

But missed my connection
Got "rather cross"
Cold hands, wet arse, rain in shoes.
Went to McDonalds, nasty chips.
Rode back towards London again
Less rain, but still no back light
#intrepid #stupid #bravado #stupid #hardcore #stupid

Stopped at Fleet services bang on midnight, McDonalds has no hot chocolate
Got even more cross, texted ex boyfriend (insomniac) to see if he awake.
He awake.
Turned up at ex-boyfriend's in Shepherds Bush around 1.00am
Ex Boyfriend had cup of hot chocolate ready for me.
Also dispensed much needed cuddle without threat of required reciprocal sexual behaviour.

Slept on his floor
Watched the rugby
He taking bike to shop on Monday to get electrics fixed.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 20 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exhaust refitted with new gaskets.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 20 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chain clean and oil.
Wiped it down.

Broke down and ordered fork seals for the VFR.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:11 - 20 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Gave it a muff and then proceeded to stick my whole hand in. My first rodeo but I don't think it was hers. Embarassed Laughing

Oxford £39 ones. Turns heated grips into a mini oven. Not restrictive beside very tight manoeuvring at full lock/close to (ie: moving around to park).

Spent some time laughing at myself and then proceeded to venture for a ride smiling at how comfortable I was in crappy conditions. Thumbs Up

https://i.postimg.cc/76Qj3dNX/M4FF.jpg[/i]

You'll ditch them after doing 70 and they fall back and apply the front brake.

There's a reason Tucano Urbano are better. I did not have fun at '70' when the bike was being forced to slow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 20 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
You'll ditch them after doing 70 and they fall back and apply the front brake.

Hopefully the oxford handguards framework would prevent that, but is one to keep an eye on when it comes to social rides in the winter months: commute route doesn't come close to those speeds beside long variations in the summer months for the sake of mile crunching. Imagine I'd feel much the same if someone like that happened, time will tell. Shocked

https://i.postimg.cc/gj7ZTD5T/20191011-183832.jpg

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:27 - 22 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, as being the first day of having a full A bike license (passed mod 2 test yesterday) and having a day off work, took my yamaha ybr 125 (not the best bike in the world, as about as fast as a Lada full of elephants going uphill) for its first spin ..without those sodding L plates!!!!! Mr. Green

only planned to go for a spin for 2 hours......but got carried away and was on the road for about 4 hours

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 22 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WreckTangle wrote:
Today, as being the first day of having a full A bike license (passed mod 2 test yesterday) and having a day off work, took my yamaha ybr 125 (not the best bike in the world, as about as fast as a Lada full of elephants going uphill) for its first spin ..without those sodding L plates!!!!! Mr. Green

only planned to go for a spin for 2 hours......but got carried away and was on the road for about 4 hours

The fact that you were out 4 hours instead of 2 kind of suggests that you're little ybr may not be the worst bike in the world.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:24 - 25 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

The fact that you were out 4 hours instead of 2 kind of suggests that you're little ybr may not be the worst bike in the world.

yeah, ok maybe not, but it's still slower than the big Honda 650's that I given to train on by my bike school (and use to do the mod 2 test with)

got to admit, driving a bike is addictive Mr. Green

what did I do today? changed the tyre on my ybr (actually the garage did that for me), and then got attacked by a wasp

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 26 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work hack:-
Topped up coolant - had a suspicion she was running hot. Needs a coolant flush really.
Chain tension.
Gave it a wipe over.
Got an idea of where paint needs touching up.
Viffer:-
Unhooked battery to charge - replacement forks will be here next week sometime.

WreckTangle wrote:
got to admit, driving a bike is addictive Mr. Green

You drive cars, you ride bikes.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 26 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh oil and filter, to test my new stator. 14.5V at the battery, everything alright, no oil leaks!

Then, I had a short ride (roughly 60km) with my mates, everyone on a single cylinder machine. Razz

By the way, I forgot how good these big reflector ''classic'' headlights were. A cheap H4 bulb combined with a big reflector results in a very good beam pattern/coverage. I could actually see where I'm going, which is a pleasant change, as my previous motorcycle, ZX7R, had a projector which wasn't very good at all and the MZ's headlight is pretty much useless at night.

om15
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave the Tracer a proper clean and polish, general spray over with WD40 and through chain clean and lube with banana slip lube, first time I have used this and will see how it goes, found the dry lube rather gritty and the wax lube rather messy, will see what the fling is like on this stuff.
Set clocks on both bikes to new time, I don't know why I did that as my eyes are so old I can't read the digits, going to buy a nice round clock to stick on the handlebars.
Tracer is going in for first service next week, I have done 5.5K since new, no problems, having the seat lowering mod done, a collar on the mono shock will lower the bike an inch, see if that is more comfortable.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beemer tried to squash it. Sad (can't find the spill thread, if there is a '19 one).

Stopped at the lights. 3 cars, then BMW, then me. Beemer is indicating right, I am going left. Beemer pulls into right-hand filter lane, I start left, and they pull hard left, making me hit the left rear door/quarterpanel. Manage to keep it upright. They stop for a second, then feck off up the road. Caught up with them, told her to pull over, she does so down the road. Almost no damage to my bike, minimal scratch on their door/quarter panel. She was happy she was in the wrong (her boyfriend was an argumentative, anti-bike cumguzzler though), and wasn't interested in taking my insurance details.

Obligatory paint diagram. Blue is me, right is car.
https://i.imgur.com/0AsxQt6l.png

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:43 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Beemer is indicating...

Suspicious already Wink

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Beemer is indicating...

Suspicious already Wink

Well, it is a Beemer.

My curiosity was piqued by them looking like they wanted to leave the scene. Reg is for a blue Beemer - This was silver, not even close to blue. Simply not told the DVLA of the colour change, or cloned?

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Beemer tried to squash it. Sad (can't find the spill thread, if there is a '19 one).

Stopped at the lights. 3 cars, then BMW, then me. Beemer is indicating right, I am going left. Beemer pulls into right-hand filter lane, I start left, and they pull hard left, making me hit the left rear door/quarterpanel. Manage to keep it upright. They stop for a second, then feck off up the road. Caught up with them, told her to pull over, she does so down the road. Almost no damage to my bike, minimal scratch on their door/quarter panel. She was happy she was in the wrong (her boyfriend was an argumentative, anti-bike cumguzzler though), and wasn't interested in taking my insurance details.

Obligatory paint diagram. Blue is me, right is car.
https://i.imgur.com/0AsxQt6l.png

I recognise that - I go through there on occasion!

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Obligatory paint diagram.

I recognise that - I go through there on occasion!

I'm wary of oncoming cars that are turning trying to cut me off, it's happened a few times, but this was a new one on me.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:28 - 30 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed the brake pads this morning. 40 mins to change 3 sets of pads with the back brake taking 20 mins on its own.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 30 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-mot, cleaned up the left weaping fork seal. Seals perfectly without grease, used grease anyway. Replaced rotting indicator bulbs.

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:27 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaced front bulb..........as front bulb died when I was driving down a pitch black country road........with no street lights........

you really brown your pants when you are travelling at 60 mph and everything goes pitch black! Shocked

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 31 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I’ve - sorned a bike. Sad but it seems that the winter is pretty much here!

(I’ve got two still taxed so if there’s a decent day (maybe, one day, fingers crossed perhaps) I’ll be out - but I’m not holding my breath!)

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 01 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
Today I’ve - sorned a bike. Sad but it seems that the winter is pretty much here!

(I’ve got two still taxed so if there’s a decent day (maybe, one day, fingers crossed perhaps) I’ll be out - but I’m not holding my breath!)

That reminds me: I'm still waiting on my V5 with the "historical" stamp so I don't need to worry about such things Wink

Anyhoo, went to fix a new topbox on the Rebel and the sodding bolts are too long. Cut them down with a Dremel just 'cos... why not Smile
mohit This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 354 of 409