Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 08 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're sharing a photo from a private Google drive. You'd have to somehow mark it as being publicly viewable. Either that or upload it somewhere else like imgur.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I flew home on it.

Lockdown means Less Traffic.
Cool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I think you're sharing a photo from a private Google drive. You'd have to somehow mark it as being publicly viewable. Either that or upload it somewhere else like imgur.

Oh, is that you talkign to me about my lock picture Question
sorry, I was in fairyland.

yeah, i think I probably did send it from a google drive, I dont even know how it got there.
Never mind.
I can't work imgur out either Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Oh, is that you talkign to me about my lock picture Question
sorry, I was in fairyland.

yeah, i think I probably did send it from a google drive, I dont even know how it got there.
Never mind.
I can't work imgur out either Laughing

Use this. https://postimages.org/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://postimg.cc/YLN6yzxN

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh look, it worked that time Laughing
He likes a bit of black, flames and skulls, does that one.

Last edited by hellkat on 20:31 - 14 Nov 2020; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 14 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit windy out there today, chaps.
Rode down to Maidstone, then to Hastings = by car - then home via Rochester by mistake, oh well I'm going the scenic route again.

More raindrops dodged.
Cool

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 14 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having a mis-fire which occured at traffic lights or at idle rpm speed. It never occured when at anything above 1,500 rpm so running to work and back I just keep the throttle on a little bit. Otherwise there was no issues.

I was looking for a while for possible causes, first being the fact that my battery was not being charged- but I threw on a spare voltage regulator and assumed the mis-fire was due to the battery being low (DC powered system). But it was still there...

It seemed odd but I could never re-create... it only occured when out and about, but I could have the bike idling in the garage with full electrical load without any issues.

I went through some of the ignition system last week, putting on new spade connectors where there were stressed wires, and layed two new wires to the generator. One was the signal wire to the stator from the regulator, and the other was the negative to the coil from the condensor - This wire was actually freyed a bit like it had been crushed and copper was showing. I'm pretty sure at the vibey idle that potentially the wire from condensor to coil may have been earthing by touching the engine casing.

Since then.. absolutely no problems which i'm very happy about.
I will be re-wiring the engine loom in the near future however, esspecially the three wires leading from the stator to the rectifier, as they took A LOT of heat and solder for the solder to eventually soak in to one of those wires for a new spade connector to be soldererd on. They were pretty poor. But I suppose I should expect that from 33 year old wiring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 15 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viffer. Cleaned up the spare front calipers. Ordered some Goldfren pads to see if I like those, I've had them on smaller bikes and they're fine. Will chuck them on next weekend. It's getting to oil change time, so ordered that and a filter while I was at it. Cleaned and lubed chain.

Glared at the 125 and left it. Probably flog it off when the market is a bit more bouyant and replace it with something like a CB500 or GS500.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:45 - 16 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I had a productive day doing a job on the CBR track bike that I've been dreading.

I did a trackday back in August and then afterwards took the bike and trailer up to my Sister in law's house to stay with her and her hubby for a few days. During this time, the rain chucked down in a way that can only happen in the Summer in the UK.

Sadly the cheapo cap head bolts holding on my beautiful carbon fibre mudguard rusted during this rain stint, and I decided to swap them out for stainless a few weeks ago. I got most of them out...? Embarassed Shifty

Two on the left hand side were so f*cked I had to dremel off the heads and then try to use a chuck style stud extractor on my air impact wrench to remove the remains. This worked on one, on the other my impact wrench just twisted the remainder of the bolt apart and I ended up with a stub stuck in the fork bottom.

Fast forward again to this weekend just gone. I had to drill out said bolt, and was not looking forward to it. Instead of doing it in situ and potentially causing all sorts of bodgery, I decided to remove the fork leg and use the pillar drill to drill out the bolt.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_5084.jpg

I was very concerned about the accuracy of my drilling, as a couple of degrees off here or there could mean I end up damaging the fork leg, or drilling the hole out of line causing me endless problems. I need not have worried. The bolt is an M6 and I used a 4.5mm drill bit to attack it.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_5085.jpg

Here's the remains of the bolt - I'm pretty happy with that!

Just to be sure I ended up drilling it out and helicoiling it anyway but I did not want any pilot hole I created to be out of line, as the helicoil would be hard to get in line again.

Here's a shot of the front end going back together:

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_5086.jpg

And here she is back in her resting spot after I gave her a bit of a clean for the winter. She was covered in flies and there was furry mould growing on some of the more fly encrusted areas. I think I need weather strips and a dehumidifier for my garage...

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_5087.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 19 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rode the Snarley back up from Maidstone. It was dry there when I left, but by the time I got to the M2 junction, I was wet through to the socks.

Intrepid ride back into town, spray from tyres of big lorries, etc., I really could have done with some kind of visor-related hardware to clear the rain off my glasses cos I are got no visor... but could I find one, I could not. Laughing Laughing

I've not had an adventure ride like that for a while.
Had to peel my jeans off my legs when I got back indoors.
It's definitely energising.
Makes you remember how it feels to be alive.
Cool

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 19 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Had to peel my jeans off my legs when I got back indoors.
It's definitely energising.
Makes you remember how it feels to be alive.
Cool

https://media.giphy.com/media/RFM7e9lHhRFHG/giphy.gif

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 19 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You utter sicko Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Flitted across to Ladbroke Grove after that.
Earned 50 quid for 20 minutes, then popped over to my ex for a cup-o coffee and a sarnie.

Then buzzed home.

Awesome ride, stayed dry.
Rush hour wasn't nearly as cluttered as it normally is.

Life is GOOD right now.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 22:33 - 19 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Earned 50 quid for 20 minutes.

I thought you stuck to the admin side of that game.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 19 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did.
But it wasn't that game Laughing Laughing

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 22 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swapped forks back over after hitting a pothole so big I'm sure I could hear Godzilla roaring at the bottom of it, and blowing a fork seal. Council are denying it's been reported despite having proof off a neighbour it was as it fucked the suspension on their car a few days before. We'll see how it goes, but claim form is being submitted, with the proof.

Changed all the pads out to Goldfren's, cleaned pistons and calipers. Pads just need bedding in now.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 24 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted an LED headlight bulb. Advertised as "hi-lo beam" but only works on full beam. Rolling Eyes Haven't ridden it around at night yet to test it out, but I will. Looks like it will be an improvement.

Bar-end mirrors removed. I like them but they're twisting about too much now, and I can't get new rubbers. Fitted a generic right-hand side mirror.

Project bike still on hold pending arrival of rare magic part from the East.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Fitted an LED headlight bulb. Advertised as "hi-lo beam" but only works on full beam. Rolling Eyes Haven't ridden it around at night yet to test it out, but I will. Looks like it will be an improvement.

Bar-end mirrors removed. I like them but they're twisting about too much now, and I can't get new rubbers. Fitted a generic right-hand side mirror.

Project bike still on hold pending arrival of rare magic part from the East.

From what I recall changing the Superlight to a "daymaker" (knockoff, obs) there are a lot of these billed as "headlights" but in actual fact are spotlights (in the sense of auxiliary uncertified lights.)

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked and sorted chain, oil, tyres pressures etc. Plan to put a good few miles on her tomorrow, and some of the roads I intend to take, weather permitting, are pretty much mountain passes.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 27 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode down to check that Maggie and Ralphie are okay Wub

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:35 - 27 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled the back end off the Zed (well 300 miles on it now so it needs modifying)
Waiting on my J-Tech tail tidy to get rid of the wheelie bin that Kwack fitted as standard.

The walked dugs, in a muddy field, in preparation for lighting the fire, cracking a beer, and burning myself silly with an Indian curry.

Edit to add, it arrived. Crappy pic but hey, curry and beer etc etc.

[url]https://i.ibb.co/JK6V18F/DSC-0556.jpg[/url]

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:04 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing valves on the DR,

Was convinced I was being retarded and kept getting Exhaust TDC as I could feel no lash in the rockers at any point. Turns out they just had no clearance, I could just get my smallest feeler in there Shocked way below the 0.08mm service limit. Guessing its been this way for quite a while too, little worried of a impending valve drop at some point after finding this but will have to see I guess. Weighing up inspecting the valves and seats.

https://puu.sh/GS7rO.jpg

https://puu.sh/GS7rB.jpg

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 28 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaced the fixed footrests on my 350 with folding ones. I managed to fall off last week and have my leg pinned between a rock and the rest, it bloody hurt. With these they should fold so while it will still hurt at least the pressure won't be focused on such a narrow point.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50656161583_e61454c70c_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50656987832_5c6413f4f9_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50656894491_b2e4968220_c.jpg

I'm not convinced on how well the bolt between hanger and peg will do so have put the old fixed rests in my tailpack.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shifty Rode it round a bit Shifty

bikefun98
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:24 - 29 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I took advantage of the last beautiful days and went for a ride with my bike. Afterwards I washed it and put it in shape.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 119 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 394 of 409