Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tigerlea
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:02 - 20 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not technically "to" the bike but "for" the bike..
Installed an outside security light, motion sensor and connected to the mains for out the side as added protection for the bike.

Now nice and bright any time someone walks up the path Very Happy

fluxco
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 21 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

While changing the rear disc and pads on my NC30, I accidentally snapped the speed sensor bracket (TLS-SS) for my Translogic. I didn't have any epoxy... so I did some 3d printing instead.

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/File_000_zpsxm47yagk.jpeg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/File_004_zpsn0vsndq7.jpeg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/Translogic%20TLS-SS%20speed%20sensor_zpshy39ogh8.png

Last edited by fluxco on 12:35 - 22 Mar 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:58 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliantly resourceful!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluxco wrote:

That is clever dicky. I'd make it pay.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/M0lOZwB.jpg

Started fitting new wheel bearings in the back end of the ZX6.
Bearing in the freezer for 3 hours, warmed the hub and it dropped in. Just a few taps to make sure it seated properly. Will get onto the others later in the week, and maybe clean that sprocket up a bit..

fluxco
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:14 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

More 3d printing. Spacers to make my after market fairing fit a bit nicer.

before, a gap with the bolt screwed all the way in:

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/IMG_3231_zpsmo4jpcft.jpg

spacer:

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/IMG_3233_zpsfe0yliqh.jpg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/NC30%20side%20rear%20fairing%20spacer%203_zpsd2kfw3qv.gif

after, no more gap:

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/NC30%20side%20rear%20fairing%20spacer%209_zpsksr8y5iz.jpeg

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil and filter change on the M750 and the R850R. I started a caliper clean and service only to discover that the pistons wouldn't go back on one of the R850R front calipers. Arse. Rebuild kit ordered from the bay.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed the indicator wiring on the gpz, re-attached rest of the fairing, still to do at weekend - clean out front brake caliper/pistons and test if all working. Then MOT tiiiime

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scraped what was left of the shit Halfrauds "VHT" paint off the exhaust, put some proper Stove Black on it. I'll touch up anywhere I missed and give it a good run tomorrow, but initial impressions are good.

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:30 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Scraped what was left of the shit Halfrauds "VHT" paint off the exhaust, put some proper Stove Black on it. I'll touch up anywhere I missed and give it a good run tomorrow, but initial impressions are good.

I've never used Halfords VHT stuff. however, my condolences regarding the demise of it on your worthy steed. I used Wilko's Stove & BBQ paint on my headers, and the slightly more expensive Rustoleum Stove & BBQ silver on the silencers (Wilko had no silver, and I don't think they do it)
I did this work on the exhaust six weeks and quite a few miles ago and so far it is holding on. I did follow good procedures of baking it all on via the method of running for 10 mins, allowing to cool, then for 20 mins, and cooling, then finally 30 mins and good results.

HTH!

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the Pilot Road 3's fitted and gave the bike is 1/2 yearly wash.

Too soon to say anything about the PR3's other than they handle how I'd expect a tyre to and made going over gravel a breeze compared to the ride in to the shop.

Didn't look new for long, now covered in mud and crap. Sadness all round.

https://s3.postimg.org/3kvgoh0g3/1_rear.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/tzx084fbp/2_clean.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT'd it. The guy adjusted my chain without saying anything so was probably thinking f'ing noob Smile

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well arsebiscuits. The R850R is turning into a bit of a saga. The caliper rebuild kit arrived today so I fitted the seals, put the caliper back together, bled it and all seemed ok. I cleaned the other caliper and removed it to replace the strange bleed nipple with a standard one. Refitted and bled it through (I wanted to change the brake fluid anyway). All was good.

Topped up the reservoir, fitted the cap and checked one final time. Felt a bit soft so I bled the rebuilt caliper again, then the lever locked solid. Very odd. Tried opening the nipple again and the fluid appeared to be contaminated with some blackish gunge. The lever is solid and the return/relief is working just fine on the master cylinder.

I suspect that I have a collapsed brake hose - apparently not uncommon on older BMWs. I'll investigate further tomorrow,

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:06 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£15.20 chavzorst showed up today. Bit of flexi, gloop of silicone, hose clips of awesomeness, bish bosh, proper jaaarb.

https://i.imgur.com/SfbU8PW.jpg

(Now has VHT paint on the flexi for properer jaaarber.)

((If I just put new parts on it, I'll never have to clean it.))

What do you get for £15.20 delivered? Well, you get a perfectly functional end can for a small capacity bike. Baffle in, it's quiet at idle, a bit of burble and burp off the throttle, much of a muchness at full powah. No noticeable loss of torque (yay fuel injection), and much lighter than the stock can. Can't really complain, even if it only lasts one, er, "season".

Now a usurious £17.49
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351978448051
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/topuk2020

Who were genuinely helpful and sent another one out when Royal Fail lost it, no argument at all.

Oh, there was a pair of what appear to be heat resistant gloves in the box. Bonus!

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
£15.20 chavzorst showed up today.

Your worse than Dave for money saving.

The impossible has become possible.

Rogerborg wrote:
((If I just put new parts on it, I'll never have to clean it.))

Nope. Tut Tut

I got my verbal blocking for "clean yer bike" at the shop today so here's yours.

I found myself, at one point, cleaning the wheel with a toothbrush thinking "what have I become?"

I've still got more to go. I'm not the "lets get every nook any cranny" type but lord I've never known a work out like trying to remove crap from every crevice of a big-un.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:30 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
I got my verbal blocking for "clean yer bike" at the shop today so here's yours.

DENIED. It had its MOT at the end of February, it doesn't need a wash for another 11 months.

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/mJ8aJUD.jpg

Mototune style maximum brap run in complete on the XSR. Many kittens have been sacrificed

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:53 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Monkey wrote:
Mototune style maximum brap run in complete on the XSR. Many kittens have been sacrificed

Talk about putting your money where the internet's mouth is. Thumbs Up

Stripped sump plug thread in 3... 2..

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
DENIED. It had its MOT at the end of February, it doesn't need a wash for another 11 months.

Not that this battle of "who does the most winter riding" (I totally had a before picture at the ready) but that's under a month worth of cak? Make it look like summer round here.

Here's my since November build up. Admission time in that I have spent a fair few commutes on the bus for one reason or another.

No more excuses now given that I've got the rubber to mile munch. Not before the old tyres causes a little slip on wet roads on a roundabout this morning on the way attempting to kill me one last time mind.

https://s3.postimg.org/tbby4woeb/IMG_4553.jpg

Just hit me they're both Kwaks. Sorry I didn't go for green nor have matching gear. Crying or Very sad

Looks like you've got the same rider pegs. You had the joy of walking into one and destroying your leg yet? Laughing

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

you both disgust me.

both of mine get a full clean and Polish when they get dusty from sitting in the garage for a month.
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groove wrote:
you both disgust me.

both of mine get a full clean and Polish when they get dusty from sitting in the garage for a month.

I thought about taking one out this afternoon as I was home at 4. it was a bit breezy out though and the car said it was only 10 degrees. 12 is my limit.

edit: was meant to edit my post but many rums after getting home at 4 has left me incapable of simple tasks.
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Northern Monkey wrote:

Talk about putting your money where the internet's mouth is. Thumbs Up

Stripped sump plug thread in 3... 2..

I thought about leaving it with no oil in, then taking the front wheel off and putting it on its side on the path, but eventually decided against it.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groove wrote:
I thought about taking one out this afternoon as I was home at 4. it was a bit breezy out though and the car said it was only 10 degrees. 12 is my limit.

You rode this year? Laughing

I've set my limit, on the big-un, to 5 degree's simply because I had a ride at that temp while it was raining and halfway through I couldn't even feel the controls, no fun at all and probably not advisable or as easy to get away with as it was on a tiddler.

Could get heated grips but I've always, during and after the Arrow, ran with the bare basics.

I probably wouldn't have gone out if it wasn't for the fact I needed to. Did get nice around mid-day but I was way too tired to want to go for a fun ride.

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a few short trips out. I don't find being old enjoyable much any more.

I've done my winters commuting and since having a company car (50k miles last year) I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself to go out on the bike, especially in the cold (and never if it's damp).

sad face.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 241 of 409