Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:27 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
that's under a month worth of cak?

It's about 10 days worth, given that I split between the Tractor and the Racebike while there's salt out. The aerodynamics do seem to suck up a powerful load of muck.

NJD wrote:
Looks like you've got the same rider pegs. You had the joy of walking into one and destroying your leg yet? Laughing

They are a bit stabby. #ntdwi thread.

Ah, I see Sir has bungied has tail bag his pillion pegs. I've gone with cable ties (the two thin black strips) for extra, er, security.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Groove wrote:
I thought about taking one out this afternoon as I was home at 4. it was a bit breezy out though and the car said it was only 10 degrees. 12 is my limit.

You rode this year? Laughing

I've set my limit, on the big-un, to 5 degree's simply because I had a ride at that temp while it was raining and halfway through I couldn't even feel the controls, no fun at all and probably not advisable or as easy to get away with as it was on a tiddler.

Could get heated grips but I've always, during and after the Arrow, ran with the bare basics.

I probably wouldn't have gone out if it wasn't for the fact I needed to. Did get nice around mid-day but I was way too tired to want to go for a fun ride.

6 mile commute right? Same here, around 5 degrees is the time when you start getting numb hands/thinking f**k this. Below that it isn't much fun, except on the tiddler because it felt like it had about 5 more horsepower Very Happy I think I have damaged my finger tips/nerves from riding in the cold tho.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ah, I see Sir has bungied has tail bag his pillion pegs. I've gone with cable ties (the two thin black strips) for extra, er, security.

Other ones wrapped around the underside grab rail and neither have moved while lugging around the 16, 13 and other things so is a winning setup. Electrical tape on the fairings is enough of a visual killer for now.

You got a link to the crash protection?

M.C wrote:
125.. 6 mile commute

Lighter, easier to handle, warms up a lot faster.. probably more suited to such conditions in such mileage.

I'm favouring finding new routes when the weathers nice. Enjoyable to have something than can mile munch and keep up with the traffic with ease.

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

booked one for its MOT and bought another one.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:21 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
You got a link to the crash protection?

On my Ninja? Nope, came with the bike.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The R850R definitely has a collapsed and blocked brake hose. That's a stainless Goodridge replacement ordered.

I suppose I should count myself lucky really, it could have happened when I was braking from speed and that probably wouldn't have ended well at all. Shocked

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

put a new rear tyre on the Beta
https://www.maxxis.co.uk/catalog/tyre-95-maxxcross-it-m7304-m7305

then went out to practice wheelying / hopping /getting over little logs, only to find the throttle jamming open, and the kill switch doing nothing as I was riding through a village Shocked

throttle cable had snagged on something under the little rubber cover doo-dah which had come loose

I
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:52 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/2_123.jpg

Why are you spending so much money on a bike that you clearly don't ride?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Triumph Woburn to see how much new sensors were for the tyre pressure monitoring sensors on my Trophy.

I knew they were sealed units and you have to replace the sensors and take the tyres/wheels off to do it but I thought I'd make them squirm with a shop full of customers. Evil or Very Mad

Me: How much is it to change the batteries on the TPMS sensors on my Trophy?

Assistant: They are sealed units Sir and have to be replaced.

Me: Whatever, the warning says battery low so I want new batteries.

Assistant: Yes Sir but we have to replace the sensor.

Me, nothing wrong with sensor, that works fine, just needs batteries.

and repeat etc. etc.

Assistant: £100 per sensor plus labour Sir

Me in screechy voice: £200 plus labour for two batteries, your having a laugh.

Rinse and repeat Laughing

In the end £150 and no labour just to get me to shut up I think but still a rip off. Anyway I agreed and said they can change the rear tyre free of labour charge when it's in as they have to take it off anyway. Dance!

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
finally something went almost right

Now your chain is no longer colour coordinated with your wheels you should think about cleaning and lubing it every 200 - 400 miles.

Definitely don't use a split link on a 650cc.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:27 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Stripped the carbs off the RD350. Did them last year and it ran great for a while, then next time I wanted to take it out it started on choke but wouldn't run without the choke.

Carbs a hideous mess again.

Cleaned out and taken for a run. Runs great. This time I have drained the carbs when I put the bike away. Not sure it will help, but worth a try

All the best

Katy

Yorkshire Geek
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:34 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed my apparently rather grubby front brake caliper and can't get the damn pistons out - off to the Workshop...

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:38 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkshire Geek wrote:
Removed my apparently rather grubby front brake caliper and can't get the damn pistons out - off to the Workshop...

Connect it back up, quickly bleed it, then pump the pistons out taking care that they both come out at the same rate.

All the best

Katy

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly cleaned the front calipers and pistons with the aid of my new piston pliers.
Replaced the pads, although I could have probably got a good few more miles out of the old ones, I think they were the originals.
Pumped four reservoirs through each caliper to change the fluid, again, I think the old stuff was original.
Gonna leave the brake lever compressed overnight, cos Del says so but man do they feel better already.

Oh yeah, I sprayed the bleed nipples with WD over the last few days to negate snapage.

Last edited by recman on 08:48 - 26 Mar 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Yorkshire Geek
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:42 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Yorkshire Geek wrote:

Connect it back up, quickly bleed it, then pump the pistons out taking care that they both come out at the same rate.

All the best

Katy

In the absence of a better option I'll try that. I think I have an open 2 year old bottle of DOT4 I can sacrifice to the cause.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:52 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the baffle out of the £15.20 chavzorst.

ASBO level get.

Rode like a cad for a full 30 seconds, then spent the rest of the journey to the shops trying to find the quietest throttle setting, mentally apologising to triggered pedestrians and dogs.

Got to shop, put the baffle back in.

[Surrenders Man Card]

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
[Surrenders Man Card]

Skirt wearing nancy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripped the nissin 6 pot calipers, cleaned them, fitted new seals and pads.
Fitted new seals in the Brembo radial m/c then bled the whole thing up.

Feels so much better now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:14 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing Crying or Very sad Plan was to check the valve clearances, but the local place only had blue coolant, looks like the valves et al will have to survive another week. Definitely cleaning and lubing chain tomorrow though, this shitty weather has washed the chain wax right off Shocked Might even have to clean the front sprocket while I am there.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popped a new chain on the YBR.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:40 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous owner of my 600RR track bike didn't know what a rear brake was which I wouldn't mind, but it was completely seized on. The pads were down to the metal and the piston wouldn't move. Luckily the pistons are coated with some non stick stuff, which meant it cleaned up easily but now I have no rear brake pads. At least I can wheel it about now.

Sheesh it was so bad I expect he was losing a good 10bhp from that!

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insured it. MOT'ed it. Taxed it. Changed the oil. Cleaned the chain. Rode it. Bounce!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 242 of 409