Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:30 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
[Surrenders Man Card]

Skirt wearing nancy.

Cock tease.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We decided to go for a ride out today but it was not to be.

The R850R is awaiting a set of Goodridge brake hoses so that's not available.

I've serviced the M750 so that's good to go. That's my OH sorted then.

Right-ho thought I, I'll take the Zephyr for novelty's sake. Rolled it out, primed the carbs, pressed the starter, dead. Battery shows 13v until a load is put on it so high resistance cell, dead battery. Oh well these things happen, make a mental note to get a new one.

Next, roll out the Hornet. Deactivate alarm, press starter, dead. Battery shows 9v. Arse. Add new battery for Hornet to shopping list.

Roll out the M900, turn key, press starter, turns over nicely - it's stood for a few months so it'll take a few turns to prime the carbs. Press starter again, OH points to copious amounts of fuel appearing on the crankcases, ask her to watch to see what's happening, press started and fuel is pissing out of one of the pump hoses - the inlet hose is split wide open. Shocked

So out of 5 bikes, 1 is operational. I could take this personally. Laughing

Plans scrapped, run into town to speak to friendly bike mechanic and come away with two shiny new motobatts. Zephyr and Hornet are now running nicely, the M900 is in the workshop awaiting my attention - I always keep a metre of each type of hose on the shelf so it should be a quick fix.

FML. Laughing

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swapped tires. Rear PR4 has got near the limit in centre, but picked up a lot of deep cuts. Only 7800, was expecting 10! changed it early. The Front PR4 Im saving for next winter, it only been on 2 months and hardly worn, but excellent. Fitted a pair of Racetec's

Also bought a compressor, made it much quicker.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Took the baffle out of the £15.20 chavzorst.

ASBO level get.

Rode like a cad for a full 30 seconds, then spent the rest of the journey to the shops trying to find the quietest throttle setting, mentally apologising to triggered pedestrians and dogs.

Got to shop, put the baffle back in.

[Surrenders Man Card]

I took it out of the chavzorst. Put it back in about a minute later. I leave for work at 5:30AM frequently, and I'd like to keep the level of "neighbours that want to kill me" about where it is.

Chain waxed, tensioned etc, for a nice run out through the Nant-y-Garth and Horseshoe passes today to go to a job. I might even take piccies.

fluxco
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:08 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

not strictly working on the bike, but I did a 3D print of a donut for my helmet

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/IMG_3255_zpsmh8w1kvj.jpg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/IMG_3253_zps6f3tvhoe.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluxco wrote:
3D print

Can do one of Fisty's manhood so at least we get some delivery?

I've no idea what the bet he lost was.

fluxco
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows this for size?

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/IMG_3257_zpsajqvr0xo.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluxco wrote:
hows this for size?

No wonder he's camera shy.

Sod the size it's the arrangement I'm alarmed by.

Either he has one ball and, somehow, the dingaling growing out of it or you missed sex ed classes.

I'll leave you both to sword fight for the correct answer.

Thumbs Up

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:28 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike wouldn't start, battery measured 13v, changed plugs, as quite fouled, bike starts, need to sort mixture as would indicate running rich.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode Honda 50cc to church, wouldn't start afterwards. Pushed it to a friends house 2 streets away, and removed spark plug and cleaned plug and adjusted gap and replaced, after checking for spark and comparing with assorted 2nd hand plugs he had lying around and generally prodded and poked and fiddled it until it did start again.

Think I need to turn the fuel off when I stop, and make sure throttle is shut off when I switch engine off, and probably actually need a new spark plug.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled both bikes out of the garage for a check over.

On the msx - fitted the brake hose adapters so the braided lines don't move around, refitted the headlight, fitted the little windscreen, adjusted the mirrors, decided I don't like the mirrors so might take them off completely, fired it up to check all connectors were plugged in properly.

On the gixer - removed pillion pegs and seat to refit the solo hump, removed the satnav cradle, gave it a bit of a clean over. Tried to fire it up but the battery was so dead the fuel pump wouldn't prime so I left it on trickle charge for a bit.

Both need tyre pressures checked and chain lubed. But I will do that during the week.

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:09 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed clutch cable on DRZ, much lighter pull now but what a ball ache of a job!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:30 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-"fluxed" the Enfield with vinegar and tin foil. Now I smell of chips and paranoia.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrashed the absolute fuck out of it.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:47 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluxco wrote:
not strictly working on the bike, but I did a 3D print of a donut for my helmet

Try turning it round the other way Rolling Eyes

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:51 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folding mirror (£3 from an autojumble) and a bicycle speedo for t'Enfield.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mM3ylBZYHAA/WNfpS0EeenI/AAAAAAAAAdM/kBfjjKKtEPMl3auWGfxX7pWRmlEKpwADwCK4B/s1600/IMG_0649-770949.JPG
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hwi4r96IE9A/WNfpSg165kI/AAAAAAAAAdE/WhA_JlcyINUSms1bicX57pnPP3-xgX00QCK4B/s1600/IMG_0650-770420.JPG
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OchFvuPRYfA/WNfpSqnjLaI/AAAAAAAAAc8/F8YpbXs9r1MiI5CKT4evqfq0tCc9O3EywCK4B/s1600/IMG_0651-769674.JPG
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

fluxco
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repaired a broken tab on the rear fairing with more 3D printed parts

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/IMG_3259_zpsl3yo0hrw.jpg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/IMG_3260_zpsxzv7uior.jpg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/IMG_3261_zpscuohxuux.jpg

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/cheunky/Honda%20NC30/IMG_3272_zps0zfdjz1a.jpg

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:56 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned and adjusted chain. Checked oil level, took apart rear indicator and reseated the lens which was partially knocked out when I dropped the bike on that horrible foggy night last week. Nothing exciting.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:45 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Folding mirror (£3 from an autojumble)

How are you finding that? I had a vaguely similar set a while back, but they were so vibey that they went into the Box of Pretend I Never Bought It.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 27 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
De-"fluxed" the Enfield with vinegar and tin foil. Now I smell of chips and paranoia.

Vinegar a necessity or a performance improvement? I thought the tinfoil thing worked with just a bit of water. Have you noticed a difference between malt, cider, balsmic etc?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:37 - 27 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Vinegar a necessity or a performance improvement? I thought the tinfoil thing worked with just a bit of water. Have you noticed a difference between malt, cider, balsmic etc?

It's to reduce (SCIENCE, BITCHES) the oxidation. Any exposed red oxide turns black pretty much instantaneously.

I only use Morrisons very best prole-budget generic brownish malt, then give it a good rinse down afterwards.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:09 - 27 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Folding mirror (£3 from an autojumble)

How are you finding that? I had a vaguely similar set a while back, but they were so vibey that they went into the Box of Pretend I Never Bought It.

Happy at three quid Smile I now no longer have to do Linda Blair impressions when joining dual carriageways, and it gives me a few more precious inches width in the garage. As with all of my previous Enfields, the vibes mean that you can't tell what type of car is behind you, but you can tell whether there is one or not, and how quickly it is approaching.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 27 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

During a spirited ride to properly test the front brakes, I stopped to see if there was any binding.
Discs were easily touchable so all was well, however the rear disc was like touching a bloody iron*.
So I gave the caliper a good wiggle and set off home.
A good all round scrub, liberal application of copper grease and fresh fluid has it sorted.

*not the Graham Norton type.

asta1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:49 - 27 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday the bike got cleaned, clutch free play adjusted and the coolant topped up. I also cleaned my stupid chain again.

Today I commuted to work and back. Bike is dirty, but it was warm, sunny and I had an excellent time filtering through 6 miles of stopped traffic (M42 was closed for a bit) grinning smugly at frustrated car-ists and chuckling to myself the whole way. Fun times.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 243 of 409