Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 265, 266, 267 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

After it burping it's coolant system today, I flushed the coolant, again. Lots of nasties. Ran "council pop" through it until it ran clear and no shite followed through.

If it was worth saving, I'd change out the rad, may still do if I spot one cheap, but it'll do for work and back.

taybagger
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
Last night I had an after work tinker session and fitted ais block off plates and a LeoVince 3/4 exhaust system, the ais plates and de-cat were used which saved some cash and the pipe is already ceramic coated Cool might get the headers done to match one day.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/HjTyZC.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/924/cFlFiz.jpg

The baffle is in the usual place, a draw in my toolbox Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up Looks stunning!

First Bike - K4 Suzuki SV650 S

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on the bike but for the bike

https://s16.postimg.org/dz5szm9h1/IMG_5956.jpg

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRF250L, refitted the luggage rack after removing the ammo box, and put kreiga dri pack back on it

typical, I've lost some bolts and a spacer, so got a my box of odds and sods out, and it's on but nothing matches, and I'm missing a spacer Rolling Eyes

replaced a lost hex bolt with a normal bolt on the exhaust heat shield down by the right foot peg

replaced kriega haul loop to front of bike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken a deposit on the 125... new bike day getting closer Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought I'd finished the bandit, changed the oil, old oil was very thin

replaced rear brake cylinder kit and bled brake, fitted battery and stand spring, so its all in one piece Cool

hit the starter and it makes half an effort and won't run for long, should have cleaned the carbs, it's been stood 8 years and its barely getting warm on 1 and 2,

remove tank, it's very light considering I put a gallon of juice in it last weekend, penny drops, diaphragm on tap is iffy and fuel has drained through into the oil, that's why it was thin

going backwards again, have ordered diaphragm, also silencer clamp is for the Beowulf link pipe not the standard exhaust so it's too small, and there is no stand stop rubber, 5 mins on ebay and they're in the post

have stripped bike enough to start removing carbs....

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:54 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit the bullet - Ordered a new carb (chinese copy) and a rebuild kit for the genuine keihin one on it. It died at a junction, yet again, and wouldn't fire back up.

Run the chinese carb while rebuilding the genuine one. It's parked until that carb arrives, sick of pushing it home.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:26 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this.
https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/torty_2008/DSC_0001_zpshvn0mduk.jpghttps://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/torty_2008/DSC_0014_zps9u0g2gbj.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:43 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRLs stopped working. Checked and traced to the isolator relay (the one I wired in to turn them off when the headlight is on, as the DRLs are too bright at night) Of course the relay was a Chinese one which I used when I fitted the DRLs, and now I have fitted a good one.

Also fitted a new pilot light bulb; the one in there was a spare panel light bulb (only 2.2w) now I have a 5w one. Why have one you might think when I have the bright DRLs on the bike? My opinion is that the basic lighting system must all be in working order. Re the DRLS, MOT man said no problem with them but he did check the pilot light along with all the other lights in the test. (back then the pilot was 5w but it blew a couple of weeks ago and I could only lay my hands on a panel bulb)

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed a 12v/USB charger for my upcoming trip to Ireland.

https://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah94/petebill14/20170712_141349_zpsuq7waqct.jpg

https://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah94/petebill14/20170712_141256_zps2svhepgs.jpg

https://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah94/petebill14/20170712_154251_zpsxbvoggz8.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:54 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coasted slowly to a halt after the Enfield throttle cable let go right at the nipple. Amal carb, another top quality British Made part, I expect.

+1 for AutoAid. Van Monkey was there within 30 minutes, quick recovery, no up front fees any more, bike was securely tied down and there was even a screen to watch it on.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:58 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

... heard the idiotically designed needle clip from my British made Amal carb ting as it sprang loose and hit the garage floor, then spent the best part of an hour crawling around searching for it. I eventually found it a physically impossible distance away from the ting-down site, on the far side of the bike, balanced edge on and practically invisible.

The temptation to throw the stock Indo-Chinese carb back on is fairly strong at this point.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:08 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
+1 for AutoAid. Van Monkey was there within 30 minutes, quick recovery, no up front fees any more, bike was securely tied down and there was even a screen to watch it on.

After waiting nearly 5 hours between my initial call to the RAC and arriving at home, I'm almost tempted to get Autoaid cover as well - I won't care who turns up first Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:12 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some time ago I (foolishly) bought a Chinese headlamp assembly from the bay. At £20 I thought it was good value, ooh, nice and shiny, this should be better than the smaller Stanley mix-match of headlamp which was originally fitted to my lovely grey import. The new lamp was better (how the original passed the MOT God knows, although how the new one did too, also known only to God)

Well, after about a year the lens has lost its lustre and has started to craze and the beam pattern is sh1t. So I have got myself a used Bros lens/reflactor unit, and it is now fitted. What a difference. I had fitted a 60/55 to the Chinky unit to get a better light but it was only brighter but no better a pattern. This one is excellent, reminds me of my Reveres (same light) which were quite good on my nightly return to Oxford from LHR at lots of leptons. So now I can go out at night and get round the bends without staining my underpants.

Some small mods were necessary to fit the Bros unit, spacers for the top & bottom mounts, removal of the silly adjuster assembly from the Chinese rim and a stay made up to keep the unit rigid within the rim. A retaining clip was made for the top, and a nice polished SS M6 buttonhead screw to retain the clip and to slot the tab into at the top of the rim. All nicely tightened up and happy with the result. Considering that a brand new one retails at abolut £150, this one (reflector perfect) was only £16. I am chuffed.

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

got 6 out of 8 exhaust studs out in one piece.. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

bought a few more bits n bobs for the gpz

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried welding nuts to the broken studs. One simply snapped flush with the head and the other couldn't get decent penetration.

Looks like I'm going to have to drill the barstewards Sad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:03 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pompousporcupine wrote:
barstewards

Note spelling above.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pompousporcupine wrote:
Tried welding nuts to the broken studs. One simply snapped flush with the head and the other couldn't get decent penetration.

Looks like I'm going to have to drill the barstewards Sad

Ive got one flush to the head at the moment I need to sort. For the sake of a a couple of quid off ebay I'm going to give this a go before I get risky with a drill and an aluminium head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqZYgReuywM

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
... heard the idiotically designed needle clip from my British made Amal carb ting as it sprang loose and hit the garage floor, then spent the best part of an hour crawling around searching for it.

The correct term for that item, and many others like it, is a "ping-fucket". I believe if you go into any parts supplier, that's what you ask for if you can't find it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

jakebrownbass
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:52 - 16 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to give the harpic a go on the old pipes.

Got to say I'm impressed.

Sponged on, left for 30 minutes. Washed off. Finished off with 30 second polish with autosol.

No pictures because Photobucket & mobile.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakebrownbass wrote:

Yawn, Poor excuse!

https://postimages.org/ easy to use on mobile.

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:43 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the workshop post:

Fixed my broken exhaust stud problem Very Happy i am proud of myself.

Picture proof
https://s19.postimg.org/ogdhcljfn/IMAG3918.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/kmomh6rhf/IMAG3919.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/qow97ofxf/IMAG3922.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/53r6k2j6r/IMAG3925.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/3xn6l9uw3/IMAG3931.jpg

jakebrownbass
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 08:58 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
jakebrownbass wrote:

Yawn, Poor excuse!

https://postimages.org/ easy to use on mobile.

Rolling Eyes

https://s21.postimg.org/jirodim5j/Full_Size_Render.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:19 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dug Penelope Pitstop out from 6" of dust and crap in the corner of my garage and wheeled her onto the drive.

I have no idea how long it has been since I took her out or even started her. She's been sorn at least since 2013 when the tax expired.

Brakes were OK, not seized Thumbs Up , Front tyre was low, about 5 psi. pumped up Thumbs Up

Battery totally fucked so removed and a car battery jumped onto the bike. Fuel pump noise, dash lights, turning over and fired. Pretty rough and missing a bit but it's old fuel. Will get some new tomorrow and fire it up properly.Dance!

Then I've got to decide what to do with the old girl as I need the space.

https://s5.postimg.org/4jew1uhkn/IMG_0733.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 265, 266, 267 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 266 of 409