Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 301, 302, 303 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

New rear tyre on the KTM, Pilot Power. Tried to fit the wheel the way I took it off, can't get it back together, the rear pads just keep coming out of the caliper and swinging about on the retaining pin Embarassed Must be doing something daft.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did do replace front pads as they were too low. Have not managed to swap the spare calipers yet but they are now clean assembled and ready to fit.

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday i did put 350mm delkevic cans on my gpz900r. the change in sound is great! Cool Cool Twisted Evil It's not asbo loud like the 225 cans were on my old 500r.. they have a nice deep growl and burbly idle but once on cam they start to scream something fierce. Best £230 i've spent on this bike yet.

I also put a new number plate on and cut down the rear mudguard which makes the rear end A LOT cleaner.. it also means i can remove the rear wheel much more easily. Doing this meant i had to removed the number plate light so i have fabrimacobled a 45deg plate bracket and fitted an LED in place of the old bulb.

Next job is to polish everything to a shine.

On a sadder note, i put my Thundercat up for sale. The most reliable bike i've owned.. i will be sad to see it go

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold it. Less than 24 hours from posting to the bloke riding away.

Ive sold a couple of bikes already but I am genuinely sad to see the little Yamaha go. It taught me a lot about riding. Silver lining is now I have space for my other 900r project in the garage.

Gpz900r got a wash.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebuilt the 6 pots again as they decide to shit their seals again . So for the next 5 minutes I will have good brakes Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
Katy came over, fitted a new rear shock and cleaned up the front brake on the GPZ for the MoT.

And fed me cake. I am not even feeling guilty. Thumbs Up

She's alive! Tell her I'm sorry and that I (genuinely) miss our debates Wub

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part won racetec arrived, which I will fit tomorrow after doing the brakes.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/yMYAAOSwOxNay6iG/s-l1600.jpg

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode it for the first time. 70 ish miles done. New tyres scrubbed in. Am amazed how easy a modern bike is to get on with. Light controls, stable, sweet gearbox. .140bhp doesn't mean scary. Compared to my old 500 twin .... This goes like stink in any gear.

Definitely bought the right bike.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted exhaust to where I'm happy it won't blow or heat anything up it shouldn't. Slapped lots of VHT onto it. A few gentle heat cycles to start it curing.
Fixed the rear light that someone smashed/ran into while I was in Town the other day.
Touched up some rust spots.
Wiped excess road crap off.
Chain had a clean, lube & tension.
Caliper parts arrived, so that'll get stripped down next weekend, cleaned, new seals and put back together with new SBS pads.

mrmistoffelee...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned it,

Home > Helmsley> Pickering> Whitby realised as i got into Whitby I'd knocked the idle adjuster when cleaning it. Spent ten minutes googling where the adjuster was. adjusted idle back to normal. cup of tea and a fag. > home.

Cleaned it. spat flies out of my mouth.

I likes the new bike, much nicer than the VFR

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:42 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well todays been an eventful day... Bikes nearly ready to go on the road now...

Anyway today i took off and totally cleaned up the back calliper and placed new pads in... it had seized and was binding rather badly to the back disk.

Reattached and bled them in... The new pads do need to bed in a little but outside that theyre al good... I now have a fairly free moving back wheel. Which is a relief as I also feared it could have been the bearings.

Just pushing the bike form where i was storing it to the front of the house nearly gave me a heart attack. That was about 15 meters over grass...

Also the back tyre seems to have a slow puncture. The back tyre also has a bit of a flat edge in the middle... and the tread is about 1.7mm... I cant afford a new set right now so ill carry on with these for the moment. But I will get a new set. Maybe mid to late summer...

Also while working on it, we "dad" saw the back wheel was also out o alignment... this caused a little wear on the back sprocket. Straightening that up now...

So yeah been a good productive day...
Double checked the head socket... it didnt feel like there was any free play to me.. so i think. Thats it... No more work needs doing to the bike. Ill give it a clean up tomorrow and i guess this week get the tax and insurance sorted and go for a ride.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted a new horn. It was mainly for cosmetic value, the old one worked ok its just that it was quite rusty.
I got the new one from a friend who'd bought it ages ago for his wife's motor but never got round to fitting it.
It's loud as fvck, resembles one of these...
https://s9.postimg.cc/kz0gu6nfz/TB2_Fb_XSap_XXXXa_LXXXXXXXXXXXX_382040307.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://s20.postimg.cc/57xrjq3l9/IMG_20180414_195249.jpg

HappyDays
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:23 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

fitted new mirrors and a Black Widow Exhaust.
https://youtu.be/pNn7WfVyGBg

Last edited by HappyDays on 22:14 - 14 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Rebuilt the 6 pots again

kramdra wrote:

Fucking showoff with your freely moving pistons Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger Laughing

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mot’d the X5, no issues. Nice to ride a 2t that isn’t a premix swilling fuckpig that only works properly when accelerating.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day I'll have one of those again: an auto lube 2stroke that's totally bog standard and reliable of sorts those were happy days!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
wr6133 wrote:
Rebuilt the 6 pots again

kramdra wrote:

Fucking showoff with your freely moving pistons Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger Laughing

Very Happy

Interested to know why tokico 6 pots have this problem, seems common, caused by corrosion? Do they have annodising on the calliper bores?

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:48 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned it, that's twice this year!

Reset all suspenders back to stocking settings. Seems Honda knew what they were doing and bike magazines know jack shit. It feels so much easier to ride, can't believe the difference half a turn looser of rebound has made such a difference.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:05 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:

Interested to know why tokico 6 pots have this problem, seems common, caused by corrosion? Do they have annodising on the calliper bores?

Bores are not anodised so they fur up fast. If you split one and sit it side by side by a split nissin 4 pot the seats for the seals on the tokico appear to be shallower which I'm convinced also makes a difference. Even with thorough, regular cleaning it's just an annoying waiting game for them to shit a seal or for a piston to stick.

It's not just the 6 pots, the Tokico 4 pots on my ZZR (and most 90's Kwak's) are also utter shit. On my previous ZZR I got so sick of rebuilding I actually replaced them with Nissins. I'll probably end up doing that to my current ZZR and the GSXR.

I've concluded if a caliper has Tokico written on it then it's shit.

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:05 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted a cbr600rr mosfet RR to the SV and replaced a bunch of melted connections. RR now goes straight to the battery with a fuse.

https://puu.sh/A32t2.jpg

A bit neater

https://puu.sh/A32sS.jpg

So far so good, just going to have a few long rides and monitor voltage before I feel like I can trust it again!

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cold and wet so nothing done today except from starting up my Suzuki and checking the lights, indicators, horn and tyre pressures.

Bike all ready to use for next week.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:22 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to wash the insides and then put the fairing back on my bike today... But forcast said rain... And theres not been a single drop... BC cheated me D:

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted new spark plugs, the old plugs didn't look too bad but they were the original ones so it's about time.
A considerable faf, lots of bits and pieces to get off before the old plugs came out.
First time I'd done bike plugs so it took a while, also the first time I'd had to unscrew the little silver contact cap.
Didn't know that until one of the old plugs came out.
Can't reassemble yet because the air filter needs chucking.
https://s17.postimg.cc/y44qnd9rz/20180415_144641.jpg

https://s17.postimg.cc/ht4mr2cpr/20180415_145540.jpg

https://s17.postimg.cc/b1e7os0r3/20180415_150215.jpg

https://s17.postimg.cc/y44qnjwz3/IMG-20180415-_WA0002.jpg

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided not to go to Brands for the BSB,so cleaned the KTM more thoroughly,especially the front of the exhaust,which catches much of the dirt thrown up off the front wheel

https://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Workshop/20180414_134442_zpsndcf3bmn.jpg~original
https://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Workshop/20180414_173921_zpsbqlurh2x.jpg~original
https://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Workshop/20180414_173908_zpskllls2ql.jpg~original

It had been suggested on A.N.Other website to clean stainless or titanium exhausts with Harpic x10 cleaner and to apply it with a toothbrush before finishing with Solvol chrome cleaner.It mostly worked,but it is only going to get dirty again the next time I hit the Byways,so I will not bother with the chrome cleaner Thumbs Up

Always have a 'Plan B'
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 301, 302, 303 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 302 of 409