Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:39 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the ZX6R for it’s MOT and a service today.
It passed with no advisory’s Smile

The good people lent me a new 650 ‘Ninja’ and that was nice.
Good engine, good exhaust, lots of mid range , crappy hard seat.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at the TT Crying or Very sad

But I did TTTTTT

Tankfull.
Two Tyres.
Tarbet.
Tyndrum.
Tea.

Cool

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuck on some tank grips.
https://s15.postimg.cc/q8tcszf0r/20180606_182334.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a little bracket to hold the ballast for the LED H4 headlight bulb, for such a bulky looking bike there is no room to put stuff.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:25 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Tried to fix my slipping Oxford hot grip on the KTM.

Not much contact adhesive used here:

I didn't use any on the Z1000 when i fitted these, no room for glue it was such a tight fit and by the time i'd twisted them into place it was clear they are never going to move again. At least not when it's ridden by me.

Also fitted a radiator guard and a Scottoiler - both fairings off AGAIN. Getting quite proficient at this!!!

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ER6 calipers finished, refitted and bled.
Deauville No.3 lock replaced on top box, left hand heated grip removed.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered the Mt09 (2016) a new rear shock, went with a Ktech Razor R, should be sweet and get rid of the rear pogo stick! Watch this space..

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
Ordered the Mt09 (2016) a new rear shock, went with a Ktech Razor R, should be sweet and get rid of the rear pogo stick! Watch this space..

You had to replace a two year old shock? Was it fubared or just inadequate?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
bacon wrote:

You had to replace a two year old shock? Was it fubared or just inadequate?

I didn't have to, no. MT09 suspension isn't known for being the best, generally it's massively under damped as well as being too softly sprung on the front, too hard on the rear (for my weight). So the rear is rather pogo stick like over bigger bumps.

Resale value of the shock will be pretty good come the day I get rid of the bike so no issue there.

I figured why not have something built for my weight and flog it on when i sell the bike for not much overall expense Thumbs Up

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragged the life out my bike today. Loved every second of it.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to wrapping the downpipe and popping a cheapo heat guard on. Still have to rub down and paint the silencer though.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34841714_10156436579016484_3737931551199985664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=064bac9bfac1813e81e529d13a68f2e6&oe=5BC286FF
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put rebuilt can on. Less offensive, not likely to get me nicked. Seemed to have regained some scavenging/backpressure.
Put some 800c VHT paint on the downpipe - let's see if this stuff works. More of a test run, shitty downpipe isn't staying,

Swapped out front indicators. Colleague said he had trouble seeing them the other morning.

Ordered some mild steel for the zorst. Will bend it up myself and get work to weld a collar on. Idea is to cover it with VHT paint it from day 1, hence the above test.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put 14 PSIs of our atmosphere in the tires.
Blast is on for tomorrow. Cool

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been getting hand aches/pain from the reduced padding in summer gloves, so swapped my bars back to standard clipons rather than the cnc type - they look better but increase angle/less clearance on brake master.

Dont like the design of honda bar weights so ripped them out and turned some new ones on the lathe. They will protect the bars better, standard ones snap off die cast alu has no place in bike protections... Or controls/levers.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took the CB250 in for an MOT, passed...

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wash, blow dry and put away for another day.
Left shoulder and neck still not right after my tumble.

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

VFR water pump gasket failed, she was doing little funny coloured weewee puddles on the workshop floor bless her.

Nice sunny afternoon job. Side mounted radiators are a pain in the knackers to burp though, found over the years the best way to do it is drop her down on her left side onto your knee almost to the floor and jiggle. Which is fun seeing as the lardy cow is nearly a quarter of a ton.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swapped out a brake disc, cleaned calipers, sanded pads flat (grooved disc and pads), also decided to give the bike a decent wash (second in the 2+ years I've owned the ninja), treated it to a sap/bug/tar/oil removal and even decided to polish it (a first for this bike)..... now for the past 4 weeks all but one day has been sunny and warm, I've even got some sunburn from working on the bike today..... I've got everything coated in polish, manage to shine up half the tank and the sky clouds up as quick as some dodgy sci-fi movie and the heavens open Evil or Very Mad

F**k it, the bike is never getting washed again Evil or Very Mad

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:40 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took it for it's MOT passed with an advisory that the front discs are worn which are already on my list to replace if I keep the bike. Been eyeing up a Honda Blackbird to replace it

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[shop_mechanic]New Chain & Sprockets[/shop_mechanic]

D.I.D, yo. Gave me wood when I saw it for the first time; highly doubt it will stay clean for long though.

Smoother but didn't get to test how much faster because chains because work; sad face.

Something about going back in 100 miles. Cost lot of monies but happy.

https://s15.postimg.cc/62ymp8ltn/C_SP.jpg

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 11 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attacked top joint on exhaust after blowing out the gun-gum in it.

Shimmed the gap between the downpipe and the flex with 1mm Alu sheet and half a can of lager cut into strips. Shoved some decent foundry fireputty over the shim, shoved the flex over that and up to a Mikalor clamp on the downpipe, cranked it down with another clamp and slapped fireputty all over the joint between the two. Painted with a couple layers of VHT black, curing by running it up to heat between layers, to stop moisture getting at the putty.

It'll do until I get the time/facilities bend up some mild and make a proper pipe for it. Initial results are that the German MipaTherm VHT black seems to be far, far better than Stove black. You'll get high as fuck applying it though, it stinks to high heaven.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 11 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted this.

First ride on it tomorrow Thumbs Up

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:31 - 12 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took it all apart to diagnose loud noise.
Cam chain issues.
Bugger.

Cadbury
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:39 - 12 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a puncture Sad plugged it Very Happy
Never had to actually use my repair kit before, but was easy peasy. Was hoping to get a bit more out of the tyre before replacing, as it's just starting to square a little, but will end up doing it sooner now.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally went in to buy a new pinlock insert for the original lid ............. but you know how that goes when there are shiny new things around.

After 5 years with the old one, tried on a load in the shop and as ever, the more expensive one was a better fit. Hey ho. Shoei Xspirit 3 and after the XR1100 .... it's such a quieter ride. Easy to use vents, a double mouth vent ( great for clearing glasses) and it came with chin vest, spoiler and breath guard ... 15% IAM discount to boot.

Seeing as I've used the Sena bluetooth precisely ZERO times in the time I've had it, removed it, boxed it up and thrown it onto Fleabay.

Shameless plug for the usual good service @ Bikestop in Stevenage.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 280 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 312 of 409