Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:21 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned, pictures taken and Ebay AD online up. Time to say goodbye to the GSXR.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not today, but last week I installed these to the MT09, along with some Ktech Springs.

Handles rather well now! Absolutely love this bike.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the CF650 finally let me down last Monday when the clutch cable snapped. Anyhow, 1 that fits a KAWASAKI ER-6 N D9F (ABS) 09, and is less than 1/2 the price of ordering a genuine 1, even direct from China !! Anyhow, workmand other things have got in the way, but today I swapped it over. Now, I can really see the downside of a faired bike !! lol

Anyhow, cable replaced, and it works perfectly Thumbs Up

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:45 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Well, the CF650 finally let me down last Monday when the clutch cable snapped. Anyhow, 1 that fits a KAWASAKI ER-6 N D9F (ABS) 09, and is less than 1/2 the price of ordering a genuine 1, even direct from China !! Anyhow, workmand other things have got in the way, but today I swapped it over. Now, I can really see the downside of a faired bike !! lol

Anyhow, cable replaced, and it works perfectly Thumbs Up

Didn't you just tie it to the old cable and pull it through that way?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:11 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that, but no, some of the guides/loops were too tight to just pull it through. Anyhow, all done now

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

VFR -
Shouted at sellers that cannot comprehend they've sent me the wrong fucking reg/rec's, despite multiple clear pictures showing the difference.
Wired in phone mount/charger, but it'll need to move, not happy with it.
Quick wash, polish, wax.
Chain clean & lube, no need to tension.

125 -
Chain tension and lube.
Shimmed, added fireclay and wrapped exhaust.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

New air filter, new clutch, + I'm going to be resealing the engine with fresh paper gaskets.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 11 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

VFR -
Oil and Filter change.
Chain lube.
Let the child remove many, many years of chain fling from rear suspension.
Gave it a proper wash & wax, doubt she'll get any better now, and at the end of the day, she's an old girl now. Child loved this bit, so she's got a new job for pocket money now.
Decided to change pads all round on Payday.
More telling sellers I don't care about the profit margins they have, the parts are fucking wrong, I want a refund.

125 -
It was losing petrol when stood. Checked cap, that seems to seal fine, so the tap was suspect. - Fuel-proof RTV for now, and if it stops, we'll put a new tap in, and clean the tank while we're at it.
Decided to keep it, it's slow, ugly, and attracts massive pisstaking, but it's sodding reliable and in comparison to the VFR, runs on fumes. Also massive fun to chuck around and take liberties within corners.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 11 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSXR400 - Did a baseline run on the dyno pre fitting the Factory Pro jet kit and K&N filters. Not sure how fit the engine was as the bike hasn't any history but i'm sure the engine isn't the original and it does breathe a bit when thrashed under track conditions.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1835/43077577555_e0d6e2ccfb_b.jpg

56bhp RWBHP, nice output considering it's a track bitch and it's currently running a completely standard exhaust and intake setup.

It's currently running a loaned set of SP carbs as i had a lot of issues with the bike earlier in the year. We fitted the jet kit and filters to my rebuilt SP carbs so we could swop carbs and test back to back.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/936/42174141270_c4d3e687d1_b.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1811/43934822892_6420d22a5f_b.jpg

Unfortunately the evening's dyno testing went to shit after the carbs were swopped. It was a struggle to get it started and when it did run it was, in all honesty, complete shit. We had various theories that the slides weren't reacting quickly enough (the kit comes with new springs), the best we managed was a struggle to 49 RWBHP. I stuck it back in the van, thoroughly pissed off that my expensive jet kit and filter set up was as much use as tits on a fish. As i had proven the engine in standard trim was putting out good power I was hoping for a big increase.

After sleeping on the issue I changed tack, and stuck the jet kit and filters on the loaned carbs the bike had been running with. Suddenly everything got better, it started and idled immediatly and was super crisp.

(Flickr video below)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/928/43934825632_dbd72e4fb7_b.jpg

Having ridden it i can confidently say we are moving in the right direction, low end response i would say is superior to the original airbox setup, which i didn't expect. You can open the taps at 4k in top and it responds fine, i would of expected it to bog down and then gone better at the top end. Above 9k the carburation needs work so it's back on the dyno to see which way we need to go with the overall jetting. I also want to get a more open exhaust back on it if possible.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 11 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://s20.postimg.cc/r6en0qkgd/WP_20180808_15_14_28_Rich.jpg

Bit of cross stitching with cable ties Embarassed

though the back end is no longer a bodge, wouldn't feel like my dirt bike without some cable tie bodge somewhere
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relocated the rectifier on the gixer from behind the radiator to the side by the fairings, it should get a little more airflow through there and not fry itself. Hopefully!

Also fitted the tank mount for a Givi tanklock bag which looks pretty smart but might get in the way. I will give it a test ride and see how I feel about it.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late oil change and swapped rear tire for a Roadtec 01. Both had done 10,300 miles, PR4 had 1mm left. My last pr4 did less and was down to the cord.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 13 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the nineja mot'd and the 500 as well

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 13 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my 35 year old project bike for it's MOT, it passed, no advisories! Mr. Green

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 13 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

New rear tyre fitted on the 990, trying a Michelin Pilot Road 2 this time, instead of a Sport. I got around 2700 miles from the Sport which I'm happy with as most of that was touring which it wasn't meant for really, so ended up quite squared off. Thinking a Sport front and a Road rear might work well.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it recovered.

Spat of an oil line from the cooler that some twunt had bodged with a jubilee clip and I'd missed when going over her.

Think I caught her before anything really nasty occurred, oil light came on just as I turned off the ignition. Won't know until I drop what's left of the oil (just changed it at weekend as well, sods law) and bung some new stuff in, see if it's making nasty/new noises, or any shiny bits/chunks in the old stuff.

Assuming all is fine, I'll get the local hydraulics place to make some lines up, as I can't find any for sale.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Had it recovered.

Spat of an oil line from the cooler that some twunt had bodged with a jubilee clip and I'd missed when going over her.

Think I caught her before anything really nasty occurred, oil light came on just as I turned off the ignition. Won't know until I drop what's left of the oil (just changed it at weekend as well, sods law) and bung some new stuff in, see if it's making nasty/new noises, or any shiny bits/chunks in the old stuff.

Assuming all is fine, I'll get the local hydraulics place to make some lines up, as I can't find any for sale.

It'll be fine, it was just letting you know the oil needed changing.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

She passed 100k.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 15 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Had it recovered.

It'll be fine, it was just letting you know the oil needed changing.

In a dose of Irony, I changed it at the weekend... at least it was clean oil I chucked all over the road.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 16 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the bike. Garage often gets a puddle near the front on wetter days. It has been worse recently. Got the cordless grinder out, diamond blade and cut a drainage channel from the centre of the deepest bit, and also where I think the leak starts, to the outside.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 16 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chucked all the chains and disc locks on them. Little bastards were trying to get them an hour ago. They would be in for a shock - 125 is slow as fuck, and neither VFR has any oil in it at the moment. Thick little bastards took 15 mins to get a chain open.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done the oil and filter, and the front brake pads on the ZZR11
Good start to a weekend. Chain oiler tomorrow.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

59 plate Deauville

Shock removed from swingarm by man in a shed.
HyperPro lowering block fitted by a man in a shed along with new bearing, seals and bush pressed in.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/20180817_174006_resized.jpg

Should lower the bike far enough for even Courier265 to ride Wink

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
59 plate Deauville

Shock removed from swingarm by man in a shed.
HyperPro lowering block fitted by a man in a shed along with new bearing, seals and bush pressed in.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/20180817_174006_resized.jpg

Should lower the bike far enough for even Courier265 to ride Wink

How much did you lower it by? I tip toe my 650, but I'd be worried about ground clearance if I was to lower it. I got the exhaust to scrape today (Motad replacement), not sure if it sits lower than the stock one!

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
How much did you lower it by? I tip toe my 650, but I'd be worried about ground clearance if I was to lower it. I got the exhaust to scrape today (Motad replacement), not sure if it sits lower than the stock one!

That will lower to by 30-35mm on its own but can of course have the preload upped if needed but the 59 plate is for Lozzy not me.

Its easy to ground a Motad on a 650, don't worry about it. Have you dropped the pre-load on yours, its very easy to do?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 225 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 319 of 409