Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 10 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:

2 hours start to finish Thumbs Up

That's a lot faster than I could do it. Welds look good too. Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:05 - 11 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

sulphur wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

Once those stickers get removed and I replace those tyres, it should be a hoot. It was a spur of the moment bid as I'm 4500 miles away... Laughing but it was cheaper than an MSX I was looking at.

I quite like the stickers tbh, also heard the original tyres are like plastic.
Thoughts on this compared to the MSX? Thinking of one for commuting into Manchester. Traffic is getting disgusting now, eating time fighting my way home.

Tyres being swapped to sticky ones/ones that look well sick bruv.

Stickers make it look tacky as fuck. I'm 31, not 17 Laughing I have no idea on what its like to ride. I haven't even picked it up yet, that is a job for tomorrow. Crying or Very sad 260 miles each way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sulphur
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:23 - 11 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Tyres being swapped to sticky ones/ones that look well sick bruv.

Stickers make it look tacky as fuck. I'm 31, not 17 Laughing I have no idea on what its like to ride. I haven't even picked it up yet, that is a job for tomorrow. Crying or Very sad 260 miles each way.

Must’ve been a proper bargain to justify the road trip. Interested to hear your thoughts on it, I’m 33 myself so real curious how a “mini bike” would feel. Seems ideal for what I want out of it though. Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 11 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode mine to work, in the drizzle, which is something I am usually loathe to do, however, there are extensive roadworks happening in my employer's area which is making exiting the carpark an absolute nightmare.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 11 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't find hand-guards for the CBF -- ones that will suit the weighted bar ends -- so bodged some lever guards out of a pair of old Oxford hand-guards to cure some boredom.

No idea if will stay together. Feel temporarily clever. Laughing

https://i.postimg.cc/W13yrb6p/20191011-183824.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/gj7ZTD5T/20191011-183832.jpg

slowside
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold it.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:52 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

sulphur wrote:
Must’ve been a proper bargain to justify the road trip. Interested to hear your thoughts on it, I’m 33 myself so real curious how a “mini bike” would feel. Seems ideal for what I want out of it though. Laughing

Just got back from collecting. £60 fuel doing 521 miles, wasn't bad.

Was £1600, first owner was him, its 3 months old. Has Pipe Werx exhaust on it, been slightly overdone with stickers but sorting that now. Few little bits like temp gauge, USBs and chargin socket etc but its all coming off, being put through relays etc.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found puncture in rear, was completely flat. Tyre doesnt have much left so used a string,that will do until I replace it soon.

Took 8 worn tyres to dump. The guy said 4 quid each, or goto kwik fit around the corner. Kwickfit happy to take them for nothing. Will have another 5 to go soon!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signalled that I was turning and my knob got stuck Shocked Must be sticky because it hasn't been used for a while.

I stopped and jiggled it for a bit and now my knob flops back and forth as it should Laughing

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 12 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I put a new stator into the stator cover of my XBR. It's a Made in Britain unit, so it required some modifications to be done. Definitely not a quick swap item Middle Finger . Then a friend of mine put new ends on my wires (he's got fancy pliers for the job), as the stator came without plugs. Tomorrow, I'm putting everything back together, hoping it'll work. Thumbs Up

EDIT: Rewinding the old stator would cost me more, than a brand new unit. However now seeing how cheaply is the new British unit put together, I should have paid a local lad to rewind it. Thinking

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_20191012_164518.jpg

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_20191012_191702.jpg

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_20191012_200800.jpg

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 13 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I’ve done -

Bugger all bike wise. It’s pissing it down.
I’m still planning my Monster’s refresh though - does that count?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 13 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold it.

Rat has gone to a new home.

Paddy - what's that TNT like. Found one locally that seems very cheap for a new-ish bike. May buy for shits and giggles or to flip if it's any good.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:00 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Paddy - what's that TNT like. Found one locally that seems very cheap for a new-ish bike. May buy for shits and giggles or to flip if it's any good.

Not ridden yet, for a 3 month old bike it's been fiddled with a lot. Right now the quick action throttle is a cruise control item as it's too big for the housing so I'm sorting that. Suspension is budget obviously, it's 11hp so nothing great but it's an oddity and is why I bought it.

I reckon 9-12 months of use before selling

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

New tyres.

Took the Death Wings off and put trusty BT023s on.

Just need some dry weater to properly scrub them in.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assembled the alternator of my big single last night, almost overslept today (I wake up at 5:05 to go to work), but it's done! It took me crap loads of time to clean the old gasket off, I wanted to make sure it won't leak. I hope it doesn't. After that, I did the starter clutch assembly, which took me three tries to do it, as I somewhat kept putting one of the ''screw lead tubes'' in in the wrong order, well I was very tired.

TL; DR: The stator cover has it's brand new stator in it, the wiring is sorted, the next job is to fill the engine with some oil and I hope the charging system will work. All the measurements that I could with the stator out on the table seem promising.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chucked a dual camera on the new work hack.
Too many fuckwits round here to not have one, and I CBA doing the whole "he said, she said" routine if something does happen.

Oil, filters and Coolant on the next day it's not pissing it down.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:38 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Chucked a dual camera on the new work hack.
Too many fuckwits round here to not have one, and I CBA doing the whole "he said, she said" routine if something does happen...

A bike specific set of cameras? I recall some YouTube thing I saw where the guy cobbled together something out of car reversing cameras.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:06 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sundays puncture repair got me 55 miles and then shit out in the rain at about 90. New road 5 fitted. Opened my tin of bead sealer, just incase. Comes with a brush in the lid, but it is so thick may aswell be a spoon!

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:11 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
A bike specific set of cameras? I recall some YouTube thing I saw where the guy cobbled together something out of car reversing cameras.

Look for eBay item number 133127194759

We'll see how good it is after work today. I don't expect miracles, but enough to stop the whole "I was indicating", "You were speeding!" or other bullshit they come out with when they know they've fucked up.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:49 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Look for eBay item number 133127194759

We'll see how good it is after work today. I don't expect miracles, but enough to stop the whole "I was indicating", "You were speeding!" or other bullshit they come out with when they know they've fucked up.

Wow! Much cheapness Smile

I've tried a helmet cam and a bike mounted GoPro and, while they worked fine, it's the constant the hassle of charging, clipping them on, powering up Sad

As I've recently found the appropriate powered accessory socket on my Honda I'll be very interested to hear how you get on Thumbs Up

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:08 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun times of trying to find why sidelight circuit is dead.

https://puu.sh/EsR2S.jpg

Clean broken wire and lots of previous bodgery uncovered it seems....

https://puu.sh/EsR2P.jpg

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
As I've recently found the appropriate powered accessory socket on my Honda I'll be very interested to hear how you get on Thumbs Up

I'll pull some footage later on, I'm not expecting to pull a number plate, but that's not the point of the system.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the Post Office to register the old DT175 as a "vehicle of historic interest" i.e. no tax, no MoT Smile

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent the best part of £1300 with Robinson’s foundry on GSXR1100 engine bits. Shells, rings, camchain, gearbox bits.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farted in its general direction while I got sausages out of the freezer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 189 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 353 of 409