Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 382, 383, 384 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today i did on project ‘scrapper Hyosung’ bypass the side stand switch.
They are always trouble on this particular model/brand.

Wires disconnected, loop made and soldered into place, insulated! Job jobbed, yay!

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSV trackday at Brands Hatch

Wasn't as fluid or consistent on the RSVR as previous but hell of a time and thoroughly enjoyed it until the thunder, lightning and torrential rain stopped my play.

Brava210
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:26 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Painted wheels and fitted 2 new Michelins Reply with quote

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/P6ER3H1Iweagxr-kl4iOOyU4D990AO1UG4u7iOgvsRAo2aU9iKhQA6xZ4iS2uuswdxhWrsayjJSKSthdeqbbPM2JkYbBstEqpERojKop2ih2ioW1fT-NJU7LouGjRV2h4LSJnv6jZCzeS41qnUrWCLjG-IUxMoqEPJG_zBDkWe_7t0NWqQz01OYexKvN9YYqgbm933zCZkOYJdTruHLEFz5JHkmSpMEpd_z5wGuItxL9ysOhF6P5QefnnAEumK1GRq7Z_1HgPyAeQAhO_tEt4l0V-ITJxLMvxTg1sdXZ_BlKrmxMhiUoDXFGGxwatKukuQpXWY0aU82APxjmzjnbgFfMAy5OlkeW5RPEIdgs_Sp3zhwph1lvmBakSUAGhMEoWciphjQdAIuo0G3IszI0dsdqr9bq1l-Y-Svf5PnHKdjcnqrwIInZXWBQ_x3lAipkJmpUVlzmI7wN04Rr2tYy4Z4glPZpga70kG1FhMV1sdEfc8Nyt-pqCCVQLT9sQhrdpdu_-CvLSGIHgTIGXO1ON6RANT4Pm1JTQtMLPkEJoTjoG5hO4B8gIhqmhe0I9Q9fZqgTYq4cmldaYMlGeuVtyxpj9S5F_SS_-7i2bSMNEezN9ioY9zkrmQs2M7RRd4j8-U6EUjO7p4P78vrFdzmjPO32eaT06Eu63yp93nTGokycbv1w2VdMypPRsiPATg=w1260-h944-no?authuser=0

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TYyRdTf3NF9PX8PLKUKdQ-eYJ8JA9Z3TpCASd2I_CcvC-PTKmd03S-47DKouytRcOwgRARIxinMUbJ6IDDVcWIMQH30e-cKuIQXgpDAbo7SgwWvRrEf-igWQnw650sc_38NkDqmj0GAD5at_HMfeCVRZuuKB62-XdDRdR12oiNlmjAsBOLxf9kuzA_aIpWiDHBiVFkAdXc_G7i-G7k2Pq8EJFK-Z7sy0Cw4bsFXbwRazp0XGPRknaSqbO-7xCW7LYBbVLeOnWv6cWG0RF4d4J-gcA_8KCXqOYKMnzCcwftK36XuEQU5nOmFquSapsBivkwtPghCGHXegLjiPLttGjDY9rmIq7ushW_Px9v7Sup8uCrEoNVAIGupiImOD1qGfy7gm-97PbftCp9oSSVPK41nmSSZJliEHmXeWIP6zAHlFQxECS3mOgx41IumMNRExo01xBUb1YGXBCJZZWSj3KUakIoeaaxJeBdurKiKL14olhoxExEHDBdawu4fBwwSXpMwtILR68fcYUeGXPa9bVnyi_qdUoAFDmeXr-0hkjg33aaxxVXR2h4Ei1JbRslAuZtSyG38wW2ZBViPsgiB5Fg7te9z0h_1oncujxScQNDIfmuCHGcTdsFmKLv3XNWzvv7KcpFyUoLQqDXlTTxLU2ZOIxKN_S8JWmaV3uSm-3GGgz3Eh8ibcbt-jiIffxw=w1260-h944-no?authuser=0

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/JZHoQ5M82gua6NsBHTYhGLE4cnOoclicFw1Ltg7ZygWgMU5g12kUCJYdMfENxlN-i0OFEebjYh9ppnq_wJIzF6Wb6apm1ib132x035SPMOAcokCcQKJMkGytgTj3mnUuKidfFSjdtmb1hM4HEKq-SS1V898NkOONxpN5jUgfG93k5-oawGREVuf7Nm02OneHe5a-Ui7npzZlJRT190GHUug_oqNpHQSGfPudOGGgTTJrkCb8L1CxliQD1v-wcAWbmZ6u_AfjnJgS590nsDxbejCyPNIFQeC8Fw4kdQ7kCw7mjMc-0y-VljjF69ezT0gQ7XqeQKbtvU-MHDb7c3G2skeMaVIGXLjNsXX3fJfbPKZg5fVLTcpSX-eHKjrZaAFHIftEfGPJckK9Gz0GE0-GjJovvDMr-74pNeUcusBnxZgtafNwYzYRreHGc7oBza42t2kNnctN3Z6tfMsGklUGcRzn_HLrgpGeIPILS9262iZ1qo54gh7ugxJIaqiPaPO4ajfzhuQH-N69YFnVmYviEwHfZzqZzpJ4siIj5z_WtUrLjHdpekbINR-lADxRdPH0XZMza7VMgqGVMs8MXqCAAoaudh-0GmHsXu5WyAw5eOVw3fmzsAAhAI5zkLwvqxxulYe_20pT2ddoD_8qpsViI-OVMj4f4Erccz2fNeARBIVl80DxhCOo8ZAS88mlEA=w1260-h944-no?authuser=0
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased it after waiting almost three weeks.

There's some money that has gone into it by the dealer, but then I find strange things like a very special shade of chain lube.

I have some work to do, an update to a thread on my biking history once I've had the time to tear into this one and got it to where I want it.

I've missed carb'd bikes. May only be a 600 but I intend to own it for a while to come if it remains reliable. £10 for a new key compared to £50-70 for the CBF 1000. I'll take that thanks. Laughing

https://i.postimg.cc/mZcRsZSk/20200814-155554.jpg

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

I've missed carb'd bikes. May only be a 600 but I intend to own it for a while to come if it remains reliable.

What is it?

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
What is it?

Fazer 600 MK1 box-eye.

Based on M.O.T has been sat since 2018. Dealer gave it a new tank off eBay (£140), front tyre, rear disc and brake pads.

Some damage that annoys me (pictures below) but the price of that tank alone is enough to sweeten the deal.

Plastic welded repaired under tray means wonky indicator. Will replace will L.E.D eventually anyway so can use pannier system (purchased separate). These things stick out way too much.

https://i.postimg.cc/mgSsT862/thumbnail-20200814-181045.jpg

No air leak from what I can feel, performance okay. Will keep an eye on.

https://i.postimg.cc/XqBsDzdN/20200814-155542.jpg

Small attention to detail, but I am particular.

On-going work hack / smarterner-upper. 30k miles. Based on buying off a eBay advert I've done alright.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Bhud wrote:
What is it?

Fazer 600 MK1 box-eye.

Great bike for the almost-lost art of the 600 IL4: keep it in the last quadrant of the rev range almost all the time. A woefully underrated art in these times.

Sure it will be a great bike - stay on top of the issues, iron out things as they come, and all that. All part of the joy.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

No air leak from what I can feel, performance okay. Will keep an eye on.

https://i.postimg.cc/XqBsDzdN/20200814-155542.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OIRynjD.jpg

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally bought an electric impact wrench, and used it to remove my swingarm pivots and grease the swingarm bearings.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed the fried R/R from the Enfield, though to get to the connector from the alternator you have to remove the airbox. To do this you have to remove the battery tray, some pointless plastic box thing that only exists to add more (awkward) bolts to remove, another piece of plastic it all bolts on too, the rear brake caliper and the rear wheel.

Real thought went in to designing that Laughing

Watching various used MOSFET R/R's from jap bikes on eBay till one goes cheap. I'll have to make up cables to connect it to the loom so I can also make sure connections end up in sensible places.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haz fitted Lightech chain adjusters, got them 2nd-hand for fifty quids. Smile

Talk about making chain adjustment a breeze.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:37 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:

Watching various used MOSFET R/R's from jap bikes on eBay till one goes cheap. I'll have to make up cables to connect it to the loom so I can also make sure connections end up in sensible places.

Is it one of these you're after?

https://i.ibb.co/tCVRR3B/spare-rr.png

dynax
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:43 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted some led pod spotlights to Xena, wired them up to the number plate loom Laughing Thumbs Up

https://i.postimg.cc/cCwW9sYW/P1020761.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/YShJDrKP/P1020762.jpg

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musketeer wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/OIRynjD.jpg

You'd think so, but performance is fine. I've got some spray stored away from back when I owned the ZR7S and needed to test a split it had for leaks if I need to get round to using it. Fazer forum suggests its common and owners report running splits for ages before performance issues show.

In either case I can't solve the worlds issues in a day. It runs, it rides and its an absolute hoot.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 16 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unlocked the handlebar-lock thingie I bought last week.
Dance!

Was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to unlock it, cos I had a dodgy sprain in my thumb* last week, and was struggling to release the mechanism. Had visions of having to wait (again! still!!) for the 1%er to visit and see if he could undo it for me.

Thus, I have been avoiding riding it, just to give my thumb a bit of a rest.

But I managed to get it undone all by my girlie self Rolling Eyes

So I think I might pop out locally this arvo and fuck it up again Laughing
Tiger balm at the ready.

Dodgy sprain also meant I didn't have the strength to undo my oil cap either, so I have managed to do that as well, thank fuck, bunged in a bit of 20-50. Should be good for a while, again now.

*caused by stuffing too many fucking letters (over 800) into envelopes about unshielding/lockdown Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 16 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

bunged in a bit of 20-50. Should be good for a while, again now.

Possibly should have sprayed some on the tyres while I was about it Thinking
Question

plz advise

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 16 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Is it one of these you're after?

Specifically after a Shindengen FH012AA and some Furukawa QLW connectors (to make up the leads to and from).

Sourced the connectors. The R/R I'm watching some auctions on eBay for used ones out of Jap bikes. Going to redesign the connecting cables too, having to dismantle that much of the bike to simply unclick a connector is not acceptable.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 16 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted the engine crash bar (one side, not complete set) that I managed to get on the cheap. A job that always makes me wince (undoing engine mounting bolts). Thankfully nothing missaligned, and the impact made the job easy. Upgraded all the fixings that I took out in the process to prevent future problems.

I got the sense there's going to be a lot of jobs I'll do in the future where original fixtures remain and will be a gamble between getting damaged in the removal of attempt, or just about getting away with it. Laughing

If anyone has a right side crash bar for a MK1 FZS 600 I'd be open to buying it.

https://i.postimg.cc/zf85mJ6y/1.jpg

How the horn passed its M.O.T is laughable given the intermittent poor quality it emitted. Got creative with the best quality one I had to hand (bending the pins) and used part of the original mount (fitted backwards) to make it fit. Cable tied in place but all the best problems are solved with cable ties and tape. Laughing

Vaseline on the connectors to prevent future corrosion, and since they've probably never been shown any love for a long time.

https://i.postimg.cc/9fJ6vyyk/3.jpg

More remains, but slow progress is better than none.

Slightly feels more mine now. Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 16 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broke out the Autosol and a rag and gave the ol' DT a little TLC. It's always nice when you're polishing your rims Wink

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:34 - 16 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
shed

Did you get rid of the CBF.... for that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 16 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Did you get rid of the CBF.... for that?

Aye, and I bloody love it. Absolute hoot around town, and holds its own on the overtakes and higher speed roads. Rather ride a slower bike fast than a faster bike slow.

A good example CBF 1000 may be okay, but the one I had wasn't. Given most of my riding is in town it was wasted at best, and given the problems my example had I wasn't prepared to live with it for much longer. At 58,000 miles it had had a juddering throttle response since day I first rode it, and a coolant red warning light flashing on the dash just before I got rid of it (no leaks, fan worked etc).

The CBF 1000 is dull and boring to own. The Fazer is a blast / cheaper and easier to work on. Two different kettle of fish. I'm happy with fixing up the Fazer and enjoying the process.

I regret nothing more than selling my ZR7S. This is like that but more fun and a better bike.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:34 - 17 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dynojet kit, -1 front sprocket and a k&n replacement filter really woke up my boxeye. Worth it. Thumbs Up

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 17 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little.more progress with the front fairing. Wanted a bit more meat on the top bits and fixed a crack I previously missed. Plan to sand ready for primer tomorrow.

https://i.postimg.cc/G3F6gLx0/IMG-20200817-181812.jpg

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 19 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned up the old 6 pots from the Busa. They have been on my mates bike for the last 6 months.

I pumped the pistons out as far as they will go, cleaned, rotated using piston pliers then cleaned again.

26k on them and on the factory seals. No need to strip them.

https://i.imgur.com/V9iQftx.jpg?2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:39 - 19 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didnt pull them out completely? Are you mad?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 240 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 382, 383, 384 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 383 of 409