Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 18 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've literally run out of superlatives regarding the 765RS.

It just does everything I want it to do. The brakes are insane, the quickshifter amazing on the track. It's quick, but it's not intimidating, and it sounds the tits. And I can put the plate back on and ride it to work the next day, comfortably.

So put that in yer pipe and smoke it, former-749.

Yet I still cover the clutch on track Laughing

https://i.ibb.co/rvcbDYY/15-09-2020-Cadwell-Park-No-Limits-Trackday.jpg

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:50 - 18 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:

It just does everything I want it to do. The brakes are insane, the quickshifter amazing on the track. It's quick, but it's not intimidating, and it sounds the tits. And I can put the plate back on and ride it to work the next day, comfortably.

So I did an airfield day a few weeks back, and a guy there had a 765RS, decatted and remapped, and his bike was keeping with a GSX-S1000 on the straights, and pulling away from me as if I was standing still. The rider reckons 140bhp or so...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 18 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food for thought! It's completely stock at the moment, the first bike I've owned where it doesn't /need/ even a can

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:58 - 19 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Food for thought! It's completely stock at the moment, the first bike I've owned where it doesn't /need/ even a can

I don't think there is any other way to describe it other than "It's a f*cking Weapon!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 19 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made some time and sorted the 125's valve clearances. Wired in a light and camera system. Removed the EGR stuff and blanked the remains off. Found I'd been sent the wrong ignition for the VFR (sent a 5 wire, mine is 3 wire), but I think I can make it work. Gave up after that as it was sodding glorious out today, and there was a steak and a McEwans Champion with my name on it.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 19 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a used Syntech evo clutch lever as the O.E.M one had too much up and down wobble for my liking, wasn't adjustable and not only did the bike try to stall at times from pulling away but was also slow to pull away from low down revs / dead stop (yes I'd adjusted it correctly).

The evo lever is slightly worse in that I can't use my handguards with it, and so I need to try and find the "small" lever end to purchase, but apart from that its all good. Bike flies like a rocket and control is so much easier and smoother.

https://i.postimg.cc/JncJt4RF/20200919-152302.jpg

Had to fix the thread on clutch lever (that the screw-in part / lock-ring attaches to) as the shop had decided to give me one with a damaged thread for good measure. Thumbs Up

https://i.postimg.cc/ydzcVSC9/20200919-135659.jpg

om15
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:27 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the Interceptor out for a run yesterday, it has done 1200 miles, so run in complete and it can enjoy it's self more. Carried out a quick overtake of three or four cars on a convenient bit of road, went from 50 to about 75 almost instantly and all was well, I was very impressed at the performance. I suddenly became aware that it seemed rather louder than it should, carried on and arrived home to find that I had blown the starboard exhaust baffle out, it is now somewhere on the A30 near Wilton.
I removed the other exhaust baffle and will use it like that until I can source a replacement. It does sound rather nice though, it is an aftermarket exhaust.
I found it rather un wieldy at first, all the weight seemed to be in the wrong places, but now I have got used to it I think that it is a great bike, recommend having a test ride at the dealers, but beware, you might not go home empty handed.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:57 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The excitement on ‘Project Scrappy Hyosung’ gets to much sometimes.

Today I did buy twenty new bolts to replace the corroded ones on the bike, I even included washers just in case I didn’t have enough at home .
Whoop whoopty do! Smile

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I could, for now.

A brass wire drill bit hardly touched the rust on the front wheel, so I ended up removing as much as I could, before stabilising it and then giving the rim and the hub a few coats of Simoniz Underguard Black. This paint is legendary - I might do the whole frame in it.

Relaced it with 35 out of 36 spokes (the seller failed to count out the right number, so I have to just wait for the 36th Rolling Eyes ). These spokes are much heavier duty than the standard Kawasaki ones (NOS ones are extremely expensive), and I had to enlarge the holes in the rim ever so slightly to accommodate the new nipples. It was also a bit tricky shoving the spokes through the holes in the hub.

Also finished off work on the exhaust. As it came to me, the exhaust was a downpipe that had been crudely hacked away by someone, who then fitted 2 sleeves and, with the help of exhaust paste/gum and a heavy duty clamp, bodged a short straight pipe on the end. All I've done here is welded it up and ground it down, closing up the holes and making it sort of look like it's one exhaust pipe. It may end up being too annoying / loud, but, for now, that's the exhaust done. Painted in a couple of coats of Hycote ultra high temp paint, and the fake "silencer" polished with a bit of metal polish.

https://i.ibb.co/yQkcbRk/exhaust-and-front-wheel.png

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLUE!!! on the exhaust?
Well yeh ok?
Blue? That’s different.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
BLUE!!! on the exhaust?
Well yeh ok?
Blue? That’s different.

It's black. Don't know why it looks blue in the picture.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 36 spokes in.

I think this is the right pattern, but I'm not sure tbh.

https://i.ibb.co/gJHg1J6/spokes.png

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
All 36 spokes in.

I think this is the right pattern, but I'm not sure tbh.

https://i.ibb.co/gJHg1J6/spokes.png

3 are wrong.

I will leave you to find them......

Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

3 are wrong.

I will leave you to find them......

Razz

Nah, it's fine.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch cable replaced
New oil filter fitted
Oil strainer cleaned in petrol
Front inner tube and tyre fitted (after vaguely truing the wheel by eye, spinning it on a piece of metal tube)
New clutch plates (standard) fitted
Heavy duty clutch springs fitted
Kickstarter shaft seal replaced

https://i.ibb.co/27SfGhB/24-sept-stuff.png

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil topped up and replaced two blown bulbs on the cg. One being the rather pointless pilot bulb, which is only illuminated when the lights are set to "p" (which they never are) and the other bulb being the speedo illumination, which is nice as I can see what speed I'm doing on those dark commutes (did 2 last week) although again pretty pointless as the whole commute is either nsl (can't get over 60mph) or 30 zones signified by street lighting (meaning I can see the speedo fine without illumination)

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
As much as I could, for now.

A brass wire drill bit hardly touched the rust on the front wheel, so I ended up removing as much as I could, before stabilising it and then giving the rim and the hub a few coats of Simoniz Underguard Black. This paint is legendary - I might do the whole frame in it.

https://i.ibb.co/yQkcbRk/exhaust-and-front-wheel.png

How old is your rusty rim Neutral ? Looks almost as bad as teh 45 year old one off my GT250!

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

How old is your rusty rim Neutral ? Looks almost as bad as teh 45 year old one off my GT250!

That would be appropriate, as it's 44-ish years old! Laughing

Looks alright now though, I hope. I'm not really the best judge of bike aesthetics, but to me it looks new (in the flesh) with the Simoniz chip-resistant paint over the rust stabiliser.

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:12 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little MSX125 will be getting new tyres front and rear, thankfully I removed the wheels and will be taking that to the shop rather than riding as its pi$$ing it down at the moment.

Last time I had new tyres on this bike I managed to low slide when grabbing the brakes on the wet greasy roads

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:39 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should put this in “Grinds My Gears”.

Bought a few bits for ‘Project Scrappy Hyosung’ and I have four days off work.
However I have things to do and that means no working on bikes Sad .

At least I get to clean it’s little screen today, maybe even run a clean cloth over the seat!

It might not be fixed, but a least it will be clean Smile

EDIT : done.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 26 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The busa...

Fitted ductile iron discs, Brembo RCS Brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder andy dinky reservoirs with carbon lids.

It now stops like its hit a wall.

https://i.imgur.com/GkqmKoK.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/mJTutUT.jpg?1

I will sort better mounts over the winter.

Took it for a test ride then lubed the chain. Still didnt get any omn the rear tyre.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:49 - 26 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/hn3fq8n.gifv

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:05 - 27 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Street Triple: Put the single seat unit back on, and removed the pillion pegs.

CBR600RR: put new grips on, and changed some of the rusty bolts for stainless ones

Other half's ER6N: Adjusted the chain, checked the tyre pressures and checked the wheel alignment.

Trailer: Attempted to replace the broken hub, but one of the bearing races is stuck on the stub axle... and the other half is away this weekend and has borrowed my dremel and plusgas to do something with her friends front door to do with removing rusty screws... crap. I attempted to use the angle grinder to remove the race, but I need a bit more finesse I think.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 27 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my bike but a mini bike belonging to work colleague's son.
Repaired the rear shock.
I won't bore you all with the details but It involved drilling, tapping and the use of a die nut and an easy out.
Great success, I enjoyed doing it.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed some heated grips.

Spent forty-thousound years attempting to figure out why the throttle was not as snappy as it should be, and then narrowed it down to an excess of glue and a small plastic circular piece I'd put back between the grip and housing (god knows why it was there in the first place). And then another four hundred years doing some cable management and ensuring it behaves as it should.

Test ride that will throw me into a hedge en-route. Laughing

https://i.postimg.cc/TwxdRG41/gripo.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 209 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 389 of 409