Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Where to get a NT650V exhaust???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 18:38 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Where to get a NT650V exhaust??? Reply with quote

Right, I'm after a reasonably priced exhaust (whole system) for this bike (Deauville). Does anybody know of any available or if the one from the 700 fits? All I can seem are ones that wouldnt make it economically viable to replace the current system as the bike is getting on a bit (almost breaking through/MOT failure).

Will the NTV system fit or are the mountings different etc?

Thanks for any help.

qarka
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:21 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The header pipes on a BROS are shorter than the ones on an NTV600/650. You can fit the NTV ones to a BROS if you cut an inch off the silencer end on the headers.

The silencer on an NTV600 is different to the one on a 650 and they are not interchangable as if you fit the 650 one to a 600 you can't get the rear wheel off with it in place.

There is a mount for the silencer on the side of the collector box (as you sit on the bike its by your left foot) this has different orientations between the NTV and the BROS so no they are not interchangeable.

The laser exhast that True Blue has shown is actually for an NTV but is often sold as a BROS fitment. Unless the design has been changed it doesn't quite fit as the headers are to short and iirc you need to fabricate a hanger mount.

From https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=782779

All I know is that the Honda Bros, NTV650, and Deauville are similar enough that they have the same Haynes manual.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the 650 exhaust will fit without a lot of work making up mounts.

If this is your old mans bike I could be interested in it.

Cunnington
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:07 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motad do a rear silencer (and downpipes). Check M&P, WEMoto or similar.

I paid about £170 for a rear silencer that does away with the mild steel collector box, and slips on to the existing downpipes, which were fine on my bike ('89 NTV600).

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 12:57 - 03 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motad do a full system, which is what I will need in the near future, however its over £300! From memory Hondas price was obscene but will check again today.

Wemoto dont list any exhausts for the deauville.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 17:23 - 05 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps one for the guy from Motad exhausts to answer but does anyone know if their exhaust system is a straight fitment for the 2005 model Deauville as it appears to remove the catalytic converter?

Thanks for any help.

motad_uk
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:26 - 08 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ours will fit all models except the later bikes with oe triangular silencers

contact me offline on ianmcdonald@motad.co.uk and I can check any ex test or whatever stock I have
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

awicks
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:44 - 08 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

motad_uk wrote:
ours will fit all models except the later bikes with oe triangular silencers

contact me offline on ianmcdonald@motad.co.uk and I can check any ex test or whatever stock I have

Be aware that the silencer mounts changed between the 2001 and 2002 Deauvilles due to a change in the right-hand pannier size - ensure you get the correct bracket.

I documented my issues (including bracket sizes etc) here: https://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22656&p=183359&hilit=exhaust+bracket#p183359

Andy
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 7 years, 360 days between these two posts...

oddjob1
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:47 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does OEM exhaust for nt700 fit nt650v?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1