Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 10 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

0l0dom0l0 wrote:
Fnatic wrote:
The versions sold from 2007 onwards (S2 revision) that weren't the S2 were sold with 76BHP I believe but 97BHP with the S2.

So S2 are the more powerful model but the same power as the 04-06 standard model.

Indeed, but I don't think these were available to buy in the UK.

Cheers, that makes sense. I'd highly recommend the bike to anyone as a first big bike though. It is my first big bike coming from an Aprilia RS125 and I think it is a great commuter, has lots of power and is easy to ride hard with but will let you know firmly when you're being an idiot.

I think it is a great transition from 125s to someone who eventually wants to be on a Supersport, but I don't think I've even pushed this bike any where near it's full potential as of yet. Lots more exploring to be done. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 78 days between these two posts...

ptmxtwo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:04 - 27 Jun 2015    Post subject: to S2 or not to S2 Reply with quote

sorry for the age gap (2013 vs 2015) I found this thread via the Search Button.

in the USA anything goes. It is my understanding that if you have a S2, you ride on top of 98 Horses Power. If you don't have a S2, your FZ6 is rated at 78 HP. As someone hunting for a used FZ6-S2 in the USA, it is not easy. Many owners do not seem to know if their FZ6 is a S2 or not. I'd like to know how to determine if a FZ6 is a "S2" from the outside....?
----------------------------------------------------
0l0dom0l0 wrote:
Fnatic wrote:
The versions sold from 2007 onwards (S2 revision) that weren't the S2 were sold with 76BHP I believe but 97BHP with the S2.

So S2 are the more powerful model but the same power as the 04-06 standard model.

Indeed, but I don't think these were available to buy in the UK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:23 - 27 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2004-2007 'S1' still has 98ish hp. The S2 has a number of visual changes such as a diamond shaped alloy swingarm, tweaked fuelling and most noticeably the clocks were different.

S1:
https://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Libraries/Riding_Street_Images/FZ6gauges_s.sflb.ashx

S2:
https://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/upload/219659/images/330x220/12-yamaha-XJ6.jpg

They did however continue to make the S1 after the S2's release in certain countries, but the UK is not one of them, pretty sure the USA wouldn't have it either. In short, if you find an S1 with round clocks that was produced after 2007, chances are its the restricted one.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 299 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2