Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Road rager attacks cyclist

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Road rager attacks cyclist Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JepRJC1DVCM

Thought this one was interesting because the driver didn't get charged, just a caution Confused I have seen videos where people get 6 points for dangerous over takes/tail gating but this one gets a caution Razz

Chalky.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclist being a dickhead as usual.

Firstly he was a twat about someone parking their car. He cycles in the middle of the road for a while like a dick. The van passes him pretty safely in my eyes so no need for his shitty "horn of powah!"

He deserved it, as do so many of those other up themselves lycra clad wankers Thumbs Up
Ollie1995 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:12 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Re: Road rager attacks cyclist Reply with quote

Caution seems appropriate when considering the overall circumstances for the attack.

I'd suggest however that he should get a road offence for opening the door when he did - that was dangerous and could have caused a nasty accident.

Sadly, if the biker had lain down crying and claimed he could no longer cycle because he had some kind of nervous condition, the driver would have probably suffered more seriously.

As it was, it's equivalent to a few baldy aimed blows over an argument in a pub - where the police will generally do nothing at all, given the chance.

Remember a caution will still be 'on his record' and technically should mean he will get more done next time.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come every one of these cyclists are massive pussies? Not a single one will ever back up any of their whining.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:55 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
How come every one of these cyclists are massive pussies? Not a single one will ever back up any of their whining.

Considered that any that do beat up the car driver may not decide to publicly share their video with the rest of the world? Wink

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why you'd go for all that effort because a cyclist blew a horn at you? Surely you just think "what a nob" and continue about your day?

I've never had any shit from car drivers when cycling, I pull in to allow cars to overtake when safe and lots of car drivers will wait for me to go through bottlenecks in the road.

Maybe its just the westcountry? We seem to be more relaxed here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andi
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:12 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:

Shoes plates.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 21:44 - 21 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:

Firstly he was a twat about someone parking their car. He cycles in the middle of the road for a while like a dick. The van passes him pretty safely in my eyes so no need for his shitty "horn of powah!"

You mean a vulnerable road user taking a primary position on a road, just like motorcyclists are told to do? Or would you rather all 2 wheeled vehicles be sent into the gutter and into outswinging doors etc?

It still astounds me that there are a people on a motorcycle forum who criticise cyclists for adopting road positions that are recommended on all cycle training courses because we don't want to be constantly forced into the gutter.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:17 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It amazes me that these people are legally allowed to use the road without any training, without the testing of their bikes to ensure they are fit for use and they are not required to have any form liability cover.

AndyB1989
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:12 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok the horn was not really neccesary but it was not a clean and safe overtake you can tell from his increasingly frantic rear obs that the guy was sat just off his back wheel for some time before the overtake the cyclist may be a bit further into the road then i would be but certainly not to a point where its dangerous.

in this instance as far as im concerned the van driver is completely out of order and had he bahaved like that to me on my road bike and then got out of his van i certainly would have reacted and he would have regretted it

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:27 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the horn as rebuke is specifically mentioned in the Highway Code (he won't have a copy of that of course)
When the van driver didn't do anything wrong it's not that surprising he thought he would ask him what the problem was supposed to be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have watched a different video to me, the one I saw the driver tried to door him, then got out the van and assaulted him before asking questions.

Not really sure what that has to do with this CaNsA, these YT cyclists are usually the ones who do the training, spend a fortune on their bikes and have insurance.

This is why they ride in the middle of the road:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v3Ne23CNLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ9eaXJhl8Q

They do exactly as people on here talk about, take a strong road position when they need to.

Also, result of dooring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8x_zYbVy8I

8 stitches, and driver does off.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
It amazes me that these people are legally allowed to use the road without any training, without the testing of their bikes to ensure they are fit for use and they are not required to have any form liability cover.

Holy cow, thanks assumption-man!

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:16 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh?

What am I assuming?

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclist's still a nobber I'm afraid.

Head shake like a dick at the reversing car in the beginning. That's when he first passed the van. Stupid car horn, and fights like a girl despite being in normal shoes and jeans.

Yes van driver was a prick and needed laying out, bike rider was also a prick though IMO.

Personally I've never had an issue when cycling on the road, aside from standard gibberish that people seem to like to yell at cyclists.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 22 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
What am I assuming?

CaNsA wrote:
these people...

Thing is, anyone who is an enthusiast of anything is likely to actually take the trouble to do it properly. The implication there is that 'these people' refers to 'road cyclists', ergo you think they haven't got insurance etc.

He obviously takes these things seriously, as he has a twatcam - and I'm going to take an assumption pill here and connect that to say twat most likely twat twat twat....

HE'S A FRIKKIN TWAT

I couldn't stop it coming out, sorry.

Mondeo Man
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:48 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the way people behave on the road both bizarre and curious.

Both the cyclist and the van driver are like little boys throwing out their toys from the pram.

If I was the cyclist, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the overtake. Might have pissed me off, but.. meh. Whatever.
if I was in the van, I wouldn't bother winding down my window for such a paltry incident.

Hardly worth fisticuffs of any sort.

I'd a loved it though if the cyclist produced a knife and stabbed the shit 55 times in the head. That'll teach him to not overreact to such a non incident in future. "You wanna see a REAL overreaction, here's an overreaction, you cunt"

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:39 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mondeo Man wrote:
I find the way people behave on the road both bizarre and curious.

Both the cyclist and the van driver are like little boys throwing out their toys from the pram.

If I was the cyclist, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the overtake. Might have pissed me off, but.. meh. Whatever.
if I was in the van, I wouldn't bother winding down my window for such a paltry incident.

Hardly worth fisticuffs of any sort.

I'd a loved it though if the cyclist produced a knife and stabbed the shit 55 times in the head. That'll teach him to not overreact to such a non incident in future. "You wanna see a REAL overreaction, here's an overreaction, you cunt"

I think that is the crux of the problem. Road users in whatever vehicle seem to behave massively irrationally and disproportionally to any mistakes. There is no tolerance whatsoever.

I find it's best to let idiots be idiots. No amount of arm waving, head shaking or finger pointing is going to change anything.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cyclists road positioning seemed alright to me but I think in that situation it may have seemed a little arrogant because of the way he passed the van. Making a big deal about somebody parking their car (how dare they) then cutting into the vans lane and taking a very defensive position stopping him from passing.
It was probably made worse by the fact the van driver is clearly a moron and would have believed the correct position for the cyclists is to ride in the gutter. The horn didn't help but doesn't excuse the van drivers actions.
why these normally calm people that wouldn't say boo to a goose suddenly turn into Danny Dyer when they drive a car is a mystery.

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:26 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:

Didnt you lose your license ? Thumbs Up

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my village in Staffordshire we regularly get bunches of these Lycra-clad divis come tear-arsing down the hill, turning left at a mini-island without even a glance to see if anyone's coming. I always stop as I've seen cars and vans doing 30/40mph straight across. If some of these twats get wiped out....tuff.....but some probably innocent driver (if he pays attention to the Highway Code) will have the deaths of these arseholes on his conscience for the rest of his life. Why the Hell do some cyclist think they are immortal ?. Mad

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Case wrote:
In my village in Staffordshire we regularly get bunches of these Lycra-clad divis come tear-arsing down the hill, turning left at a mini-island without even a glance to see if anyone's coming. I always stop as I've seen cars and vans doing 30/40mph straight across. If some of these twats get wiped out....tuff.....but some probably innocent driver (if he pays attention to the Highway Code) will have the deaths of these arseholes on his conscience for the rest of his life. Why the Hell do some cyclist think they are immortal ?. Mad

Wow, so much hatred. Arseholes are arseholes regardless of their choice of transport.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 09:26 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Case wrote:

I can't get my head around this attitude.

There would be derision from all and sundry if someone posted about inconsiderate motorcyclists overtaking on double white lines, zooming up and down the high street with loud exhausts etc etc.

It's the same form of stereotyping you are using here.

How do you know they haven't taken a glance? Cyclists don't wear full face helmets and as humans we have a fairly decent peripheral vision.

To be honest in your post you could change the words "Lycra-clad" for leather clad and "cyclists" for motorcyclists and that would be a fairly common statement on a lot of other forums.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy on the bike achieved exactly what he set out to do. He managed to capture, on video, a man that he had riled sufficiently enough to cause a massive overreaction.
Him and his fellow sado's can now fap over the resulting images that have gone viral. He is also receiving a payout from the driver.
Win, win.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2