Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

road positioning for the test

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Inglesina94
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:45 - 16 Jun 2004    Post subject: road positioning for the test Reply with quote

I know that riding in a straight road then I have to be just off the left of the centre of my lane ... the famous position "3" on the road ... however I am a bit confused about riding bends.

For the normal small bike test do I need to remain i nthe centre of the road or move to the left for right bends and viceversa???

My instructors are fantastci but last night I had a lesson with a different one I have never been out with and I am know getting some slightly conflicting messages and as I have failed it once already I do not want to risk failing again!

By the way I have rebooked for the 6th July - only 2 lessons left!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 11:21 - 16 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but i was taught to "own" the road, and stay in the middle if possible/safe.

I think you only need to start playing with positioning on bends when you start doing the quick riding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

T.C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 16 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you divide your lane in half, the DSA like learners to ride to the left of centre of that lane regardless of whether you are riding in a straight line or negotiating a bend.

Once you are through the test then this goes out of the window and if you take advanced training a more dominant position (right hand third of the lane is taught) and a different position for bends is introduced to maximise your view!

In short, until you are through your test stay in the left hand half of your lane but towards the centre!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 318 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1