 dudders7 Scooby Slapper
Joined: 02 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:49 - 30 Apr 2013 Post subject: Sundays ride through the National park, australia |
 |
|
Met up with Mattsprattuk at 9AM then we proceeded to the National park, about a 45 min ride through heavy traffic out of Sydney. It was about 28 degrees with clear blue skies! Ideal bike weather.
When we got there though, an amazing sight awaited us, the best twisty roads you can imagine, a lot of traffic around though but that made it all the more fun as it required quite a bit of skill to get past the traffic on some incredibly short straights.
Police were everywhere which kept us on our toes, doing some fast speeds
Nearly stacked the bike off a rather large cliff on the 4th or 5th bend stopped with front of bike 3ft from the crash barrier, could of been an interesting one! Miss judged the second part of an S bend and hit the dirt. Didn't stop me though got going again 3 secs later and quickly caught up with Matt, got to say though Matt your a very good rider, I have a lot to learn! Was all good after that, I think a combination of the tires warming up and me being more confident after getting into it kept any other accidents at bay.
Stopped at a fantastic stopping point, with hundreds of bikes parked up, very few chicks though, there needs to be more biking chicks, how do we get them into it?!! There was a burger van with an old stoned hippie serving us, quite amusing. We then continued on a few miles to have a quick play on this long twisting bridge which is built out into the sea, huge cliffs towering above us on one side. The scenery was just breathtaking, didn't get to see any Kangaroos yet although I am sure I will at some stage.
Both me and Matt were riding the same bikes, ZX6-R's his was pretty shagged though and my suspension was fucked. Although suspension has today been professionally rebuilt by a company in Penrith, near the blue mountains. $350 later it feels like a new bike and sticks to the road like glue (let that be a lesson to those who don't believe having your suspension set up correctly makes a difference, it is like riding a different bike).
When we turned around to head back we took it in turns to lead, after we both had a race against another bike, Matt was constantly on the guys tail but couldn't gain any real ground due to the constant bends, I lingered a couple of hundred yards behind not wanting to push my luck too much! After the other rider turned off it became a fun fast paced ride through the twisty's. At one point Matt waved me infront and I accelerated hard and went past to be kindly greeted by a Police car coming towards us. Apparently they just glowered at me, I didn't see as I just kept looking straight pretending I hadn't done anything wrong!
I believe Matt has a video of the ride back from his helmet cam I look forward to seeing that and hopefully will get a link off him to put on here.
Will be hitting the Nat Park with some other friends this weekend, with my nicely tuned suspension it should be excellent, I will not feel like I'm riding a Pogo Stick anymore!
Anyway safe riding guys, pics below.
Quick edit, if anyone else wishes to come along let me know. ____________________ Riding in the sun in Australia on a 04 Worked ZX10R along with a fleet of other crazy toys |
|