Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BCF NorBQ May 24th

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: BCF NorBQ May 24th Reply with quote

Organising a Northern BBQ on weekend starting 24th May 2013 through to the 26th, as a few people have already expressed interest from the North section just seeing if anybody else fancies a look.

Site location is in North Yorkshire
(54.42303740639855, -1.5422165393829345),
there will be a small charge for the field still waiting to hear back on that, but shouldn't be more than £5.

Fire is allowed (enclosure set up & I'll see about getting hold of a barrel/bin for another), no explosions.

Be a bring own booze/food kind of deal but 3 big towns nearby (within 10 mi) for additional stuff.

Route to the site crosses 2 fields but no serious off roading (will be weather dependent though!).

Anyway some pics of the site.
First field to cross
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/DSC01820_zps4b31abb2.jpg
Second
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/DSC01816_zps8cea39a8.jpg
The woods and parking/pitching
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/DSC01787_zps7ee2b16c.jpg
The enclosure
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/DSC01797_zps9a4ba1fa.jpg
Spiders nest/Death trap/Rape house
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/DSC01857_zps16d9cc38.jpg
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/Cowtonfield_zps6530f876.png

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:48 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's more like it: when, where, turn up. Thumbs Up

Unfortunately, that's Mrs Borg's / Master Borg's birthday weekend, so almost certainly not a go-er for me. Sad

Yes, I arranged for him to be born on her birthday so I've only got one date to remember.

[UPDATE note] Monday 27th is the Spring bank holiday.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 13:45 - 29 Apr 2013; edited 1 time in total

Dilyan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm at a high school reunion. 10 years. Had hair back then Laughing

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working alas, and too soon to book holiday.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting from Friday afternoon about 3:30PM, the GPS coordinates should give most people enough info to make their way to the field entrance (Might put up a sign or something to mark the exact field in case). But if anybody is uncertain about getting there can arrange to meet somewhere like Darlington.

Damn! was hoping a longbow wielding Scotsman would turn up Sad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:20 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance, I only take the Mongolian horse bow on the bike. Hand

Tentative negotiations are underway, but I'd be using up a lot of Blowjob Brownie Points.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:48 - 30 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been across ploughed fields once before. Not easy on a road bike - or am I being gay again?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:41 - 30 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the looks of it there does look like there is a track to follow, firm ground. Should be ok for all bikes and most riders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Drake
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 30 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

might get some knobblies for the bandit. do they do 180/55r17 as knobblies?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 30 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might do.

Last edited by recman on 21:26 - 04 May 2013; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 30 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
By the looks of it there does look like there is a track to follow, firm ground. Should be ok for all bikes and most riders.

You reckon there's a track kinda thing running down the left of that field in the first photo? It'd be good if there was cos getting a across soil if it's rainy and wet might be a bit of a feat for the big road bike guys.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 30 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor machine wrote:
Skudd wrote:

You reckon there's a track kinda thing running down the left of that field in the first photo? It'd be good if there was cos getting a across soil if it's rainy and wet might be a bit of a feat for the big road bike guys.

From the google earth co-ordinates there looks like a track at the side of that ploughed field, the second photo does show a track, I wouldn't have an issue with a fully laiden Varadero 1000cc. Tall heavey bike with road tyres.

https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f324/skudd67/Field_zps07bb09c2.jpg

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 30 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered me tent Very Happy should be a good n

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 30 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
From the google earth co-ordinates there looks like a track at the side of that ploughed field, the second photo does show a track, I wouldn't have an issue with a fully laiden Varadero 1000cc. Tall heavey bike with road tyres.

Oh yeah - nice one dude. Seems like it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Anyway, if I go (should be, all being well), it'll probably be on the vanvan - so will have a bit of clearance.

Camping place itself looks pretty ace, must admit.

Drake
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 30 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the new bcf bbq?

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 01 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The national BBQ is still going on (well as long as they find a venue I hope), this is just a Northern get together because I fancied doing something local and in May.

Me and Sparkzz are going to the field soon to check it out and get some pics of that track to see if its any good, I recall last year it was easier to go across the field as it was water logged along the track, we'll also drop some stuff off like patio chairs, metal dustbin/barrel and shiz if we can find them.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 04 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one dude. Thumbs Up

nightshaddow
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:56 - 07 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

may be able to get out maybe not a weekend but only 40 miles from me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 14 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP!

Just to let people know this is still on, confirmed charge for the field is £5 per person (owners thinking of making a dedicated camping spot out of this so if things go well he may put something towards amenities in future).

Also it's fine if people just want to camp in the second field if you don't want to drag your bikes into the forest

Some of the lads went there last Friday so they've left a few patio chairs and stuff, anyway some pics of the track.

The entrance
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/Field1entrance_zps7eb79f5d.jpg
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/Further_zps1e8b83bf.jpg
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/Furtherer_zps0a5230bd.jpg
As you can see it gets a little bit rutted at this point but seems to be better than it used to be (think Neil has flattened it out), anyway at the end of the track you turn left then right onto this bridge/crossing.
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/Bridge_zps631ea230.jpg
After the bridge/crossing the track leads left up a small grassy incline and is pretty self explanatory from there, if a Peugeot 206 can make it then I reckon most bikes can too Razz
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/Woods_zps6c505f8e.jpg
And the enclosure.
https://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/8Moxey8/Cowton/Enclosure_zps774df534.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:20 - 14 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's more of an Adventure than most BMW GS bikes will ever do. Thumbs UpWinkThumbs Up

Gutted I can't make it, I've been roped into taking Mrs Borg and the Borglets away for that weekend. I've give her one in the tits and up the Gary for BCF.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 17 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moxey wrote:
BUMP!

Just to let people know this is still on, confirmed charge for the field is £5 per person (owners thinking of making a dedicated camping spot out of this so if things go well he may put something towards amenities in future).

Also it's fine if people just want to camp in the second field if you don't want to drag your bikes into the forest

Some of the lads went there last Friday so they've left a few patio chairs and stuff, anyway some pics of the track.

Looks ace. Thumbs Up

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 17 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking the wife to Heathrow on the Saturday, tempted to throw the panniers on the bike and head up afterwards. Will keep my eye on the weather forecast Thumbs Up
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:21 - 21 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather's looking promising...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2641435
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 21 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

may not make it now due to a friends engagement party ¬_¬ might see if I can still at least make it down for a bit, time ish would people be leaving?

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 22 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely still on for this weekend, weather looks good enough, dry at least!

Be getting there for between 4 & 5 depending when me and some others are ready if that suits people.

Will be for 2 nights, one off charge of £5, Neil managed to acquire a portaloo, along with a mattress and a few cushions recommend bringing own chairs and such though.

Should be a good little do Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 335 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2