Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Theory passed (easy)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:35 - 16 Jun 2004    Post subject: Theory passed (easy) Reply with quote

Passed my theory test the other day, i couldn't believe how easy it was, wish i done it as soon as i turned 17 but i was told its difficult. The hazard perception was a lot easier than i imagined. I got 34 out of 35 for the multiple choice and 65 (out of 75 (i think)) for the hazard perception, the pass mark is 40 if i remember correctly.

Went down and spoke to a place about my practical test and i've got a free assessment next week, but i'm thinking of doing the 1 day training with the test on one of their bike's, just want to memorise myself with the criteria. Price of the 1 day course and test is £180 Shocked , is that cheap. Sounds pricey to me.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 16 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds Very Pricey I paid £400 for 7 days of Tuition with the test.

Then again I am up north so everything's cheaper up here Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:38 - 16 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

One place down here tried to actually force me to book three days course, I gave them my riding experience, and so on, they said "three day minimum, no less maybe more, and here is our over priced quote for a ridiculous amount of money"
I asked a few others, did a free evaluation ride with one, spoke to the salesman at dealership I am getting my bike from, they reckon 1 or 2 days at most.
Shop around, doing it on their bikes is more pricey, and harder I would guess, seeing as you would know your bikes limits so it will be easier to do the tricky things they ask of you, ie:U turn.
But congrats on the theory, my Mum just passed hers, said it was shockingly easy, damnit, if she gets a new bike before me, I am going to cry, I will be outbiked by my born again biker of a Mum.... :>

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 01:13 - 17 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found the first part of the theory test easy
hazard perception is a different matter i failed by 1, yes 1 point
Sad re-booked anyway
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Peat
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:48 - 17 Jun 2004    Post subject: uh hu Reply with quote

yup, I did my theory about 4 weeks ago, did absolutely no revision (I've been driving for 12 years tho) and passed with flying colours!

As for costs, my 3 day DAS is costing £380 and that's in London so £180 seems pretty ridiculous for 1 day!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 289 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1