Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ebay links not working

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
 Topic moved: from The Geek Zone to Forum Feedback & Help by G (18 Dec 2013 - 15:55)
View previous topic : View next topic  

misscrabstick
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:57 - 17 Dec 2013    Post subject: Ebay links not working Reply with quote

Why is it if I click a link for an ebay item in any of these forums I get this waiting for bikechat forums etc bollox at the top of the page then an error 404, it is really annoying me.

Utube links seem to work fine.

Happens using chrome or IE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:05 - 17 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this work?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 17 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f2/1183490d1376001399-pawn-stars-what-watch-i-see-what-you-did-there-futurama-fry-sneaky-sneak-hk7gda.jpg

misscrabstick
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:57 - 17 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

No, times out with a this page cant be displayed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

misscrabstick
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:00 - 17 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although by using the inspect function off a right click I can see it goes to something about Yamaha levers, which is highly witty of course. Rolling Eyes

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:48 - 17 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green

Do you have anything funky installed as the links go straight through... adblock?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

misscrabstick
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:55 - 17 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrugs. how do I know?

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if you right click Paddy's link, copy its location, then paste it into the address bar, and go to it manually?

BCF does rewrite ebay links to get a sliver of the pie.

Can you try copying the link you see, and paste it into a code block in a message? This is what I get:

Code:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?type=4&campid=5336936800&toolid=10001&customid=rewriter&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_odkw%3Dyamaha%2Bmt09%2Blevers%26_osacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2045573.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3Dyamaha%2Bmt09%2Blevers%26_sacat%3D0

This should test to see that there's nothing weird rewriting links on your end. Some adware infections can install browser plugins that rewrite links to redirect referral to their own accounts, but may break the link in the process.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:18 - 18 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF eBay links send you to sponsor.bikechatforums.com/blahblahblah/ and then from there on to eBay.

I'm guessing you've got some ad blocking stuff not wanting you to go through referral links to eBay.

eBay links have always not worked on here or this is a new problem?

misscrabstick
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 07:39 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I at the top when it is trying it goes on about sponsor chat forums etc then that's where it falls down, it never sees the actual proper link, I figured it was some sort of sponsored grabbing a cut thing.

They have never worked for me.

misscrabstick
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 07:41 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I use copy on a link that says ebay, when I paste it in the address bar it says bike chat forums and I get a fail yet again.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1