Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Long Way Down - North West Blood Bikes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National
View previous topic : View next topic  
whiteheadpaul... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Interesting). Unhide this post / all posts.

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:32 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one who wants a paid for holiday Rolling Eyes

If they were so desperate for help, they would reply to the numerous people who have offered services that have been simply ignored

whiteheadpaul...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:40 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several Blood Bike divisions, I ride for North west, and they DO reply to people offering their services and are a good group, I don't know about other Blood Bike groups in the country.

As for riding 1,000 miles in under 20 hours, please come back to me when you have done it, and say how much of a holiday it was, as I assure you, endurance riding is not a holiday.

Secondly, all the money raised, 100% of it will be going to the charity and not my costs for this trip, after very hard work I have corporate sponsors covering this.

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look around, there are plenty of cases of NW Blood Bikers ignoring offers of volunteers recently and numerous over the past 12 months also.

I'm not a fan of, I'll go riding for a bit if you donate money for charity.

And will never donate money without evidence that person doing it is funding it ENTIRELY themselves, the bike, hotels, fuel, insurance, unpaid time off work.

Otherwise it's just an excuse to go out for a ride at somebodies expense

whiteheadpaul...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:54 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there are cases of people doing things like this for their own gain.

However, I was funding everything myself, until corporate sponsors offered to help, also this is not really "just going for a ride", this is a End to End record attempt, riding constantly for 20 hours (or under) on A roads.

So therefore your comments are not only insulting to people like myself that set these records, but saying "I'll ride for a bit" is somewhat inaccurate. I completely understand people don't want to donate to something, but why make a song and dance of it and insult people who are raising money for what is essentially a good cause.

Grow up and pipe down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:01 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the forum gets posters on very regular basis, with no imagination all doing the same things for the same people that always involves them going for a ride that others pay for.

And it's always by people who sign up for that 1 reason alone.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:54 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're asking for money to put in the tank of your Battenburged Pan Euro so that you can ride around having a great laugh with your jollymob.

If you chucked it in tomorrow, our taxes would go up by tuppence ha'penny, and the NHS might even create some steady jobs for bikers.

Log out link is at the top right.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 10:04 - 11 May 2013; edited 1 time in total

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 10:02 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteheadpaul77 wrote:
Grow up and pipe down.
Laughing
You fool. Consider your behaviour on here for a second; you've signed up to an established community of people, many of whom know each other very well. You're asking for money, after having not even bothered to introduce yourself, much less integrate into said community, and we're the ones that need to pipe down?

You're worse than those bucket-rattling idiots that come into the pub on a Saturday afternoon, expecting to hustle some funds from people who just want them to sod off so they can enjoy their pint in peace. At least a bucket-rattler takes the hint when people say 'no' to them, as opposed to standing around arguing.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteheadpaul77 wrote:
I completely understand people don't want to donate to something,

I'm not sure you do.

Allow me to explain in more detail...

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7bsz1FErj1qjlvyho1_500.gif

Easter Bunny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

If you chucked it in tomorrow, our taxes would go up by tuppence ha'penny, and the NHS might even create some steady jobs for bikers.

I had no idea someone actually agreed with me on this Thumbs Up Karma

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:37 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think they're doing great stuff, bully for them, best of British and all that. But it's a jolly, not a calling. If you want to ride around in livery for larks, wizard, but don't lean down from your iron high horse to rattle your can in my face.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 11 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the NorthWest Blood Bikes based?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1