Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Peugeot V-Clic 50cc won't run after being left for 6months

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 15 May 2013    Post subject: Peugeot V-Clic 50cc won't run after being left for 6months Reply with quote

The scooter ran perfect last time he used it (6months a go), absolutely perfect no problems at all accept for the fact it has a punctured tire and then he stopped using it and bought a car (he never rid it on the punctured tire).

The bike will start but, when you accelerate it cuts out it also took a few kicks to get it running.
It will only allow you to accelerate a bit but then it'll cut and when you do accelerate the bike doesn't move.

Does it possibly need a carb clean?
Will a dead battery have anything to do with this? Will kick starting the bike then letting it run charge up the battery or shall i charge it properly?

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fuel has gone off after 6 months, drain it or syphon it out and stick some fresh stuff in.

duzzer
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:07 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

fresh fuel and a bit of a carb cleen,

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

duzzer wrote:
fresh fuel and a bit of a carb cleen,

Shall i just use a carb cleaner product from halfords or actually take out the carb and properly clean it. I've never cleaned a carb before but there's a first time for everything.

If i have to take the carb out, how shall i clean them?

Linux
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carb Cleaning

Take the carb off the bike, take the float bowl off the bottom, clean the main and pilot jets with carb cleaner and some thin wire like a guitar string, clean the air filter, recharge the battery and replace every drop of fuel.

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 17 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanLee wrote:
... and some thin wire like a guitar string.

You don't want to be shoving bits of metal into your jets.

Compressed air ftw.
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you

Linux
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 17 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmeh wrote:
DanLee wrote:
... and some thin wire like a guitar string.

You don't want to be shoving bits of metal into your jets.

Compressed air ftw.

Incase it makes the jet slightly bigger?

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 17 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanLee wrote:

Chances of increasing the hole are slim, however the potential for scratching the sides of the jet and upsetting the spray delivery is possible.
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you

Nope.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 17 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmeh wrote:
DanLee wrote:

Chances of increasing the hole are slim, however the potential for scratching the sides of the jet and upsetting the spray delivery is possible.

See above.

You want some proper carb cleaner, halfords don't tend to sell anything decent. Personally I favour STP:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/227722_10200457205211980_1365714190_n.jpg

You can buy it online.

You're going to want to take the float bowl off, remove the main jet and the pilot jet (be careful not to damage them, they're soft brass). If the main jet is in a jet carrier then remove that too. Spray them with carb cleaner (making sure to avoid seals as carb cleaner can make seals swell) and then blast them through with compressed air (preferably from an air compressor but if you don't have one you can use a can of air).

There are other parts of the carb you can clean as well but it depends upon what type of carb you've got. If you want to post a photo of the carb then we can probably give you some further advice.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 14:57 - 17 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have access to compressed air just put the jet between your lips and blow hard. I did mine this way despite having a compressor sat next to me.

Nope.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 17 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
If you don't have access to compressed air just put the jet between your lips and blow hard. I did mine this way despite having a compressor sat next to me.

Only problem I find with this method is that with multi-perforated jet carriers you won't clear out all of the holes where as by blowing compressed air through all of them you likely will.

(Plus you fill your jets with spittle, not that it particularly matters).

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 18 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the replies, told my friend to order STP carb cleaner and I will attempt to clean out his carbs for him on tuesday, will keep u updated and thanks again, really appreciate the help and youve probably saved my friend bit of $$ as theres no need to go to a mechanic now Smile Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1