Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I do lol @ insurance company's

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

kerr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:37 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: I do lol @ insurance company's Reply with quote

renewal came through today £87, no its not a lot but its went up nearly 25% so i did the usual cocompare thing, changed my name but every other detail exactly the same, got a quote for 49 quid from guess who?
MY current insurance company Confused
I genuenly do think they just pluck a number out of thin air Laughing
____________________
aprilia 125 Af1 Futura >> Suzuki gsxr 600 srad >> J1 zx6r >> cbr 600rr >> Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt94
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
1NCB- Bandit 1200 - £900
VFR800 - £1100
SV1000 - £4000+
Shocked
____________________
current; beemer 5 series!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keen to know how they react when you tell them the news of their standalone quote being cheaper than their 'valued customer renewal' quote.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Aff
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 month left on my policy, they wanted £560 to change the bike to the Fireblade.

Ended up starting another policy with only 1 years no claims on it and got it for £214, ridiculous.
____________________
Current Bikes:Honda 929RR Fireblade, Honda CD200 Benly (Project), Stomp Z2 140
Electric Bike Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:50 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

sa1988 wrote:
I'm keen to know how they react when you tell them the news of their standalone quote being cheaper than their 'valued customer renewal' quote.

Il let you know when i finish my pizza andgive them a phone Wink
This could be interesting.
____________________
aprilia 125 Af1 Futura >> Suzuki gsxr 600 srad >> J1 zx6r >> cbr 600rr >> Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aff wrote:
1 month left on my policy, they wanted £560 to change the bike to the Fireblade.

Ended up starting another policy with only 1 years no claims on it and got it for £214, ridiculous.

Quite,actually worse than the banks for their "oh i need to typesomething differant into the computer sir so that will be ££££££££££££ thanks"
____________________
aprilia 125 Af1 Futura >> Suzuki gsxr 600 srad >> J1 zx6r >> cbr 600rr >> Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-LG-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:29 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite was when I was adding business cover to my car.

Phoned them up, went though everything, 'that will be £92.50 Mr JFK'.

Last time I needed business use added it was free! No admin charge or anything.

I decided to double check that I needed it, while I was waiting for a response, I got another quote, same details etc, the difference in price for the year (compared to nine months) was £5!

Phoned them back up, got put though to a manager who said that they always give their best offers to new customers (at least they admitted it!).

In the end, as a 'goodwill' gesture, I just had to pay the admin fee of £17.50.

I very much doubt I'll go back to Admiral/Elephant/Bell again because of it.
____________________
Snow rider wrote: I'm far to annoying to be near for long periods of time
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Banger
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my renewal today. Was keen to see how much it went down with my current Insurerer as I, finally, no longer have to declare a full fault accident and a 6 month ban ! Thumbs Up

Renewal quote of £730 for both bikes . . bare bones policy. Shocked

6 calls and an hour on the phone and I've just taken a policy at £301 for both bikes, with a minimal excess ! Cool

Thats F/comp, protected no claim bonus AND excess, legal cover etc AND a years AA thrown in. . . oh, not forgetting the free £15 tool kit I qualified for just for getting the quote. . . .

Fuck you Express Insurance . . you obviously don't need my money eh. Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger
____________________
You only get one lap of lifes track . . . . so make it a fast one !
Yamaha . . Keyboards to biking nirvana.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hyaon
Traffic Copper



Joined: 14 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laff at the comparison sites who decide my current bikes are safer than a 600cc...
____________________
Mod2 Passed 30/03/2011!
CBF125>GSF650 Bandit K8>B-King 2008+R1 2002
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:39 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo after along winded phone call, after refusing there pointless cashback offer i got them down to 57 quid Very Happy just as well because the next cheapest was bennets Shocked.
Lassie had to speak to her manager 3 times, the fun really started when, just out of curiosity i asked if i could get a rough quote in the event of me passing my tests and getting a bigger bike, was passed over to a total of 5 people and just gave up.
For the record this is with swinton bikes.
____________________
aprilia 125 Af1 Futura >> Suzuki gsxr 600 srad >> J1 zx6r >> cbr 600rr >> Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Conon
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:06 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've insured both my bikes with Bennetts this year, despite vowing never to use them after the 3 stickers = 3 modifications fiasco last year. The were cheapest by a good margin. £85 from Bennetts, £130 from second cheapest.
It looks to me like they're desperate to claw back the customers they lost last year.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
Soooo after along winded phone call, after refusing there pointless cashback offer i got them down to 57 quid

You got them down to £8 more than you'd have paid by clicking on the "buy a new policy" button, then when they ask for proof of NCD from your previous insurer, saying "It was you, muppets!" Eh?

I don't even waste my time talking to insurers, I always just lapse and buy the cheapest policy, even if it's with the same outfit, to avoid the Loyalty Penalty for renewing. I'm not sure how to make it clearer that we're on to them.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
kerr wrote:
Soooo after along winded phone call, after refusing there pointless cashback offer i got them down to 57 quid

You got them down to £8 more than you'd have paid by clicking on the "buy a new policy" button, then when they ask for proof of NCD from your previous insurer, saying "It was you, muppets!" Eh?

I don't even waste my time talking to insurers, I always just lapse and buy the cheapest policy, even if it's with the same outfit, to avoid the Loyalty Penalty for renewing. I'm not sure how to make it clearer that we're on to them.

I did think of that but iv always been wary of buying outright online, dont know why really, and really i just couldnt be arsed starting all over again using my real name.
____________________
aprilia 125 Af1 Futura >> Suzuki gsxr 600 srad >> J1 zx6r >> cbr 600rr >> Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horses for courses, but I far prefer keying it in myself rather than relying on Phoney McDrone who will type in any old bollocks to close the sale and hit their target.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Re: I do lol @ insurance company's Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
I genuenly do think they just pluck a number out of thin air Laughing


I think you'll find it's their arse, rather than thin air!
____________________
"Everybody needs money, that's why they call it money!" Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.8 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 86.98 Kb