Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

can i learn das b4 my 21st and take the test on my 21st bday

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to New Bikers by Korn (21 Jun 2004 - 01:15)
View previous topic : View next topic  

big2dave
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:59 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: can i learn das b4 my 21st and take the test on my 21st bday Reply with quote

a friend told me i can learn das b4 my 21st and take the test on my 21st bday is this ture?

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 23:01 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think you can ride anything over a 125 to learn on before you are 21 even if you are with a school. Not sure tho.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 23:01 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not be allowed on he bigger bike before you are 21. Oh and this board does not like text talk.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAS consists of:

CBT
learning on a 125
Theory test
Learning on a 500
Test

You will be able to do the CBT, theory test and 125 sections of the DAS before you are 21. however 500 lessons and the test will have to wait untill you are 21.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dibbster
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:34 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you would be best off (if under 21) doing test on a 125 been 'restricted' for two years and then riding anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

T.C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 20 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could learn the technique of what is required to pass the test before you are 21, but you would not be able to ride a bike with more than 14.7 BHP until either you are over 21 or you have passed the test on a 125 obtained a restricted licence and learn on a 33 BHP machine.

You would be better off waiting for a test date a few weeks after your 21st so that it would give you time to familiarize yourself with the bigger machine.

big2dave
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:18 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have done my Theory test (yay) and i will do my cbt agin soon as its ran out this will take 2 bits off for when im 21 in two moths

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could go to your local DAS centre before your 21 and ask them if you could learn off road on one of there bikes, like do part of a CBT on a playground or something, they can only say yes or no.

It would more likely be a no, as you wouldn't be covered under there insurance, if you dropped the bike etc.

As the rest have said wait till your 21 and take it then, or do the 33BHP test now and when your 21 take the accelerated access course which would give you a full licence straight away without the 2 year waiting gap.

Hope that helps,

Craig

Last edited by iCraig on 12:19 - 21 Jun 2004; edited 1 time in total

priller
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:13 - 21 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:
DAS consists of:

CBT
learning on a 125
Theory test
Learning on a 500
Test

No, you do CBT and go straight onto a 500.

Quote:
It would more likely be a no, as you wouldn't be covered under there insurance, if you dropped the bike etc.

A lot of places charge you for any damage if you drop a bike.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1