BCF: Bike Chat Forums

full licence

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jonny491
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:53 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: full licence Reply with quote

Hi guys, I've been riding my geared 125 for just over 2 gears and thinking of doing my full test, and I'm just wondering how how much it would and how many lessons I'd need? Also what would be good first bikes, cheers in advance

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:44 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

See... pretty much every previous thread.

If you're competent and confident, all you should really need is familiarisation with a bigger bike. You can practice all the loop looping and hoop jumping on your own 125.

Good luck finding a training school who will do 1 day of training and then rent you a bike and accompanying instructor for both tests. They're businesses, they want your money.

The other way to do it is to buy your own 600cc+ bike, insure it through Bikesure (for example) on your provisionaL, practice on a private road, get it to the test centre legally and do the tests yourself.

Get a Fireblade, you girl.

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't he do his test on the 125? Or have the rules changed.. haven't really kept up with the confusion.

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

do a test on a 125, get stuck with a 125...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:51 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you?

gavbriggs
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:12 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: Re: full licence Reply with quote

Jonny491 wrote:
Hi guys, I've been riding my geared 125 for just over 2 gears

So you've been up to third gear and your thinking of doing your test? I would recommend 4th and 5th before you get a bigger engine

Jonny491
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:14 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 19 and haha my bad meant years

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:06 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. You can only do the "A2" tests. That's on a bike at least 395cc, making between 25-35kW. GS500, NC700, CB500, some cruiser trash, or else you'll need to show "evidence" of restriction.

Typically you'll want to speak to all the local training schools and negotiate a price and timescale with them.

Atypically, you can buy your own A2 bike from this list, but it's tricky to do it all legally.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:
Don't bother paying a training school to use their bike I have already inquired you need at least one lesson on a bigger bike.

Do A1 on your 125 keep a hold of your pass certificate and provisional then buy a rubber what removes ink rub out the one replace it with the number 2.

Still don't bother claiming your pink licence because the pass certificate is valid for two years when you are 24 do the DAS to acquire the A licence this time surrender your provisional to the examiner he will send it off.

Edit didn't know you're 19 this is still worth doing though just because you can.

Quoted for proof, before you change it seriously Shocked
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 14 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there needs to be a special 'illegal - report to the police' option for the karma system.
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:18 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmeh wrote:
I think there needs to be a special 'illegal - report to the police' custom title for Jivebunny.

Thumbs Up

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmeh wrote:
I think there needs to be a special 'illegal - report to the police' option for the karma system.

Please remember this guy is changed he has redeemed himself. He is not the same person who shouts when offered advice he doesn't want to hear. Or the person that says he will find the grave of a members father and shit on it.

Oh no he is pure changed member a saint. Laughing

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:52 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

da fuq did I just read being advised?

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:41 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:
Don't bother paying a training school to use their bike I have already inquired you need at least one lesson on a bigger bike.

Do A1 on your 125 keep a hold of your pass certificate and provisional then buy a rubber what removes ink rub out the one replace it with the number 2.

Still don't bother claiming your pink licence because the pass certificate is valid for two years when you are 24 do the DAS to acquire the A licence this time surrender your provisional to the examiner he will send it off.

Edit didn't know you're 19 this is still worth doing though just because you can.

Vote as funny or give bad karma Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:14 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Re: full licence Reply with quote

Jonny491 wrote:
Hi guys, I've been riding my geared 125 for just over 2 gears and thinking of doing my full test, and I'm just wondering how how much it would and how many lessons I'd need? Also what would be good first bikes, cheers in advance

I'd been riding for about 6-8 months on my own bike, had an assessment by the riding school and a days training to pass my mod 1, another day out on the road and then a few hours before test for mod 2 and done.

This was 3 weeks apart if I remember correctly.

[edit] forgot to mention I did my tests on my own bike as was still in time for the 33bhp route
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:13 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:

The lying thieving or cheat the Government don't like competition do they? The mother ship in orbit will be looking down on this thread planning the next attack.

Chief brown nosed mindless drone? I am the saviour.

Confused

TheCatSatOnTh...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:16 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF's moral compass baffles me at times, it really does. Bodyguard passed a test which two years ago would deem him good enough to ride a 1000cc restricted to 33bhp (honest 'guv). Due to the passage of time him he is now restricted to a 125cc unless he has the balls to do a bit of fiddling this is wholly unacceptable and is a kitten killer?

I'm not suggesting it's right, but I am saying in the grand scheme of things it's hardly crime of the century.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:

Suggest you read https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=270718 paragraph 3... some police officers ride motorcycles, some are BCF members..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:

while im not opposed to bending and sometimes breaking the law.
why on earth would you risk the fraud charges,potential ban/revocation when caught?
just to get a license that is an easy no risk task within the law.
i still dont think you are a real person.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:31 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wristjob wrote:

Well he is...

But no. Would not advise doing that but I'm not in a place to say what is wrong and what is right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 15 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:
wristjob wrote:
while im not opposed to bending and sometimes breaking the law.
why on earth would you risk the fraud charges,potential ban/revocation when caught?
just to get a license that is an easy no risk task within the law.

The tape worms did not think hard enough when they decided to make it an intricate task for anyone wanting to start a love affair with a bigger bike. You would not be stopped if everything else is legal only if you ride like a twat but let's say you did and you have the superheros would be clueless if you whipped out the pass certificate along with your provisional from down your panties the only person who knows you have passed is the examiner who passed you.

Yes it is just as easy to go down the correct tubes and pay a training school for minimal training and pass with relative ease if you've already passed on a 125.

I am not advocating anyone do this but I am just saying it can be done as easily as changing a 1 to a 2 how very tempting.

The wheels on the moral fag band wagon go round and round round and round round and round.... Whistle Unless someone can explain how it is any different to riding without a restriction kit fitted when you've actually passed the A2 and how many do that?

As for me I am not ready to ditch my mighty varadero just yet once I've saved up a few grand I will see where I am at. I'm twenty four in nine months nine days which is when I can legally pass the test on a 600cc+ and ride what I like. EKKK.

not a moral argument its a risk/reward argumentl.
there is the easy no risk legal route but costs some money(its not hard to find)
or your tactic which is high risk and asking for trouble.
if you arent going to do the legal way you might as well not bother with any of it and just get the bike you want and ride it,ok if you get caught the will take the bike but its going to be less money than the test and insurance and points on a license you havent got arent gong to make you cry.
either live outside the system like a gypo or live within it.
dipping your toe in the system like you suggest is just asking for trouble.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 289 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2