Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Need advice about TAX trouble and DVLA

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

metal_music_123
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:25 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Need advice about TAX trouble and DVLA Reply with quote

Right...

I part exchanged my old bike for another motorcycle some time ago. The dealer agreed that he would take care of the transfer paperwork (bad start I know, never again). He has been advertising the bike for some time now although I have no idea if it has been sold or not

I received a late notification of tax payment from the DVLA which I replied to using the tear slip provided explaining that the bike had been traded in and I was no longer the keeper, (everything that they asked me for). I did not get any confirmation that this response was received and have now been issued with a letter of fine!!!

I have called DVLA who instructed me that they did not receive my letter letting them know about this, and I've to re-send the details to them again to change the details over, however I shall still be issued with the fine! Is there any way I could successfully appeal this or is it a lost cause as I have no proof that I did send the original letter however I'm furious that it has been "lost" on the way. I have posted off my details recorded delivery but am hanging off paying this fine until I know more, but it is my understanding that even if I get my letter of acknowledgement through, because it is late I'll still need to pay this stupid fine. Ultimately I know it's my fault for not sorting the paperwork myself, however I just find it strange that when I've replied to a letter they send me, my updated info was lost...

Anyone been in a similar position?

Cheers
____________________
CBT - 20/05/11, Theory - 11/09/12, MOD 1 - 06/11/12, MOD 2 - 27/11/12

Gilera Cougar 125, Suzuki GSX 750 F, Yamaha XV Virago 535
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SQL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:43 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

interprations act etc etc your brothers aunts uncle saw me post it
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=227282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:56 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=227282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 Thumbs Up

You Englanders may be on a sticky wicket with that now.

OP is a Scotch though, so it's still worth a punt in front of the Sheriff.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:42 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQL wrote:
interprations act etc etc your brothers aunts uncle saw me post it


Oh well that's cleared things up for me. Thanks m8.. Thumbs Up

Very Happy
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:44 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Re: Need advice about TAX trouble and DVLA Reply with quote

metal_music_123 wrote:
Right...

I part exchanged my old bike for another motorcycle some time ago. The dealer agreed that he would take care of the transfer paperwork (bad start I know, never again). He has been advertising the bike for some time now although I have no idea if it has been sold or not

I received a late notification of tax payment from the DVLA which I replied to using the tear slip provided explaining that the bike had been traded in and I was no longer the keeper, (everything that they asked me for). I did not get any confirmation that this response was received and have now been issued with a letter of fine!!!

I have called DVLA who instructed me that they did not receive my letter letting them know about this, and I've to re-send the details to them again to change the details over, however I shall still be issued with the fine! Is there any way I could successfully appeal this or is it a lost cause as I have no proof that I did send the original letter however I'm furious that it has been "lost" on the way. I have posted off my details recorded delivery but am hanging off paying this fine until I know more, but it is my understanding that even if I get my letter of acknowledgement through, because it is late I'll still need to pay this stupid fine. Ultimately I know it's my fault for not sorting the paperwork myself, however I just find it strange that when I've replied to a letter they send me, my updated info was lost...

Anyone been in a similar position?

Cheers


Why we hate DVLA:
Welsh.

Razz

Only kidding, some of the Welsh are awright cnuts.
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.39 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 50.92 Kb