Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda CBR 125R modifications/ improvements

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Bastardise it with an open class 2smoke MX engine, and make a CBR death weapon like CHR1S's. Thumbs Up

I want to put a 300cc KTM lump in mine Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

The grandpa bike in my sig does 120.
Just buy one of those and skip the tinkering part. You'll be better off for it.

Think of it like a sleeper bike.

Mendipman319
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:13 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt94 wrote:
National speed limit is 70.

You're claiming it will do 20mph more so that's 90mph. Clapping

Yet you haven't taken it above an apparant 75mph.

Are you retarded?

A national speed limit sign means 60mph on most roads. It is only on motorways that it goes to 70mph. I live 30 miles from the nearest motorway, so here we have no need to go over 60mph.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendipman319 wrote:
A national speed limit sign means 60mph on most roads. It is only on motorways that it goes to 70mph. I live 30 miles from the nearest motorway, so here we have no need to go over 60mph.

Dual carriageway NSL is 70mph.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:17 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendipman319 wrote:

Wrong

https://goo.gl/maps/rT1Uc

That is a 70. It is an A road.

Single lane National limit roads are 60
2 lane or bigger are 70 unless otherwise posted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

esullivan
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:19 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendipman319 wrote:

Have you taken your theory test yet? I'm guessing not. Better brush up on that section, then. You certainly have dual carriageway A roads in your area.

Last edited by esullivan on 19:20 - 25 Jun 2013; edited 1 time in total

Mendipman319
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:19 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:
Mendipman319 wrote:

Dual carriageway NSL is 70mph.

None of them around here! I mean this in the nicest way possible but can you guys seriously back of with the comments? I came here to ask about things I can do to my bike, if I wanted to argue I would have asked you to. Some of the comments seriously make me think about deleting this account, thanks to the guys who try and be useful but if you are not here to answer my original question can you please not say it?

Carvel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendipman319 wrote:
Matt94 wrote:
National speed limit is 70.

You're claiming it will do 20mph more so that's 90mph. Clapping

Yet you haven't taken it above an apparant 75mph.

Are you retarded?

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8s0pdzg1h1qk1b4io1_1280.png

Matt B: I can deal with crushed nuts to beat Ollie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:22 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things to do with your bike, ride it.

It is a slow overpriced 125, but of course you knew that Mr National Limit Wink

All you can do is make it sound less lawnmower and more burp.

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 22:52 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendipman319 wrote:

None of them around here! I mean this in the nicest way possible but can you guys seriously back of with the comments? I came here to ask about things I can do to my bike, if I wanted to argue I would have asked you to. Some of the comments seriously make me think about deleting this account, thanks to the guys who try and be useful but if you are not here to answer my original question can you please not say it?

By all means flounce and delete your account, the amount of fucks given will be the same as that in a nunnery or paddy's house on any given night. (Sorry paddy, I love you really)

You will find that your question was answered just unfortunately it was not the answer you wanted. Sorry - you are playing with the big boys now and we won't pet your little teenage sorry ego like mummy does.

Read the thread again, take onboard the replies... Learn to give back and we will all get along lovely.

Smile

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:24 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sako wrote:
Best mod I would say is to leave it as it is and start using the cash to build up some really decent bike gear for all eventualities, by the time you have got your bigger bike you'll have all the right gear you wanted.

Is probably the correct answer. There are going to be a lot of people stuck on 125s for 2 years, they're going to want to spend on something.

Matt94
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:38 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty if I had a new shape cbr when I had my 125, I wouldn't dare try messing with it. It's a good looking bike and will turn more heads than your average run of the mill cg/ybr. It's not a turd so why try and polish it?

illuminateTHE...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should of purchased a yzf r125 mate tbh. Same things but the yzf r125cc looks better and is well supported in terms of aftermarket parts.

All i can suggest are...

Screen
Exhaust
Up side down forks

yzf r125 [SOLD] sv650 [CURRENT]

Sako
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

illuminateTHEmind wrote:
You should of purchased a yzf r125 mate tbh. Same things but the yzf r125cc looks better and is well supported in terms of aftermarket parts.

All i can suggest are...

Screen
Exhaust
Up side down forks

Why buy a YZF?? One little toy bike is as good as another, just get one and pass tests. YZF is just a started up learner bike, waste of cash really.

illuminateTHE...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sako wrote:
illuminateTHEmind wrote:

All i can suggest are...

Screen
Exhaust
Up side down forks

Why buy a YZF?? One little toy bike is as good as another, just get one and pass tests. YZF is just a started up learner bike, waste of cash really.

One could argue that if you are going to be stuck with a 125cc for 2 years then you should at least get one that looks nice.
Seriously random folk will come up to me my bike and stare and compliment, which is surprising considering its a 125cc.
I would say the yzf r125 is a good 'toy' considering it only cost £700 odd more than used than a used cbf 125cc. Also this so called toy price will depreciate at a much slower rate compared to the cbf as well, which will play in handy once the owner is ready for a bigger bike.

But i get were your coming from, the yamaha yzf r125 is 125cc which isn't fast enough for most riders. I would also admit the bike usp is its looks not power, which entices most young males. But all in all its all about what you want, do you want a budget bike or something that looks nice and pretty.

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendipman319 wrote:
Some of the comments seriously make me think about deleting this account, thanks to the guys who try and be useful but if you are not here to answer my original question can you please not say it?

https://i.imgur.com/xPcR0pT.jpg

And no fucks were given when Mendipman deleted his account. Byeee.

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendipman319 wrote:
I mean this in the nicest way possible but can you guys seriously back of with the comments? I came here to ask about things I can do to my bike, if I wanted to argue I would have asked you to. Some of the comments seriously make me think about deleting this account, thanks to the guys who try and be useful but if you are not here to answer my original question can you please not say it?

Fuck off you tart.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible Wink Stop being a bitch, you'll look back in a couple years at these posts and think, what a nobber I am Laughing

illuminateTHE...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:15 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutchy wrote:
Mendipman319 wrote:
I mean this in the nicest way possible but can you guys seriously back of with the comments? I came here to ask about things I can do to my bike, if I wanted to argue I would have asked you to. Some of the comments seriously make me think about deleting this account, thanks to the guys who try and be useful but if you are not here to answer my original question can you please not say it?

Fuck off you tart.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible Wink Stop being a bitch, you'll look back in a couple years at these posts and think, what a nobber I am Laughing

Talking from experience clutchy?

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:05 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just crash bobbins if i was you.

If you really want to even though i wouldn't recommend it...

Race exhaust, tail tidy, double bubble or tinted screen, K&N air filter and orange pro bolt kit.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt94 wrote:
In all honesty if I had a new shape cbr when I had my 125, I wouldn't dare try messing with it. It's a good looking bike and will turn more heads than your average run of the mill cg/ybr. It's not a turd so why try and polish it?

Because it's not a turd is a reason TO polish it!

...and nothing more.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:

I'm amazed how many [licence holding] people don't appear to know this, on the A127 there are always queues of cars doing precisely 60mph along the average speed sections.

Sako
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

illuminateTHEmind wrote:

One could argue that if you are going to be stuck with a 125cc for 2 years then you should at least get one that looks nice.
Seriously random folk will come up to me my bike and stare and compliment, which is surprising considering its a 125cc.
I would say the yzf r125 is a good 'toy' considering it only cost £700 odd more than used than a used cbf 125cc. Also this so called toy price will depreciate at a much slower rate compared to the cbf as well, which will play in handy once the owner is ready for a bigger bike.

But i get were your coming from, the yamaha yzf r125 is 125cc which isn't fast enough for most riders. I would also admit the bike usp is its looks not power, which entices most young males. But all in all its all about what you want, do you want a budget bike or something that looks nice and pretty.

See where your coming from, I just feel that a learner should be on something cheap and without flashy plastics as it has a high chance of being dropped.

I have seen a few of the YZF' s and have to admit for a 125 they look pretty tidy, and the appeal is there for a young rider but not necessarily the most sensible choice.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
##Paddy## wrote:

I'm amazed how many [licence holding] people don't appear to know this, on the A127 there are always queues of cars doing precisely 60mph along the average speed sections.

As far as I'm aware the distinction is not number of lanes but number of seperated sections.

There are a few roads about that have one lane in either direction seperated by a verge. My interpretation is that those roads are 70mph limits.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:

There are a few roads about that have one lane in either direction seperated by a verge. My interpretation is that those roads are 70mph limits.

My interpretation of that road would be 60mph.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 26 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
Derivative wrote:

My interpretation of that road would be 60mph.

Fair enough. It'd be interesting to find out definitively, though.

Slip roads, for example, can be single lane.

I'm trying to find the road near me on Google Maps that turns from a 2-lane DC into a one-lane DC for a bit. Still seperated by trees and a verge.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&t=926626&mid=0&i=80

Massive debate on the topic here.

https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/59/43/1594392_0921e28b.jpg

Brilliant Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4