Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BCF Vapers Thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: BCF Vapers Thread Reply with quote

My original 1st post in this thread is below these pics.

https://i.imgur.com/CJOP7t3.png
https://i.imgur.com/2HvmUBa.png
https://i.imgur.com/6JODmX4.png
https://i.imgur.com/FcFIBP5.png

So I have bit the bullet and bought a Ce4 Ego.
https://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=180

I love smoking Marlboro reds but with them costing £8 a day it isnt a cheap habit.

I've only got the standard tobacco flavour fluid, it tastes a bit sweet.
What other flavours do you guys like?

Last edited by CaNsA on 16:25 - 03 Sep 2015; edited 7 times in total

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't smoke, but might just start using this.

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
I don't smoke, but might just start using this.

Why? Confused

I don't smoke but these e-cigs seem to be a great way for people to give up, or at the very least save money and not inhale so much crap into their bodies.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only do you save money...
You aren't paying ridiculous tax on ciggies.
You dont struggle to light up in high winds Very Happy
You can vape in pubs etc.

I'm just hoping it works for me tbh, i would much rather be spending £56 a week on something else.

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye the government are on the case for the loss of tax due to them! They need to be regulated they say, yeah right they just want to slap some tax on them.

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irn-Bru wrote:
Aye the government are on the case for the loss of tax due to them! They need to be regulated they say, yeah right they just want to slap some tax on them.

Yes, to get regulated you need to pay to do so, it's something silly like 2 million notes.
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fancy one but there are too many to choose from.

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
I fancy one but there are too many to choose from.

Me too, any BCF dudes care to review theirs ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AaronCooper
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:09 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a 650 or 900mah battery, normally £10-15.

Throw this on it https://vapourhut.com/atomisers-cartomisers/tanks/vh-nova

Fill with liquid and enjoy.

-------------

It's better than the vision/CE4/CE5 etc.
Get the 2ml option so it doesn't look like a lollipop whilst using it.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:24 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kit i linked in my 1st post (£25 starter kit) has been ok today.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Mk1 and Mk2 screwdrivers. The glycol fucked me up so they went into the cupboard.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's bucket loads of flavour reviews on youtube but everybodys different, the only real way is to try a few, a lot of places do wee samplers like these
https://www.vapeescape.co.uk/Grizwalds-Gourmet-Liquids/Grizwalds-Samplers/Grizwalds-5ml-Samplers.html

santa668
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CE4 (Visions) are okay at first, but they're prone to inconsistent flavour and leakage. The Vivi Nova is fairly decent, I used them for about 6 months, but also had problems with leakage. My favourite at the moment is the Protank, which is a bit big for an eGo battery, but the eVod fits an eGo perfectly and looks pretty snazzy on top. Best of all, not a single leakage issue with either of these bottom coil atomisers!

eVods
Protanks

At some point you'll read about VV (variable voltage) and VW (variable wattage) - do yourself a favour and get a device which does one or both of these. The difference in taste and vapour production is massive when you can adjust the power to hit the sweet spot for your atomiser and juice. Ego Twist/Vision Spinner is the cheapest option, but mods are the way forward, Vamo or SVD are decent options with lots of features, but may feel rather like a lightsabre...

Believe me though, if you use your 650mah battery often, you'll soon get tired of the short life and you'll want something better. Don't just get a bigger eGo, get a high power Twist or Spinner, or even better a mod, and vape like a train!

Spinner
Vamo

For more info, check out a forum like AAEC-UK or UK Vapers

If you don't like the prices of this kit, check out Fasttech, takes a couple of weeks to arrive from Hong Kong, but free shipping and low prices, bit of a deal Thumbs Up

...oh and Grizwald's juices are fantastic Very Happy

calyx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

(ex red marlboro and drum smoker/roller)
I use joyetech eroll mainly. Totally recommend it with the low resistance atomizers. Don't bother with the standard resistance. throat hit is so weak you end up sucking it all day long.
If you are happy with the cigar size device, you might consider a variable voltage device like "vision spinner". Variable voltage makes a huge difference.

In terms of marlboro like juice, if you fancy "a hint of liquorice" black cat from vapeescape.com feels like smoking a real cigarette.
dark vapure from flavourart.co.uk is good as well if you feel like mixing your own liquid.
flavour art has some awesome tahiti vanilla and espresso nutzilla worth trying as well.
Some folks here enjoy their ry4 flavour all day long. I don't like ry4 but I can't say it is unvapable. It is better than meh. 6 out of 10.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny - just 5 mins ago finished off my first mentholy one that I bought on a whim when getting some petrol in the bike. This was about 5 days ago. Cost me what - £6 odd. This was from a BP garage, they were selling them on the counter display thang.

Not sure what I reckon. They seem to make my gut feel a bit weird - not in a good way. And I'm not sure I quite get that back-of-the-throat hit vibe, like of real fags - which is the best. I love that. Secondly, I didn't get any of that light-headedness - that quick rush you get of proper fags. I wanted that, but I didn't get anything even remotely like it. Exhaling and seeing a cloud of something resembling smoke was pretty enjoyable, though. Not sure it was "enough" though.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

calyx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
I have the Mk1 and Mk2 screwdrivers. The glycol fucked me up so they went into the cupboard.

Did you try a 100% PG liquid? It usually is the VG that fucks up the throat.

AaronCooper
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 29 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Not sure what I reckon. They seem to make my gut feel a bit weird - not in a good way.

Those cheaper kits use cartridges which the liquid is soaked into a mesh. The top of the mesh tends to try out and burn, I personally don't think it's safe. I had the same feeling when I used them a long time ago.

And I'm not sure I quite get that back-of-the-throat hit vibe, like of real fags - which is the best. I love that. Secondly, I didn't get any of that light-headedness - that quick rush you get of proper fags. I wanted that, but I didn't get anything even remotely like it

Try higher nicotine strength such as 36mg, this will give you a killer throat hit and maybe a nicotine rush, although I must admit as I only use 18mg or lower, I don't get the nicotine rush like you would from cigs.

That being said, I don't think there's an easy way of quitting smoking. Sure it's not the exact same but it's pretty damn close. Beats sucking on one of those tampons the NHS recommend! Laughing

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive ordered...
another clearothingy
5ml samples of ENERGY COW! USA Mix and cherry flavours.
13quid delivered from vape escape.

Very Happy

energy cow fuck yeah!

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

calyx wrote:
Hetzer wrote:

Did you try a 100% PG liquid? It usually is the VG that fucks up the throat.

I was going to try vegetable glycerin but gave up smoking before I could get around to it.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just replace the liquid canister, are there any plans for... superior substance e-cigs? Laughing

AaronCooper
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:46 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:
If you just replace the liquid canister, are there any plans for... superior substance e-cigs? Laughing

People have already manufactured THC liquid.

There's a video on youtube of soulja boy or someone like that smoking it with his friends.

calyx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

I was going to try vegetable glycerin but gave up smoking before I could get around to it.

That's even better Laughing

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:40 - 30 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

calyx wrote:
Some folks here enjoy their ry4 flavour all day long. I don't like ry4 but I can't say it is unvapable. It is better than meh. 6 out of 10.

It depends on who makes it, I've tried Liberty Flights RY4, Titan RY4 and another I can't remember the name of which wasn't great anyway. The Liberty Flights RY4 is easily the best and most delicious I've tried, so much so that a 100ml bottle arrived yesterday!

For those starting up, this is a better kit than messing about with supermarket ecigs which are generally shit, and better than some similar kits that are a few quid cheaper. There's also more cheaper cigalike versions if you don't want to shell out that much at first.

Joyetech stuff is usually good quality, got a good range of options, and they're doing 20% off till July 12th too.

Ordered this from fasttech last week.. just hoping it turns up before we leave on Thursday!

Edit: FYI if anyone is making their own, Boots sell pharma-grade Glycerol 200ml for £1.39. Much cheaper than ecig suppliers.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:22 - 01 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's next, an e-bike, wait a minute Confused Laughing

I say screw substitutes, if you smoke, then smoke, if you don't, then do not start Cool

SlimRick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:45 - 01 Jul 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went from 30 a day, to the 10motive e-cigs, and then recently onto an EVOD refillable.
They work for some people but not others - personally, I never even craved a proper ciggie after I switched. I've gone from spending a tenner a day to thirty quid a month Smile

https://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/Slimrick72/evod_zps8c73dffe.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 1 of 76