Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BCF Vapers Thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
No drama, just asking opinions. Is it right that children start to vape?

What child are you asking about?

your ankle biters of the teenagers?

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
I saw my stepson's gf sucking on a vape in my house through photos on FB. He is just turned 15 and the gf maybe 14. Sure she is not a heavy smoker trying to stop, I think just trying to fit a trend.
Trend or not, plenty of people start smoking for whatever reason in their teen's, i'd much rather someone I knew vape than smoke as things are currently. If vaping wasn't an option she (and he) might well be a heavy smoker now, or a year down the line.
Chinaboy wrote:
My wife says it is harmless, but I disagree, starting to vape as a trend, being a child, can it lead to trying the real thing.
In my opinion, no one can say its harmless, as I don't think its been proven adequately yet - but it could well be harmless long-term. Tobacco definitely is harmful however and considering most kids will see people smoking around them regularly sooner or later, i'd rather they see people vaping myself. Whether someone decides to smoke/vape in front of them is upto them really, if you take a kid through town they will see people drinking alcohol at most times of the day, it doesn't mean they're necessarily more likely to become heavy drinkers - it depends on how things are explained to them.

As for it setting trends, I don't think i'd agree with that personally, but it could be true. Vaping as a "gateway" to tobacco hasn't been researched accurately or fairly, just like other drugs being a "gateway" hasn't.

https://dailycaller.com/2016/01/27/study-claiming-teen-e-cigarette-use-leads-to-smoking-not-supported-by-evidence/

https://www.theguardian.com/science/sifting-the-evidence/2015/mar/03/is-cannabis-a-gateway-drug
Chinaboy wrote:
Is it right that children start to vape?
You're talking about teenagers, so I think thats a bit of a different debate in a way - but is it right they smoke, drink, do drugs, have sex? Right or wrong a lot of them are still going to do it. If they're willing to vape, I expect they're willing to smoke if you take that away, so again its more a case of deciding which you think has more risks I think.

Last edited by -Matt- on 19:24 - 02 Oct 2016; edited 1 time in total

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't consider 15 year olds as being 'children' except in the legal sense.

At 16 they'll be deciding on the start of their careers, at 17-18 they'll be deciding whether to take on tens of thousands in student loans, whether to go into the armed forces, etc.

Quote:
Vaping as a "gateway" to tobacco

I'd be interested in a BCF poll on this, to be honest. The idea just makes no sense to me. Without knowing the long term, vaping is basically most of the benefits of smoking without most of the negatives.

I could see someone going from pound shop 'nicolites' to smoking, I couldn't see them going from a proper setup.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:

Well, I guess the influence the teenagers have on my ankle biters.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, thanks for your insight. This was my worry about a gateway to other things, and like Derivative says, maybe a poll will be interesting to see what BCF's think.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
CaNsA wrote:

Well, I guess the influence the teenagers have on my ankle biters.

By what method of communication is this "influence" being sent?

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well?

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Well?
Well..... you say you don't have kids, but I know you are not stupid about life. From a fathers' point of view you see your children mimic what you do, my 5 year old acts just like me in several ways, silly things that others don't notice. Seeing that his older brother is an 'influence' in his life too, he will also want to do. You cant tell me that as a kid you never tried things that you saw others do right, it's natural. Smoking or vaping is something I want to keep them away from for as long as possible.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, bullet has been bitten, visited a couple of vape shops, first one was really shit with such a small stock of gear it was laughable. Went to evolution vaping near brum instead and it was a completely different world. Friendly and busy , guy at the counter had a chat and soph has gone for an Athena 20watt variable jobby with rhubarb & custard juice. I've been having a go on it but felt like I wanted something with more oomph and feel to it to get me off the cigs etc so I've ordered a innokin tc100, probably overkill but nice to have some versatility to play around with.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
CaNsA wrote:
Well?
Well..... you say you don't have kids, but I know you are not stupid about life. From a fathers' point of view you see your children mimic what you do, my 5 year old acts just like me in several ways, silly things that others don't notice. Seeing that his older brother is an 'influence' in his life too, he will also want to do. You cant tell me that as a kid you never tried things that you saw others do right, it's natural. Smoking or vaping is something I want to keep them away from for as long as possible.

What if they were to start showing an interest in motorbikes?

Stop being a fucking drama queen.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 02 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really this bullshit should be in a thread in Dear Auntie BCF and the title should be "am i being a fucking drama queen over such a non-issue"

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 04 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've stolen sophs today as mine is still waiting delivery, the zeus juice rhubarb and custard she has is really nice tasting

shame I can't use it at my desk Laughing

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 05 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

treats for me to try
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Stevie_J/IMG_20161005_112139_zps36jen8l4.jpg

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 05 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:

Thats the stuff my missus buys to use in the same tank that soph has.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 05 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

figured it worth a punt at £1 a bottle, if it's a bit shit then i'll still use it but know not to bother again. If i like it then brill. Thumbs Up

most of them smell really nice, the milkshake one smells slightly odd in that it reminds me slightly of energy drink..

choco nana smells amazing

Saraya
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:42 - 05 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried Digby's apple and cinnamon.
Shocked My uvula is on fire. I like cinnamon, but damn...

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 05 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:
figured it worth a punt at £1 a bottle, if it's a bit shit then i'll still use it but know not to bother again. If i like it then brill. Thumbs Up

most of them smell really nice, the milkshake one smells slightly odd in that it reminds me slightly of energy drink..

Source? I've been struggling to find low nic cheap juice. Poundland stuff is generally 16mg (11mg if it's not all already been bought).

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:30 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:
Shinigami wrote:

Source? I've been struggling to find low nic cheap juice. Poundland stuff is generally 16mg (11mg if it's not all already been bought).

https://www.onepoundeliquid.com/

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

also https://vapeshoreditch.com/vape99?m=VAPE99

enter promo code VAPE99, 3 bottles for 99p all in, no postage cost.

cancel subscription once box despatched (unless you want to continue subscribing)

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

the capucino flavour is a bit shit, tastes like cheap coffee centred chocolates

choc-a-nana...tastes ok, not amazing, actually taste very little banana, mainly tastes like chocolate ice cream topping but less sweet, maybe a bit like those chocolate cigarettes from back in the day

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:37 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys I'm after advice. For those of you who self mix I'm open to suggestions and suppliers you use. Last mix I did was 80/20 vg-pg with 6mg nic and added 90ml of red astaire flavor. And all was good, however feel like I should up the nice to 9mg as I can chug on 6 all day on a 0.5ohm sub tank.

Would like to try something vanilla/ custard maybe but I'd be interested in what you guys mix recipe wise and which suppliers you use if mail order

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 08 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered the 3 for 99p worth a try cheers

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried vapeshoreditch fruit salad and bubblegum liquids, they're ok, nice enough but don't have a particularly strong taste, especially compared to the zeus juice soph has. Using up the bubblegum before I try another flavour

still experimenting with wattage/temperature etc, currently on .5 ohm ss coil at 50w

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

bladerunner wrote:

Would like to try something vanilla/ custard maybe but I'd be interested in what you guys mix recipe wise and which suppliers you use if mail order

Flavour Apprentice Frosted Donut mixed with Vanilla Custard is a good one to try.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks wr6133. I've ordered a litre of 12mg base and 100ml of vanilla custard flavour! so just might give that a shot Smile plenty spare to mix up a sample batch!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 73 of 76