Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scoot boys....bless 'em!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 16:34 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

As noted i said it brought out the arsehole streak in blokes.

Oh yeh i will agree in the 'getting you around argument' they are bloody good. But so are unicycles... How many of them do you hear people ranting on about.

What i object to anyway is the delusions that they are a) fast, b)any where near the experience of riding a geared motorcycle.

And they are gutless, gutless compared to a lawnmower even, especially since my point was mainly at somerset scratcher who, correct me if im wrong, is still riding a fully restricted ped. That means its barely kicking out what... 2.5 brake, maybe 3? Then we get stories of it thrashing cars off the lights.... i imagine they were too busy passing a joint round or such to notice the lights change.

Not to mention the whole fad of revving them at the lights, and pretend gear shifting. All scooter riders want to be on a 'proper' bike, and all scooters round here have gravel surfed at least 3 times, leading to my point of them being unsafe.
Imagine, hit a pot hole, midget front wheel, gone. Lean too far and hit centre stand... gone. Rear end someone when youre doing that stupid townyish leaning over the front chin above the front wheel 'cos it makes it go faster' Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Maybe you havent had the experiences of scooter riders i have, but all i have met are cunts, and frankly every time i see a scooter do something stupid, i want them to fall off. One came round the strange swan neck bend thing we have to get into college at about 40ish... and went so wide he missed the curb by an inch, and was so lent over with his ground clearance like an inch off the floor. And the best bit, he was in general stupid burberry crap, etc. With little neon light thingies on his ped. Some how he kept grip, got back upright and punched the air and rode off. I mean come on.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 16:45 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooters are bloody nippy and will beat lots of things off the lights. Maybe not for very far, but they'll have the initial few tens of metres. Scratcher claims to have beaten a nova full of chavs on his ped - a 1.1 litre nova with 4 people in it isn't going to move very fast so why doubt his claim? He may be embroidering the truth slightly but are you telling me that you never do that?

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 16:51 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Scooters are bloody nippy and will beat lots of things off the lights. Maybe not for very far, but they'll have the initial few tens of metres. Scratcher claims to have beaten a nova full of chavs on his ped - a 1.1 litre nova with 4 people in it isn't going to move very fast so why doubt his claim? He may be embroidering the truth slightly but are you telling me that you never do that?

Possibly to a slight extent. But it is usually very slight, in fact when my speedo claims ninety ill say nah im doing like 70. To be told by my mate no trust you came past about 90.

Im a naturally honest person, dont see the point in lying. I will only sugar the blade or whatever its called when you dont say 'your ugly so frankly i dont wanna see you' but say 'we are too close mates for anything like that' blah blah. well i do that.

In fact im quite worried by MY inability to beat some cars from the lights, well actually no one has really tried with me yet. And also my plug was blowing, maybe when it comes back it will be better. But i will be honest with stuff.

Just as im gonna honestly say, even full of chavs, a god knows how old, restricted 50cc moped will not beat a sportyish car thats trying away from the lights unless they were stoned or too busy pointing and laughing, for any more then about 5 m if that, whereas he claims to have got a 50 m ish lead.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Last edited by Visitor Q on 16:52 - 25 Jun 2004; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Pants!
I Karma

PostPosted: 16:51 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XJR1300 from the front is a misleading bike, it can look a bit like a standard road bike.

I had a Aprillia 125 take me on when I was on it, it was so amusing we were behind some cars and there was no overtaking opportunity, he was the proceeding to warm up his tyres by zig zagging left and right in front of me. We then got to a convenient straight and he decided to overtake, so I let him tuck in, his right arm made those really violent movements as he wacked the throttle to the stop and he was off...... Next gear.......... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

He gave the little rear look to see if I was keeping up, LOL, as he went to move back in to the left lane and opened a big enough gap to his right, I fucked it past him! He went past me like he was stationary.......

At the next roundabout I stopped and he sat behind me, I don't think he wanted to play any more.

It was an amusing ride, I remember when I was on my GP125 all those years ago a guy on some huge bike did the same to me. Just like this guys I really believed I was going so fast, until he passed me that is.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 16:53 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

a small scooter will beat a car up to 15mph

why do you have such a complex about scooters Question
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:05 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
a small scooter will beat a car up to 15mph

why do you have such a complex about scooters Question

Too many people i know had an invincibility complex about their scooter, just got me annoyed. I just rode my standard 50 cc ped, it was a lovely little thing, handled well, but when it was restricted it might as well have been a pushbike whenever i hit a slight incline. De restricted it was a different animal, and gunning it i spose i coudl have got a slight lead on ped boys in novas, with perfect gear changes, and this on probably the fastest 50cc (disputedly with the RS50) i would have beaten them to about 40 possibly... but only just. And thats assuming it was like a stock peugeot 406. Novas i dont doubt would have stomped all over me past about 5 mph.

Hence why i find it hard to stomach a vintage restricted scooter took on someone seriously interested in racing them and came off well for a 20th of a km apparently.
I imagine what occured was something like they went, oh my look at the shed, ooh he wants to race, sat at the lights and watched his speed, pointed, laughed, then blazed past them.
Its an amusing thing i do to scooters, cos i hate them. Chavs ride them by en large, and me leaving in the sunny south Rolling Eyes have had too many run ins with scooter gangs. Including some twat head kiddie fiddler who let his gf's mates ride it who were like 12, had no helmets on and were razzing round cycle tracks on it two up. Nearly screamed straight into me on the exit of an underpass.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Get a proper bike Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

If people are aware they are merely slow sheds on wheels, i have no issue, which is why i dont mind somerset scratcher and the other lad on here who own scooters. By en large they realise they are slow, and cant wait to take their test and get something decent.

So i know that was more of an incoherent rant rather then an answer, but yes i hate scooters, they suck. They are strictly A2B and a tad of independence, they arent pleasure machines.

And yes i have rode them before. True i went up the road, came back and went fuck that and gave it back to the bloke. And that was one of the msot powerful out (italjet formula) fully derestricted. And literally sat on it and ripped back the throttle and it barely moved. Again hence my disbelief of the beating the nova claim.

Last edited by Visitor Q on 17:47 - 25 Jun 2004; edited 1 time in total

carnislick
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:18 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My scooter could beat 1.1 puntos up to about 45 mph.

The reason they can do this is because the optimum mechanical abilty can be acheived by simply wrenching back the throttle. Whereas on a geared vehical you have much more to think about and you have more mechanical control making it harder to acheive the machines maximum performance.

So when a "ped boy" boasts how HE can beat cars etc to XXXmph that is why people get annoyed because it takes no skill what so ever but they claim that they are the greatest just because they ride the easiest peice of equipment to use ever.

i think that ONE the reason that people see the scooter riders in such a negative light

Paul

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:23 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true, however they cannot do brilliant starts, when throttle is ripped back it eases on the power progressively, hence why you never see one wheelie from lights unless they shuffle in the seat, in which case it just pops up and comes down again. And goes no where.

I dunno, they just seem pointless.
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:26 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how it seems to be the people who aren't on very big bikes themselves that have the issues with scooters. Laughing

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorry driver you just need to chill out a bit, in the grand scheme of things your bike is slow as well, hopefuly you don't ride it like a ped boy! Very Happy

Roo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not universally....
Gilers Runner 180's really are quick around town. Very Happy
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:44 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Funny how it seems to be the people who aren't on very big bikes themselves that have the issues with scooters. Laughing

True, but that is because we are of the younger group who have to put up with these numpties associating with us. Also i would and could quite happily ride an R6 or what have you. However i know i dont have the self restraint, also i dont want to have an illegal bike and there is no way ill castrate any bike im riding to 33bhp, so im stuck at under 33 bhp as standard, which is im afraid a low capacity bike. However had i been 21 i would have done DAS and got a decent bike.

Besides which say i got an R6 at 17, got bored of restrictors so took them out, got bored of R6 by 19, got an R1 got bored of that... then what?

This way i can build up in increments, my next bike will probs be a "restricted nc30 or summit when im 18, or just wait till im 19 and get a big feckoff streetfighter, or even just a small one, like i think the z600, i know theres the z1000, but they do a 600 too dont they. That would do me. Or the small buell lightning.

carnislick
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:11 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny, its a z750, it is basically a sleeved down budget z1000, however statistics show it is not selling as well as it should be due to high asking price. It also skimps out on a few of the cool bits the z1000 has, i.e. the 4 into 2 into 4 pipes. They look awesome

Although the z750 is a cool looking bike.
I just prefer the z1000

my dad owns a "ongoing project" z900 (1970's model) with the zephyre 1000 engine. I love that bike it looks and sound cool (my dads kinda streetfighter-ing it) and he has some bandit forks to go on soon. It also has the 4 into 1 pipe which is cool.

Paul

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 18:13 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought my scooter was pretty decent looking when i got it tbh

and at the time it was a grand cheaper than its geared brother the rs50
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:27 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

From looking through the last few posts it has become obvious that people don't like them because they don't look very nice. Rolling Eyes Tarts.

Mine gets me from A to B...simple.

So what if the mechanical structure of my bike is simple, why bother doing anything else when it still makes the final top speed, of OK 40 MPH.

I'm only 16, If I was allowed anything bigger, surely I would get something bigger, the pure reason the restriction is in place is because far too many kids were dying. How many of you can take the piss out of 50's when you are only on 125's yourselves baffles me, wait till I get my 500. Middle Finger
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 18:30 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
i thought my scooter was pretty decent looking when i got it tbh

and at the time it was a grand cheaper than its geared brother the rs50

Rs50's are overpriced and shite, geared too high IMO, everyone knows acceleration is where its at.
My derbi was quite reasonably priced, about 1200 if memory serves, and was geared, beautiful, handled better then any other bike ive rode round the corners and stoped like a R1. Two fingers can bring up the back at 50 odd. on a 50.
And yet i know people spend 2 grand on a ped Neutral

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:32 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:

And yet i know people spend 2 grand on a ped Neutral

I spent £490.

Whats the point in spending £1000+ on a bike I would only keep for a year and ditch anyway, I hope we are in agreement that some people buy overpriced Peds?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 18:36 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right they do, but mine was mint then, after i abused it for a year, i sold it on for 750. Losing what, 450 quid. For a year of learning, having fun, and generally becoming in love with biking. Cos it was a proper bike.

Scooters have two wheels and move, a bike that does not make.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 18:37 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny, who are you to have a go at people for paying over the odds for a bike? Laughing

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 18:40 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
Bonny, who are you to have a go at people for paying over the odds for a bike? Laughing

Haha Touche. Altho it is a lot of machine for 1400, performance wise. And i can get my money back when i sell it i imagine. Good ol ebay.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 19:18 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Altho it is a lot of machine for 1400, performance wise.

Laura's CBR600 is a lot of machine for the money. Or G's (first) RS250. John's VFR400. All under a grand.

£1400 for 33bhp and no brakes. Hmm.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 19:36 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
bonny_ricardo wrote:
Altho it is a lot of machine for 1400, performance wise.

Laura's CBR600 is a lot of machine for the money. Or G's (first) RS250. John's VFR400. All under a grand.

£1400 for 33bhp and no brakes. Hmm.

Yeh i know Crying or Very sad but hell thats my reward for attempting to stay within the right side of the law and get a bike i like the sound of. Plus thats the reward of dads lending you the money but MAKING you buy it from a dealer, who whacks on 400 quid and sold as seen. But hell, i might get some compensation for brakes, im gonna go up there and harass them.

Mr Pants!
I Karma

PostPosted: 19:48 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Question.....? Reply with quote

Why do ped's always seem to S around on the road?

I am not taking the piss here, I really want to know. Every ped rider I see seems to S around, especially when coming off a round about or something, they will lean out of the exit, then lean the other way then back then back again. It is like they are out of control?

I had two behind me in the car the other day, left and right and left and right. All over the road.

Or is this the cool thing to do and I am missing the point?

Some of these peds from a distance look like race bikes at the front with their lights on, the amount of times I have nodded at them! They probably think it is cool to be nodded at by a big bike, well I guess I would in their position. We all have to start somewhere! Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4