Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cagiva Mito or Aprilia RS125???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

robboadd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:54 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Cagiva Mito or Aprilia RS125??? Reply with quote

Im almost 17 and cant wait till i can get my 125. I have a mbk ovetto at the moment (dont laugh) but i got a sports pipe on it so it does 55mph!! Anyway whats better? IM gonna buy new

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:57 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is very little difference between the 2 although the Mito is much harder to get spares for.

As for buying new, I really wouldn't. You would be better off spending the money on your test and getting a cheap 400.

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:37 - 24 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had that sort of money to blow, it would be the RS125. However I would then think, bugger it, I will get a cheap old NSR and save up for my bike test and something a lot better Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:49 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Sachs, more expensive, not as fast on acceleration, but sexier and more reliable and don't sound like a lawnmower. Plus, looks and sounds a lot bigger than it is.

However, i'm biased so you can ignore me if you want! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rs2_matrix
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:37 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would get the caviga, nice bike to look at plus rs125 are very

unreliable, but if you want to tune them up, the rs125 is much

easier to get parts and are cheaper

LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:10 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sachs sound the smallest of all sports 125's I have heard

Must have been hearing it wrong then. No 4 stroke sounds smaller than a 2 stroke.

This is going to turn into a flame soon enough i think. All these "this bike or that bike" topics always do.

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:31 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

LorryDriver71 wrote:

Mabye it was restricted, I dunno. That normally makes a bike sound tamer. But can you ever restrict XTC's?

I'm guessing it had a bad can on. Mine sounds good. Woke up my mates baby today by accident. I just like them because no-ones got them. Nice to be different i guess. More expensive though. Parts are non-existent. They have a Suzuki SX125 engine in them which was never imported here convieniently so spares have to be bought from Sachs dealers. No, you can't restrict them, and can't derestrict them either. It's 15bhp from start to finish sadly - you can get a big bore kit for them which takes them up to 150cc if you really wanted to though. IMO, i'd just save the money and get a test done instead. Always nice to get a new bike after a while.

Looks good though i think.

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy new its down to style of the bikes and where your nearest dealer is. The RS has a 3yr warrenty on it, but IT HAS to be serviced by a main Aprilia dealer, or the warrenty is void. The mito only has a 1yr warrenty, but the engine can deal with larger service intervals as it has a higher quality piston.

They cost nearly the same, do nearly the same thing, just down to personal preference.

Mito/ rs - lawnmower? Arnt most lawnmowers four strokes???

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:14 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

cagiva gezzer wrote:

Mito/ rs - lawnmower? Arnt most lawnmowers four strokes???

Touche mon amis
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1