Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Plenty of Fish?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:31 - 06 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IfjAatRIBcc/UReMTLu617I/AAAAAAAAJ4c/YHm1iAorF00/s1600/Senor-Chang.gif
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 06 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good show on TLC here (not sure if the UK TLC is going to show it) called Love at First Swipe where they get people in with BAD dating profiles and give them a makeover, both physically and profile-y.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 06 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:
...where they get people in with BAD dating profiles and give them a makeover, both physically and profile-y.

Loads of fat cunts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:00 - 08 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw one where the girl was decent looking, but had a terrible frizzy perm-afro haircut. They sorted that out and then sat her down and roleplayed sending messages to a new dude.

She thought that telling a guy he was 'adorbs' was a good idea. The hostess was aghast.

Another had a very cute Chinese girl who had the stereotypical 'manic pixie dream girl' personality. All her pictures, though, had her pulling stupid faces and wearing weird clothes so they slapped a ton of makeup on her and concealed her quirky nature to make her more mature.

At the end they get to pick one of three guys to go on a date with. The first girl picked a tweed-clad hipster with a beard you could lose a badger in. China girl picked a normal looking guy but they had to go and play chess on a picnic blanket in a park as their date. Meh. 'Reality' TV.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:06 - 08 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

In B4
metalangel wrote:
She broke my heart and stole my stuff!!!!.

Seriously though, all the best.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:38 - 08 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalangel wrote:

She thought that telling a guy he was 'adorbs' was a good idea. The hostess was aghast.

A display of sweeping judgment and wanting a bloke as a pet?

Neutral

-LG-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 30 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:
Perhaps I'll be the new JFK, or worse, at least he was getting some.

Not sure if I should be proud of that reference or not!

Been a while since I've been on here. Bit of an update.

June/July time got talking to a teacher of Tinder. She was nice, went on two dates and then she went quiet. She kept saying she was busy with work, I kinda lost interest as I wasn't up for games. She then text after a week saying she had met someone else but would like to stay friends. We didn't stay in contact.

End of July I got talking to someone off POF. Got on well over text, met up but nothing there.

Got talking to four others in POF. First was in her 30s. Took ages for her to agree to swap numbers. Nothing really there though. She never wanted to meet up either.

Second was slightly older than me, 27/28. She was up for meeting but always too busy, took ages to reply st times despite seeing the message. Had a feeling I was a back up for her. Got some good photos though...

Third was a 20 year old uni student. She was keen on meeting, sadly it was just as she was going on holiday for two weeks, and we couldn't meet up before. Kept in touch while she was away for a week or so though.

Then got talking to a forth, started talking on the Wednesday, swapped numbers on the Friday and agreed to meet by Sunday.

Met on Tuesday, got on brilliantly. Second date on Thursday, third date on Sunday, invited around hers Tuesday.

Been officially together for a month or two now. Lots in common, she has a son, I did say I wouldn't get involved with someone with kids, but glad I changed my mind. He is brilliant. Get on great with him. Her family are lovely and do enjoy spending time with them.

It's kinda weird being in a relationship were she wants to spend time with me and doesn't hide me from her friends/family.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:02 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

-LG- wrote:

It's kinda weird being in a relationship were she wants to spend time with me and doesn't hide me from her friends/family.

please... stahp

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:21 - 04 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for you, not-JFK. You do seem to have something that draws them in so it seems inevitable one of them will be a keeper eventually.
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 03 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So winter is firmly on its way... and a POF profile has been created again. After a severe let down after I got back from China, I think it's time for me to give this online malarkey a go again.

Anybody else still using it?

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 03 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got depressed about the casual nature of smashing girls on tinder and POF. I'm now networking a lot more at uni and have met a couple of very lovely lasses who I'm attempting to woo.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 03 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm still in 'excitement' mode as I only set it all up again yesterday. Loads of potential, absolutely tons of pretty people on there too. And I've got quite a few 'mutual matches' and a few messages from girls as well. I'm not there for quick sex though.

I'll be honest I was in a pretty bad way after the aforementioned let down after China. Getting shot of her for good and seeing what's out there is filling me with optimism. Currently chatting to a couple of really pretty girls (not just in a casual 'fancy a shag' way). I'm biding my time a bit and tonight will be asking one of them if she fancies meeting up sometime soon. Her profile seems to suggest we have a lot in common, apart from one thing... one of her main goals in life is to raise a family and have kids Shocked Laughing . Not the worst thing in the world though, I guess. I just never thought seriously about it before.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 03 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
one of her main goals in life is to raise a family and have kids Shocked Laughing . Not the worst thing in the world though, I guess. I just never thought seriously about it before.

Standard procedure for a girl, because patriarchy.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 03 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
one of her main goals in life is to raise a family and have kids Shocked Laughing . Not the worst thing in the world though, I guess. I just never thought seriously about it before.

Standard procedure for a girl, because patriarchy.

I just wish I could be as honest on my own profile and write in big bold letters, "Tits and gary, that'll do."

Very Happy

I've just messaged her now. I'm being a sucker and falling for the online algorithm thingys that POF uses. She's at the very top of my list of 'Ultra Matches'. I told her so, and she seemed to like it. Just waiting for a reply now.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:58 - 03 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

I've just messaged her now. I'm being a sucker and falling for the online algorithm thingys that POF uses. She's at the very top of my list of 'Ultra Matches'. I told her so, and she seemed to like it. Just waiting for a reply now.

Of course she does. "We're made for each other" etc. Bet she'll do anal. Tart. Thumbs Up

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 05 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll take up Metalangel's reigns and provide regular updates of my POF quest, just as he used to do, just for the hell of it because it's cold, dark and miserable outside and my internet life has now increased hugely.

So that girl I was messaging, we're still talking and it's looking strangely positive. I asked her if she fancied meeting up at some point and got no reply. Then earlier today I saw one girl's profile mentioning that she gets about 300 messages a day, so I decided to brave it and messaged again, basically saying, "I'm just wondering if I should take the non-response as a 'no', or is it because you get hundreds of messages a day and were a bit swamped?"

To my surprise, she replied and said yes it's because she's does get around 100 messages. (This is a revelation to me in itself. 100+ messages a day for some girls?!?!?!).

I jokily told her I didn't have very high hopes then because I can't be arsed competing with hundreds of other anonymous blokes on the internet, to which she responded they're all weirdos, it's no competition at all and I keep just being drowned out by the other messages. Heh, jackpot.

BUT. She sneakily overlooked the 'let's meet up' request that I made. Funnily enough I'm fine with this, I figure she's just apprehensive, but to be honest so am I! I only suggested meeting her because in the past I find messaging will tend to die out if you don't try to make things 'real' at some point.

So to get around the 'swamping' issue, I asked if maybe I could get her phone number so we can message on whatsapp or something instead. She overlooked that request as well Laughing . But she's still replying to me, and messages are now ending with an 'X'. Possibly a good sign? Thinking

Also joined OkCupid and got a message from a quite pretty girl on there - she messaged me first Dance! Laughing . We've been slowly chatting daily since then, just a couple of messages each day. Definite potential there too.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:26 - 07 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

To my surprise, she replied and said yes it's because she's does get around 100 messages. (This is a revelation to me in itself. 100+ messages a day for some girls?!?!?!).

She must be pretty to get THAT many! If its true Wink

Even 5 messages a day, the chances are most would be from guys you would not choose yourself.

Sounds like she needs to work on her profile to filter some out. I think it's a place you need to be a 'bit' kindly blunt.

Lord Percy wrote:

I jokily told her I didn't have very high hopes then because I can't be arsed competing with hundreds of other anonymous blokes on the internet, to which she responded they're all weirdos, it's no competition at all and I keep just being drowned out by the other messages. Heh, jackpot.

This 'could' be perceived in several ways.

To me it sounded like fishing and you got a 'fair' result.

Lord Percy wrote:

She sneakily overlooked the 'let's meet up' request that I made.

She may well be nervous.

Lord Percy wrote:

So to get around the 'swamping' issue, I asked if maybe I could get her phone number so we can message on whatsapp or something instead. She overlooked that request as well Laughing .

I think you should be more direct.

'Maybe' is vague and was met with an even more vague, 'non' response.

It would have been nice of her to say, 'Can we chat a bit more please?' so your not left wondering so much.

But, try not to think too much Smile

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^ oops, never saw the above reply. Sorry!

In response to the part about girls getting loads of messages - It seems true. It's become a line of conversation for me on there, asking girls how may creeps and weirdos they've had, and the answer is usually 'loads'! I ask what the weirdest things are and there's been stuff like being asked to be a sex slave, being paid to be a girlfriend, being a mistress and tying guys on a lead, and one guy who made about 37 different accounts to speak to this girl each time she blocked him!

Anyway, an update on my little POF quest...

Laughing

So the one(s) I was talking to before all fizzled out. Pretty annoying actually - you're having a nice chat about stuff and then it suddenly just stopped.

However I got talking to a couple more.

I met one of them on Tuesday evening sort of impulsively and wow she was nothing like I expected. More ugly than her pictures and her character was horrendous. I don't know if it was nerves or what but she was loud, gregarious and OTT in the ways you would expect someone to be in a group of young mates.

We met on campus then decided to go for a pint, so had to get in her car so she could drive home and then we'd walk to a pub in the area we both live. It was near 5pm so traffic was thick. She got road rage and started doing that annoying OTT anger that people do in a way that's meant to impress others but really it's just annoying. "OH MY GOD FUCKING COME ON, GUY IN FRONT YOU CAN GO FURTHER FORWARD THAN THAT, JUST MOVE!"

It was utterly unreal.

We actually got on ok as people but there wasn't even the slightest tingling of attraction. It was morbid in that sense. I don't necessarily think she was into me either though. And overall it wasn't a bad time. Just not at all romantic by any stretch of the word.

And now I'm in a spot of bother because, as has always been the case with these things, I've very suddenly gone off the idea of online dating things and am quite ready to once again delete it all because it just isn't 'me'. But I've got one problem...

I'm meeting someone else tonight to watch the new Star Wars film. The way we'e been messaging doesn't really fill me with much desire; I can't be arsed at all but she bought the tickets and it'd be a waste for me to cancel.

So I'm gonna go and watch it and just be totally neutral about the whole thing. I figure that's the best way out of it. I'm just not interested in this online datey stuff and I really should be strong and stop drifting towards it. I suppose it shows some level of desperation in me really. And it's never cool to go looking for these kinds of things when you're desperate...

metalangel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am of the view that when you do find a person you click with, it's worth all the crap you had to go through in order to find them. As you recall, I had plenty of horrendous experiences like yours before I found my girlfriend (seven month anniversary yesterday, by the way) so don't get too discouraged. If you are serious about finding someone, you'll keep at it.

If anything else, isn't it nice having stuff to go out and do from time to time?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you're right, and actually tonight wasn't so bad!

Star Wars film was a laugh and totally went against the whole 'cinema first dates are weird' ideology. Then we went to a pub and talked for an hour or two.

She's actually a really nice person and we got on pretty well. However I'm not sure if there's a big physical attraction from me. I guess I'll see her again but I'm also sort of scared. Tonight was the whole 'nice to see you' + 'hug goodbye' (which she went for, not me) - what if next time I decide she's not for me, but she's decided something different?

Either way, it was sort of encouraging, I may not give up quite so soon. I've had a nice Scouse girl messaging me a fair bit who I may just see about meeting now too. Feels odd though - dating multiple people is a 'thing', isn't it? Some people do it anyway. Feels strange to me however.

Weird, I used to find the entire concept of meeting strangers, and especially dating them, a mega nerve-racking idea, but today and Tuesday were both totally fine, and suddenly I'm actually sort of enjoying it, if anything because, as you said, it's nice to have new stuff to go out and do. I guess it's like job interviews. Go to one or two and you start to be ok with all of them.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:40 - 18 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're serious then try a paid site like Match.com, far fewer time wasters and women don't have to pick through 100s of messages. You can probably get free trials, deals etc this time of year.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:29 - 19 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
If you're serious then try a paid site like Match.com, far fewer time wasters

Except match.com is a scam. The fact that they've been sued numerous times for harvesting photos off facebook and making fake profiles to lure people.

Oh and the you get peaks of interest which encourage you to subscribe which evaporates. Then more peaks just as your membership is about to expire...

It's all a scam.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:36 - 19 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Match.com is shit and scammy as fuck, always fuckloads of women near me that want to meet me...

More proof... i signed up for it using smilers name and pictures.. loads of women want him!

Codemonkey
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:19 - 19 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, Years ago when I was single I signed up to match.com, expecting to end up going on countless disastrous dates. In reality I only met up with one person from there, we got on well and have now been very happily married for 6 years. I'd hardly call that a scam.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 136 of 138