Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Under what circumstances do you not ride?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mr Pants!
I Karma

PostPosted: 16:04 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I kick the ass out of it a bit too much

You take the p1ss mate! Well, you are sensible in places, but otherwise your driveway is the start finish line. I am surprised you do not leap about and cheer when you get home and ask your Mrs to take photos of you on your home made podium! LOL

I will not ride in the wet. Also, I will not ride if it may rain heavy! One of my fears is the wet, plus I hate getting my bike that dirty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only times I won't is if its Snowing or Very Icey or if it's really windy.

I will happily ride in the rain, and moderate winds, I do have to get to work somehow and not having a car makes me rely on the bike. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RaVeR_mt50
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:19 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't ride in snow or heavy rain but I do go up the road to a car park when it does snow to have a 'play' Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:28 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't ride when I'm travelling to do work stuff because I'm not insured! Very Happy

{edit} By that I mean that I am not insured to ride for the purposes of business use, I do have insurance... {edit}

carnislick
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:38 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

wimps. lol, i try to ride in every condition (except intoxicated) just so i have some experience of it all. incase i ever NEED to go out in these conditions.

This is because biking is not only my 'hobby' it's also the thing that i rely on to live my lifestyle. so the more conditions i can ride in the more i can use my bike. I dont like people that skamper home tail between their legs at the first sign of rain. YOU LIVE IN ENGLAND FFS.

Paul

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 20:41 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone scampers home if it starts raining. But if I wake up in the morning and it's pissing down, I choose to take the car.

All weather riding. Been there, done that, plenty years.

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ride in the snow, or if its very windy as I was blown into the central reservation of a motorway in march this year! Rain doesn't bother me to much, although my bike is twitchy in the wet weather and prone to a bit of wheel spin.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:11 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

carnislick wrote:
I dont like people that skamper home tail between their legs at the first sign of rain. YOU LIVE IN ENGLAND FFS.

There is the point to consider, that if someone is out for a ride for the enjoyment of it their enjoyment understandably could be cut out by the fact it is raining, so they might as well go home as they're not enjoying it as much. There is also the fact that riding in the rain is more dangerous and more risky as everyone grip is less and everyones braking distances are less and things like drain covers and white lines as you'll be aware are more of a risk on a bike. So why take un-necessary risk when you don't need/ have.

As Bendy say if you have a car and need to take get somewhere you'd just take the car unsurprisingly Laughing .

carnislick
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:18 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find i have just as much grip in the driving rain as in the dry, its just when its greay, problems arise.

When its chucking it down i will still bank into corners at the same amount maybe slightly slower to allow more braking time but thats it.

I ride a fifty with 120 section rear tyre so its not like i have much tyre on the road at any time anyway.

Paul

Scratchy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:21 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

carnislick wrote:
i find i have just as much grip in the driving rain as in the dry

Confused

spankydean
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
wimps. lol, i try to ride in every condition (except intoxicated) just so i have some experience of it all. incase i ever NEED to go out in these conditions.

Last edited by spankydean on 11:20 - 23 May 2006; edited 1 time in total

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow - after drinking AT ALL (meaning i dont drink for months at a time, can't say it worrys me)

Arrow - snow (every tryed to pick up a 250kgs worth of bike with no grip? no thanks, will hopefully be geting a trike for shaty weather at some point though Razz )

People who flat refuse to ride in the rain who never have are missing allot, several of the most amazeing rides ive ever been on its been *issing it down or hailing... this was on my current 20year old tank and on my (r.i.p.) cg125, daft tyres, joke brakes, still fun.

The only things that are difficult to deal with are snow and ice, because theres not much you can do about no grip, snow is not such a big deal if you have the right bike for it...

rain - dont lean so hard, take things sooth and leave more distance to brake (double)

wind - stay relaxed, grip the tank with your knees, be ready for change of wind direction when your passing lorrys or going under bridges.

Have a look in the sig at the tips section, lots of info on less agreeable conditions...

If it was going to work on miles of mindnumbingly **** motorway then yeh not much bike fun to be had there...

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 25 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer/drugs are the only thing to put me off riding. Thumbs Up

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. When I dont have to and can't be arsed. (ie weekend riding)

2. When someone else drives me in their car Thumbs Up

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:22 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its too windy, there's ice, or snow, or hail. I don't mind the rain.

Craig G(Noggin)

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 11:45 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drink/Drugs... Pretty much.

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy rain, freezing cold, ice, snow.

billy whizz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:20 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

When im asleep! Very Happy

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noggin wrote:
If its too windy, there's ice, or snow, or hail. I don't mind the rain.

Craig G(Noggin)

Fag Wink

billy whizz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:29 - 26 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip wrote :-
Quote:
FAG Wink

HA HA HA LMAO Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2