Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

German Para Boots

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:35 - 23 Aug 2013    Post subject: German Para Boots Reply with quote

I bought a pair of these because I didn't want to shell out bundles on proper bike boots and I have to say, these are the nuts for what you pay for them. Unless you buy them new, they'll be surplus and broken in and they are really sturdy. They have a segment in the heel which allows for extended foot movement which are handy for gear changing and braking and also have a speed lacing arrangement which allows you to get them on almost as fast as if they were zipped. For the money you can't go wrong.

https://www.army-surplus.org.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x650/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/e/german_para_boots_2000_model_grade_1_2.jpg

That is all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

_mjs_
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:01 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they'd be good for stomping gypsies, Bolsheviks and queers too Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mates used a pair of them for years also, swears by them.

Think he hurt his leg since buying them though, he always goose-steps everywhere now Thinking

DJS
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:04 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
My mates used a pair of them for years also, swears by them.

Think he hurt his leg since buying them though, he always goose-steps everywhere now Thinking

Is your mate Max Moseley?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:12 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are good for stomping on things Laughing

The only thing is the lack of ankle support that proper bike boots have, but if you don't intend to crash Thumbs Up

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:14 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I should have added that you get an irristable urge to march into Poland as soon as you put a pair on. That's the only drawback Sad Mr. Green

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:29 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of Austrian para boots what is even betterer. Made by Haix. Thumbs Up

scarborough_lad
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:51 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
I have a pair of Austrian para boots what is even betterer. Made by Haix. Thumbs Up

Well they should be better, they're the original Germans, now they're just hipsters.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:54 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar ex army boots for work.

Nick 50
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

Are you in the Gestapo?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a pair of Polish paratrooper boots, they were fantastic. One winter I even put screws into the soles the hacksawed the heads off so I could walk on ice. The soles were so tough it didnt damage them at all. I lost them in a move and wish I could get another pair.

radicalrabit
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:49 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONE OF TH4E BIKE MAGAZINES did an article on boots and the german para boots scored as high as many of the sports biker boots only failing on the lack of armour for the ankle bone The abrasion test showed they lasted far longer than aldo/lidl etc bike boots and Though I have never owned a pair if i was going on a long euro tour they would be my boot of choice They will always be water proof .
They are made from Argentinian Leather I believe German Issue Para Boots Mk5 / MK6 Model

These are the current boot that the German Army get issued when serving in the military today. They are also worn by many Special Forces personnel throughout the world due to them being extremely comfortable and very hard wearing. They are made to the highest of standards from very tough wearing leather; they are very comfortable and have a padded collar which offers more comfort and also excellent ankle support.

"We have both the Genuine German Army MK5 and MK6 Para Boots in stock which are manufactured by HAIX. If you do have a preference then please let us know and we will see what the stock availability is."

'nuff said Good Boots

radicalrabit
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:53 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONE OF TH4E BIKE MAGAZINES did an article on boots and the german para boots scored as high as many of the sports biker boots only failing on the lack of armour for the ankle bone The abrasion test showed they lasted far longer than aldo/lidl etc bike boots and Though I have never owned a pair if i was going on a long euro tour they would be my boot of choice They will always be water proof .
They are made from Argentinian Leather I believe

'nuff said Good Boots

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:38 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick 50 wrote:
Skudd wrote:

Are you in the Gestapo?

Family tradition. Although I have turned down entering the Masons.

Snodvan
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:49 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Re: German Para Boots Reply with quote

Motorhate wrote:
I bought a pair of these because I didn't want to shell out bundles on proper bike boots and I have to say, these are the nuts for what you pay for them. Unless you buy them new, they'll be surplus and broken in and they are really sturdy. They have a segment in the heel which allows for extended foot movement which are handy for gear changing and braking and also have a speed lacing arrangement which allows you to get them on almost as fast as if they were zipped. For the money you can't go wrong.

https://www.army-surplus.org.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x650/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/e/german_para_boots_2000_model_grade_1_2.jpg

That is all.

Fully agree. Brilliant boots for the money (I paid £33 I think). I bought one pair and was so delighted I bought 2 more pairs reckoning the 3 pairs will last me my time motorcycling.

Very comfortable. You can wear them all day AND do a lot of walking in them with no problems. Never had any water leaks - but then I am a fair weather biker whenever possible.

Snod (now the wrong side of 70!)

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a pair of these for about 3 years now. They great do anything boots, taken then up scarfell pike, biked all over britain in them too. Very comfy, could wear them all day long, fairly waterproof too if you give them a good coating of wax, or if you're really giving them a soaking a cheap pair of army seal skinz will do good. Very confidence inspiring and sturdy.

Think theres been posts on these before as i remember mentioning them, and the original plug which made me buy them is on here somewhere
Bigmal This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Mehty
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:43 - 24 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of uk navy issue, that where 'borrowed' from them. They get returned and swaped for a new pair when ever they get too worn (the toes/ sides on mine on some corners as they are fairly wide)

Iv never used a different set of boots in my 3 year riding career and doubt I will.

Water proof, compfy and good at cracking gypsie/chav and other wankers skulls.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 4 years, 227 days between these two posts...

Snodvan
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:40 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: German Para Boots Reply with quote

Snodvan wrote:
Motorhate wrote:

That is all.

Fully agree. Brilliant boots for the money (I paid £33 I think). I bought one pair and was so delighted I bought 2 more pairs reckoning the 3 pairs will last me my time motorcycling.

Very comfortable. You can wear them all day AND do a lot of walking in them with no problems. Never had any water leaks - but then I am a fair weather biker whenever possible.

Snod (now the wrong side of 70!)

Resurecting an old post
Snod is now almost the wrong side of 76 - and is dying of lung cancer.
A local dealer will, for a modest fee, handle displaying/ seliing my bike but there are all sorts of extras around the house

I have one pair of these German Para Boots (used - prefer to say broken in) that are in superb condition and finish. Personally I have never worn them because I always wore one of the other pairs I bought at the same time.

Anyone want to make an offer

Snod

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorhate wrote:
Yeah I should have added that you get an irristable urge to march into Poland as soon as you put a pair on. That's the only drawback Sad Mr. Green

And get trounced in World Wars and Cups.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:02 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I offer a half eaten packet of wotsits.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I offer unconditional surrender.

Sorry to hear of your illness. Not much else I can say really.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

suppose half a packet of faggs is of no interest then Sad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's terrible how your mortality sneaks up and kicks you in the goolies.

I think I always thought I'd live forever when I was a nipper.

My sympathies Snod, make sure you enjoy every second you have left Thumbs Up

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been using para boots for over a year now. Can't fault them just keep wearing out the soles as they are my work boot as well.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2