German Para Boots

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

fireyphoenix1...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 08:02 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
I have a pair of Austrian para boots what is even betterer. Made by Haix. Thumbs Up

THIS.
Damned things are only £35 a pair surplus.
I own 5 pairs, (2 i wear 3 spare) by far the best boots i have ever owned on or off a bike.

Totally 100% waterproof, i use them on the bike and at airsoft as well as daily wear.
Thicker leather than any of my motorcycle boots with a heavily padded cuff and tongue.
Has to be these ones with the tan lining tho, not the cheaper single skin ones.

I wear these the majority of the time on the bike, unless im going out specifically to spend a day riding and nothing else, then i wear my SMX plus.

https://i.imgur.com/8dK393ah.jpg

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireyphoenix1989 wrote:
Hetzer wrote:
I have a pair of Austrian para boots what is even betterer. Made by Haix. Thumbs Up

Has to be these ones with the tan lining tho, not the cheaper single skin ones.

https://i.imgur.com/8dK393ah.jpg

Very important ^ I have the thinner ones as workboots though.
Good German boots are harder to find now, or rather pricey, the Austrian ones are also an inch or so taller without making them hard to walk in too.
Sometimes a lace hook is missing but they are easily replaced and can be sourced on ebay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for austrian boots... used them for commuting for long time and never let a drop of rain in, and barely look any different to when I first bought them for £27.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought some British Extreme cold weather boots, supergrade, bit pricier but they are in very very good nick. Feel very well made and have a goretex liner.

Very thick sole, makes me feel tall haha, and I can get a lot more of my foot on the floor while wearing them on the mt09. I have a 28.5" inside leg, so vertically challenged on most bikes.

I've yet to ride them on the bike, I think I might have to move the gear lever to reliably get my toe under on the move. But we shall see, if they don't make good bike boots they will make fantastic walking boots, so they will be used either way.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
I might have to move the gear lever to reliably get my toe under on the move...

You'd think that would be an issue with the bulky looking German/Austrian ones but I've never had a problem with several different bikes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:25 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's a good place to buy these from?

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
bacon wrote:
I might have to move the gear lever to reliably get my toe under on the move...

You'd think that would be an issue with the bulky looking German/Austrian ones but I've never had a problem with several different bikes.

Good to know, as the German ones were what I will consider if these are a bit thick. I'm only going by a brief sit on the bike and may find the lever is fine where it is.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Where's a good place to buy these from?

My British ECW supergrade were £58 on ebay, they come in 3 different widths (small, medium and large), I ordered medium in my normal size, as I have short fat hobbit feet and they are roomier than I expected. I think each width increment in size is 10mm extra width?

Ebay seems to have plenty of the German Para boots as well. Plenty of online surplus stores too, no idea which are the better ones though.

For example:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GERMAN-ARMY-PARA-BOOT-GENUINE-MK5-MK6-PARATROOPER-MILITARY-CADET-COMBAT-LEATHER/300691122340?hash=item46029668a4:m:mWvpWxqRjSp5NTioglT2ogQ

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: German Para Boots Reply with quote

Snodvan wrote:
I have one pair of these German Para Boots (used - prefer to say broken in) that are in superb condition and finish. Personally I have never worn them because I always wore one of the other pairs I bought at the same time.

Anyone want to make an offer

Snod

What size boots are they?

I don't want them, but it is vital information.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm, British ECW boots fit under my mt09 gear lever ok, they are thick, but they fit with no adjustments .

Assume German ones will fit in a similar way

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:48 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to move mine up a little bit for my Sidis.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had para boots on when i crashed the divvy at like 30 many years back

did not work

ankle:
https://i.imgur.com/51ZhRJU.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:25 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
ankle

<anecdotally> Better your ankle going snappy than your knee coming apart </anecdotally>

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely.....something to look forward too...

The other option I was considering, other than surplus, was a set of enduro boots. Decent thick sole and the usual armour associated with a bike boot

B5234FT
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:55 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some alpinestars SMx-4 boots which I liked and the soles expired towards the end of last summer.

As an interim over the winter I got some surplus british army boots on Rogerborgs recommendation and theyre great, waterproof, nice and warm and you can actually walk in them off the bike.

One thing I will say, is the soles dont cope with being bent, so after using them for working on cars, squatting on my toes in the wheelarch, the soles have split between the tread blocks. Just something to watch out for.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubber parts fail. On everything. Got my spare boots out during the winter snow as they were decently snowprood and easier to drive in than my walking boots and the right shift pad fell apart.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Altberg boots are available on the ebays for similar money. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xaltberg+combat+boot.TRS0&_nkw=altberg+combat+boot&_sacat=0

B5234FT
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:38 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm not complaining, I'll just avoid bending the next set! They'd have lasted ages just walking in them

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:36 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up to 3million steps in my current paratrooper boots looks like they are on the way for a replacement. The soles are starting to really go on them.

Snodvan
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:19 - 16 Jun 2018    Post subject: Re: German Para Boots Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Snodvan wrote:
I have one pair of these German Para Boots (used - prefer to say broken in) that are in superb condition and finish. Personally I have never worn them because I always wore one of the other pairs I bought at the same time.

Anyone want to make an offer

Snod

What size boots are they?

I don't want them, but it is vital information.

Sorry, size 10
Now just finished my third chemotherapy session - and feel like shit.
Bike has been sold now. I will miss it a lot but ---- no way would I now be safe on a bike. Because of the meds I now only drive the car 4-5 days after the last opiate dose.
Snod

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:24 - 17 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this thread has been bumped I thought I'd update on my experience so far with my British ECW Marine boots.

They are very comfy, the toe is thick and lacking in feel compared to a dedicated bike boot but that is hardly unexpected. I haven't hit a false neutral or anything so it can't be that bad!

They have a pair of eyelets half way up the boot, that are a set and forget style (I don't know what they are called), but basically you pull the laces up to half way nice and snug, when you unlace the boot at the top and loosen the tongue to take them off, the lower laces stay tight. Makes them very quick to remove and put back on.

I'm a short ass, the thick sole on these boots feels great at junctions, they literally add 15 to 20mm at the toe compared to say 8mm on my sporty bike boots, and around 30mm at the heel. The toe is the important part to a short ass, I can get my balls (of my feet) down on the mt09 now which is very reassuring, and similar stability on the Deauville.

Not had to crash in them so cannot comment on that yet. It was cold when I bought them and I didn't notice the cold, obviously as we get to the next winter I'll be able to give a better report.

So for £58 I am very impressed, still fancy some enduro style boots, perhaps better protection in an off, extra sole height but with a toe that has more feel.

Cheers
Mike
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 276 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2