Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


CBR engine noises

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

TCFA
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:16 - 26 Aug 2013    Post subject: CBR engine noises Reply with quote

Hi folks

I'd like to draw on your combined expertise re my CBR600F. 'tis a 2003 fuel injected model. Bought it privately with 21.5k on the clock. Experiencing concerning engine noises.

1) regular ticking sound, increases with revs. I thought this might be the cam chain. However, when I took it in to get the front disc changed (warped, boo), I asked the mechanics about it and they said it is not a noise to be concerned about. So I'm happy on that.

2) the engine sounds coarse above around 5k. When I rode the bike home (through town so no high revving) I thought it just had a nice throaty airbox noise, not having much experience with a sports IL4. But it just doesn't sound right. I then thought it was maybe loose plastics - I can't entirely rule this out, but I'm fairly certain it's the engine.

3) I experience a metal scraping / tinkling noise. I thought it was the key fob on the yoke, but sadly no. It comes on at 6000, then goes. It is an irregular sound, i.e. not with any rhythm. I hope that something which vibrates has a particular resonance at that frequency, but I've no idea what it could be. It sounds nasty though.

Any ideas?

Cheers and happy bank holiday
____________________
Then: Kawasaki ZZR250 > Suzuki Across 250 > Suzuki SV650 > Honda CB750
Now: Honda CBR600F and Triumph Tiger 800 XRT
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.87 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 27.94 Kb