Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New. . . first bike, 83' GPZ750A

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

jeansond
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:25 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: New. . . first bike, 83' GPZ750A Reply with quote

Hi all, new to the forums. . . first post.

I just acquired a 83' GPz750, it was sitting in my grandparent's yard, so i picked it up. Me and dad got it running, everythings working pretty well, working on getting the front turn signals and mirrors to complete it. Its leaking fuel a bit < floats aren't causing needles to seat correctly > and the brakes aren't working correctly, having hell with those. Once all that is fixed, she's ready to be inspected, provided we can get the title cleared up.

- Questions. . . does anyone have experience with this bike, hows it run, decent for a 18 yr old, 200lb 6ft guy? The sucker weighs 900lbs . . . from what i can see, riding it around the house, its got some get up, although i haven't really taken it out of second yet. What exacly is the process of getting a license and such for it. . . how does all of that work? This is my first true bike, i used to ride an old 80 dirt bike, and have a four-wheeler and all, but i know this is/will be a totally different experience.

*pst* if anyone has any mirrors/front turn signals, let me know. . .

Any info appreciated. Thanks
-Jason
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mattastic
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:27 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Ebay for parts? I've found loads of stuff for my GS125 that is 18 years old on there! Also, the back of Biketrader has loads of breakers in!

Were you been sarastic about it weighing 900lbs as I seriously doubt it weighs more than twice a VFR750!

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:37 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dad had a GPZ twin, the thing was old but it still breathed fired when you gave it a fist full of revs. i should imagine the 750 to be very much the same.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Re: New. . . first bike, 83' GPZ750A Reply with quote

jeansond wrote:
Hi all, new to the forums. . . first post.

I just acquired a 83' GPz750, it was sitting in my grandparent's yard, so i picked it up. Me and dad got it running, everythings working pretty well, working on getting the front turn signals and mirrors to complete it. Its leaking fuel a bit < floats aren't causing needles to seat correctly > and the brakes aren't working correctly, having hell with those. Once all that is fixed, she's ready to be inspected, provided we can get the title cleared up.

- Questions. . . does anyone have experience with this bike, hows it run, decent for a 18 yr old, 200lb 6ft guy? The sucker weighs 900lbs . . . from what i can see, riding it around the house, its got some get up, although i haven't really taken it out of second yet. What exacly is the process of getting a license and such for it. . . how does all of that work? This is my first true bike, i used to ride an old 80 dirt bike, and have a four-wheeler and all, but i know this is/will be a totally different experience.

*pst* if anyone has any mirrors/front turn signals, let me know. . .

Any info appreciated. Thanks
-Jason

I assume from your post that your American?

And cos this is a mainly UK based forum we won't be able to help you on the Indictator and Mirror front, as the others have said check ebay.

And the GPz750 weighs 470lb dry, not 900 and it produces about 86BHP. Razz.

Be aware if it the twin shock model you might need to replace them as they weave badly and the 16" front wheel doesn't help either.

Craig

jeansond
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 02:00 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, i've checked ebay, gotten several parts already off of the site, me and dad do a lot of business through it. And about the weight, i was just going of the card on the frame that reads dry weight, 900lbs. . . maybe its in some other unit or something. . . but the thing sure is heavy. . . i'm no weakling and i can barely get either end off the ground.

As far as going. . . its my first bike and i'm pretty positive it has more than enough power for me as a beginner, lol. . . we shall see.

Ninja
Caption Abuser

PostPosted: 08:26 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Re: New. . . first bike, 83' GPZ750A Reply with quote

jeansond wrote:
. . . from what i can see, riding it around the house . . .

Jeez - I know you Americans might like things big, but - WOWEE!

"Supercross track? What? Oh - you mean the sandpit . . "

Hi and welcome, please forgive the easy shot at the stereotype!

btw, I'm a Scotsman, so feel free . . . Laughing Thumbs Up

jeansond
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:32 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, seeing as it doesn't have any brakes atm, i've never ridden a sportbike before, and its missing turn signals and mirrors. . . plust a title, and a licence for it and myself. . . i don't think i'm going to take it on the road quite yet. . . we've got some dirt roads on my 500acre ranch where i rode it some just to run it. lol. . . dirty scotsman
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1