BCF: Bike Chat Forums

HELP ME

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:47 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: HELP ME Reply with quote

Hello all Thumbs Up I took my bar end weights off my bandit today because i was going to give them a coat of paint (don't ask they looked crap) now I have a problem, the fooking things won't bolt back in Question Confused Confused so now I'm stuck riding my bandit 6 with no bar end weights Shocked any ideas Question THANK YOU

primalcarl
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:53 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it because the paint has made the fit a bit tight? Sand it

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:00 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

primalcarl wrote:
Is it because the paint has made the fit a bit tight? Sand it
no it just wont screw back in Exclamation it couldnt of had a lose nut behind it so Im baffled i might just superglue them Laughing

BIKELESS STEVE
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:17 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna do the same on mine (paint flaked off, look a bit crap) but might hold fire on that till you've found out what's wrong!
Hope you sort it out Confused

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:19 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEVEONE wrote:
I was gonna do the same on mine (paint flaked off, look a bit crap) but might hold fire on that till you've found out what's wrong!
Hope you sort it out Confused
hmm well its just an excuse to get some renthal bars init Laughing anyone got any going cheap

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:39 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone must be able to help Confused

sv_cath
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:43 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, but is there anything you can drill a new thread into using a tap + dye kit?
If they're completely hollow, there must be a grommit in the handlebar that the weights screwed into - unless you can fish it back with a bit of wire or something?
Sorry if that's completely useless, but I don't know what else to suggest (apart from some nice flat handlebars, maybe anodised to match your bike....?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:50 - 28 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

sv_cath wrote:
Just a thought, but is there anything you can drill a new thread into using a tap + dye kit?
If they're completely hollow, there must be a grommit in the handlebar that the weights screwed into - unless you can fish it back with a bit of wire or something?
Sorry if that's completely useless, but I don't know what else to suggest (apart from some nice flat handlebars, maybe anodised to match your bike....?)
nothing is useless I just cant work it out it's doing my head in Confused I'm gonna have to save up and get some renthal bars

sv_cath
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:08 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. I had a word with my clever other half and he's said that in his experience there's two types of bar end weight - one that screws into the handlebar and one that comes in two parts, and when you screw the outer part into the inner one, it expands it so it grips onto the inside of the bar, so if the bar end weight is in two bits, try taking them apart, then inserting into the handlebar, then screwing the outer bit back in to expand the inner bit.
Does that make sense? If not, PM me and I'll try to explain myself a bit better!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Pants!
I Karma

PostPosted: 12:17 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes agreed.

How about, get the thread started and pull it towards you whilst you are doing it up, it should then hold the inner bolt steady whilst you do it up....

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:44 - 29 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the handle bar there is a bit of plastic and I got a funny feeling the nut was ment to be behind it so bugger it I don't think I can be botherd ANYONE GOT ANY RENTHAL bars Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1